Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ref tonight

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
Wasn't he poor......lost control I thought and when the northstand questioned that the wall for a free kick was too close he eventually went and paced it out (six big steps then four little ones).....what a shambles :mad:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There were a lot of moments I felt the ref got it wrong, but in that instance I think he asked Vicente if he wanted to take a quick one and thought he said he did so got out of he way, when he didn't he went back (pointing at his ears to show the confusion) and told vicente to wait for the whistle before pacing out the 10 yards.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I think that it was the loudest I have appealed for a penalty this season when in the first half CMS(?) was brought down. I assume people had a better view than me ( WSU north-stand end), was it a clear pen?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think that it was the loudest I have appealed for a penalty this season when in the first half CMS(?) was brought down. I assume people had a better view than me ( WSU north-stand end), was it a clear pen?

south end of east...had me out of my chair....seen them given...and not

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
2 incidents on Ashley Barnes, the 2nd of which let to the penalty. In my view the second was no worse than the first, but clearly influenced by the crowd, penalty gives because the first one was not

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
We are developing a reputation with referees for diving and going down easily. Barnes collapsed at the slightest touch a few times as did Vicente. Less said about El-abd's theatrics at the end the better. Embarrassing.

Ref's always have to think twice before giving us free kicks now which in turn leads us to getting wound up and going down even more easily in order to try and win one. Just wish they'd man up a bit and stand up to some challenges

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
The ref was 'King useless and should be added to 'The Worst Ref' thread - totally inept display in which he allowed Harte to have 5 fouls on Buckley before booking him and was very 'pally' with Hunt when he was subbed, shaking his hand as he dawdled off the pitch ... and I could go on (but won't) !

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We are developing a reputation with referees for diving and going down easily. Barnes collapsed at the slightest touch a few times as did Vicente. Less said about El-abd's theatrics at the end the better. Embarrassing.

Ref's always have to think twice before giving us free kicks now which in turn leads us to getting wound up and going down even more easily in order to try and win one. Just wish they'd man up a bit and stand up to some challenges

must hav taken lessons from roberts then ..the biggest wuss of all

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
The ref was 'King useless and should be added to 'The Worst Ref' thread - totally inept display in which he allowed Harte to have 5 fouls on Buckley before booking him and was very 'pally' with Hunt when he was subbed, shaking his hand as he dawdled off the pitch ... and I could go on (but won't) !

Hunt offered his hand to the referee to shake, which he accepted but with his other hand was pushing Hunt off the pitch as he was taking so long! Possibly should have booked him but not really anything worth complaining about there I don't think.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

about right

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The Ref's performance in the first half was an absolute joke. He got better in the second half but that's not saying much.
Agree with a couple of others though about some of our players not helping themselves. I felt genuinely embarrassed on a couple of occasions in the second half where Barnes just fell to the floor.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Awful.

Really want to see the CMS incident that I thought was a nailed on penno in the first half as from where I was sitting it was a sending off and a penalty.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
We've had some right wankers this season and they moan about the prem refs!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here