Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ref

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There was a quality Albion counter attack in the first few minutes, a Forest player near the centre circle stopped it in its tracks. Free kick.

It deserved a yellow.

I realise there’s a silly unwritten custom of refraining from issuing cards early doors.

I disagree, imho it set the tone … Forest knew they could cheat all night.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Forest came for a draw and a key component was blatant, consistent timewasting at every opportunity. He bought it every time.

And we have a new blight on our game. It was once diving / simulation; it is now feigning serious injury after losing possession. This is now rife in the Premier League with Brentford and Forest being particularly guilty.
There was also an instance in the second half when a corner was swung in, a couple of players went for a header that was only half cleared to the side of the penalty area where Trossard picked it up and we had a box full of players. But then one of the Forest players went down holding his face. The game was stopped immediately, all momentum checked, end of the attack, pressure off, job done. Of course he was up right as rain within a few seconds with no ill effects.

Referees are getting played. Its so cynical, its infuriating.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
The lino put up the flag our way, the ref who was miles away pointed the other way after seeing the lino's flag, so the lino changed it! It was very odd & that's without the rest of the timewasting & major injuries to the Forest players on the pitch.
The ref was right though. It came off lampteys head. As much as i thought the ref was poor - the linesman was also useless

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
There was also an instance in the second half when a corner was swung in, a couple of players went for a header that was only half cleared to the side of the penalty area where Trossard picked it up and we had a box full of players. But then one of the Forest players went down holding his face. The game was stopped immediately, all momentum checked, end of the attack, pressure off, job done. Of course he was up right as rain within a few seconds with no ill effects.

Referees are getting played. Its so cynical, its infuriating.
That was the most frustrating instance in the game, we clearly were on the attack.
the player on the floor was clearly acting, that comes from management, embarrassing football, and inept referee.
I was spitting feathers.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Forest players had free rein to ‘sit down’ every time possession was turned over in the knowledge that the ref would blow up for a serious head injury. They did it time after time and the ref ****ing loved it.

We failed to win because we failed to score but we won’t see any worse reffing performances for the rest of the season. He was a ****.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Forest came for a draw and a key component was blatant, consistent timewasting at every opportunity. He bought it every time.

And we have a new blight on our game. It was once diving / simulation; it is now feigning serious injury after losing possession. This is now rife in the Premier League with Brentford and Forest being particularly guilty.
Spot on.

People talk about anti-football.

To me Forest were the epitome of it with the time wasting and feigning serious injury.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Spot on.

People talk about anti-football.

To me Forest were the epitome of it with the time wasting and feigning serious injury.
To think people were touting Steve Cooper to be our manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here