Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ref for saturday

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Well bumped. He didn't have the best of games, but we can't go on blaming decisions for our failure to win matches each time.

No we can't, but for me this is not about blaming the "referee". This is about highlighting what an utterly horrendous, totally incompetent, clueless and (I can only assume) completely blind "referee". I mean, ref's make mistakes, I get that. What I don't get is how a "referee" like D'Urso keeps getting games. He makes mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake, game after game.

I have NEVER seen a "referee" who is so consistently awful. To be clear, this isn't a Brighton bias thing, I've watched him be a freaking appalling excuse for an official in lots and lots of games. He should be retired by the FA before he drags down the game even further.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
No we can't, but for me this is not about blaming the "referee". This is about highlighting what an utterly horrendous, totally incompetent, clueless and (I can only assume) completely blind "referee". I mean, ref's make mistakes, I get that. What I don't get is how a "referee" like D'Urso keeps getting games. He makes mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake, game after game.

I have NEVER seen a "referee" who is so consistently awful. To be clear, this isn't a Brighton bias thing, I've watched him be a freaking appalling excuse for an official in lots and lots of games. He should be retired by the FA before he drags down the game even further.

I couldn't agree more. It was a horrendous decision not to give us a penalty but these things happen. However, D'Urso is, and always has been, so utterly cretinously useless that he defies belief. He managed to book 8, yes that's EIGHT players today when there was barely a dirty challenge in the game. He managed to give two incorrect corners, one to each team within around 2 minutes of each other in the second half, he was utterly inconsistent and did nothing about time wasting (which every team does) other than wave his arms around every now and again. Certainly not biased, just f***ing awful - as he always is.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
and play 5 minutes of added time, when there was hardly a physio on the pitch any time in game?

The 5 minutes was probably for all the times the excuse for a referee insisted on holding up play for a pointless chat with a player, award yet another freekick, or to whip out his book again............... and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again (I think that makes the full EIGHT!)

Btw, I don't think he played the full 5 minutes of added on time anyway.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Just seen the handball on the telly. How could he possibly not see it? Surely the FA officials have to look at that.

D

Deleted member 18477

Andy D'urso should be sacked! If he retires and is not sacked he'll actually think he's had a successful career, the deluded incompetent cock he is after all!

This says it all... The Football Association suspended D'Urso for 28 days from 27 August 2004 when he failed to send off Blackburn Rovers captain Barry Ferguson after showing him two yellow cards. D'Urso vowed to carry on with his refereeing career.

Sack D'urso! Sack him now! The worst referee I've ever seen!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
il get abused for this but anyway, i dont hink he had a bad game

My goodness, did you go? Had a shocker, booked 8 players and there was barely a hard tackle. Missed clear penalty and seemed to fall for some dodgy dives by both sides.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As others have said, he's not the reason we lost but he is a truly appalling referee. He's probably the biggest example of a ref who wants to be the centre of attention all the time. I'm convinced he gets off on the home crowd abusing him. Anyway, he's 50 in November so surely it can't be too long before the Football League bin him off?

Spot on.

briref

Aug 12, 2008
yes i did go. and watched it as a referee not spectator
handball id have to see again.
I thought it was a very hard game to referee, its not like he had 22 men who wanted to get the ball on the floor and play free flowing football.
From 30 seconds Cloughie was on his back, every decision was contested by the players, players diving, time wasting, etc
If a top referee was out there yesterday wed be having the same discussion

I think best quote of the day was "oh, Davids decided hes taking the corner from the over side"
believe it or not he has no ****ing choice

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I liked it when Ulloa got into a kerfuffle with one of their defenders who did/said something to him when he was on the floor - lino sees it, talks to D'Urso who promptly calls over Ulloa... and Will Hughes, who was nowhere near and looks nothing like the guilty party. Even Ulloa felt the need to point out his error, before the Amex was rocking with "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!"

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
yes i did go. and watched it as a referee not spectator
handball id have to see again.
I thought it was a very hard game to referee, its not like he had 22 men who wanted to get the ball on the floor and play free flowing football.
From 30 seconds Cloughie was on his back, every decision was contested by the players, players diving, time wasting, etc
If a top referee was out there yesterday wed be having the same discussion

I think best quote of the day was "oh, Davids decided hes taking the corner from the over side"
believe it or not he has no ****ing choice

What I saw quite often was a Brighton player in possession being fouled but the ref playing on to the point when the Derby player continued to foul and win the ball back. Brighton player then tries to win ball back = whistle, foul.

This happened so many times.

For me every 50/50 decision and quite a few 60/40 in our favour went to Derby.

I just think he's a ref who struggles to remain objective. If you get on his back everything starts going against you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here