Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ref v Palace

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Crystal Palace v. Brighton & Hove Albion (8.00pm)
Referee: Andy Hall (W Midlands)
Assistant Referees: Paul Barnes (Cambridgeshire) and Fred Graham (Essex)
Fourth Official: Tony Mason (Kent)

Looking at the comments on Ratetheref he looks like a complete muppet - just whats not required for this game.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: So far this season from 8 games he handed out 26 yellows and 4 reds. Should be ideal for a blood, guts and thunder local derby then:angry: :angry: :angry: FFS can't the FL use some common sense when they allocate refs?

We had him against Plymouth last season comments from that game here :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Andy Hall :tosser:

Last edited:

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Re: Rev v Palace

Billy Seagull said:

Looking at the comments on Ratetheref he looks like a complete muppet - just whats not required for this game.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: So far this season from 8 games he handed out 26 yellows and 4 reds. Should be ideal for a blood, guts and thunder local derby then:angry: :angry: :angry: FFS can't the FL use some common sense when they allocate refs?

We had him against Plymouth last season comments from that game here :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rev?
:lolol:

God save us ;)

CoventrySeagull

Jul 7, 2003
Back in HANGLETON
Billy Seagull said:

It could be to our advantage, who knows. If the rythym of the game is broken up due to the ref sticking his oar in when its not needed, then maybe it could help us. Will have to wait and see.

As long as he doesn't get too carried with yellow & reds then should be interesting. Certainly will help boost the atmosphere, I would have thought.

Last edited:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Not good news. This guy was terrible and seemed to be blatantly favouring Plymouth. Did not seem to know or enforce several rules and ignored his linesmen.

I'm sure Tank will remember this guy as he was absolutely fuming at the penalty.

I don't know why but last season we had a lot of refs against us, our luck certainly didn't balance out over the season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
eagles #1 said:
I can see it now...AJ returns...Ref that hates Brighton...what do we reckon...5 penalties to the Palace?

:lolol:

As long as you miss 4 of them again.:lolol: :lolol:

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Ref v Palace

eastlondonseagull said:
All we need is a twat for a ref and the fireworks will be coming out, that's for sure.

Another Kelvin Morton, perhaps? ???

No one could ever be as bad as Kelvin Morton. That match was a local derby like no other! How long did Mike Trusson last on the pitch - seemed to me like only a few minutes.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
No ref will ever be as bad as Ron Challis of the Palace, after that prat almost any ref is good!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
He is a shit ref, i might have a bet on over two red cards. I wonder what sort of odds i could get on that.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
We need a top Ref for this game.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
What a coventry fan thought of his perfomance v reading a few weeks back - fortunatley the game was played in a decent spirit hmmm ours wont be, bodes well

"This man was a disgrace to the profession. He got just about everything wrong, and had not the first clue how to control a football match. I fear he would struggle in the Cub Scouts League!

Rarely have I seen a referee so inconsistent in the course of a game. It was impossible to predict what he would blow for next. He blew for the most innocuous challenges, yet missed far worse ones. Fortunately the game was played in a decent spirit, but it didn't stop this fool flashing his card at every opportunity.

It would take an age to describe all the errors Mr Hall made today. But his ability is so limited that he should not be allowed to continue without some serious retraining. Some of his antics were simply laughable."
Ian87 11-09-2005 @ 02:26

y2dave said:
Not good news. This guy was terrible and seemed to be blatantly favouring Plymouth. Did not seem to know or enforce several rules and ignored his linesmen.

I'm sure Tank will remember this guy as he was absolutely fuming at the penalty.

I don't know why but last season we had a lot of refs against us, our luck certainly didn't balance out over the season.

Maybe - but we won all our other games he has reffed inclusing our biggest win in many years :-

MatchDate MatchDay Comp Venue Result Score HT Scorers Attendance Team Referee SentOff
1997-12-28 Sun. FL D3 (a) W 2-1 1-0 J.Minton, R.Reinelt 8281 Peterborough United A.Hall
2000-02-26 Sat. FL D3 (a) W 7-1 2-0 R.Zamora 3 (1 pen),
K.McPherson, P.Brooker,
D.Freeman, P.Rogers 2743 Chester City A.Hall
2003-12-26 Fri. FL D2 (h) W 4-0 2-0 R.Carpenter, J.Piercy 2,
C.McPhee 6141 Wycombe Wanderers A.Hall
2004-05-01 Sat. FL D2 (h) W 1-0 0-0 OG 6618 Notts County A.Hall
2004-08-10 Tue. FL Champ (h) L 0-2 0-2 6387 Plymouth Argyle A.Hall D.Harding

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Looks like he deosnt mind booking Palace players either.

andy_hall.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here