• Yes, but it's Palace so no

Votes: 13 38.2%

• Total voters

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I dunno, I think Ake is covering back and would get across, no studs.

It's a bit like the non Liverpool red at the Amex, going away from goal, Ake possibly covering

But it is out side area, so no double jeopardy rule.

As a side, that Rory is a complete melt, I'd side against anything he thinks.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Of course there's no bias in refereeing decisions. And at least we can count on var to let the ref know if he messed up.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's a generous reading, but... genuine attempt for the ball, Palace player didn't have the ball close to his feet so has to take a couple of steps before he touches it, and the touch pushes it wide away from goal. Without the foul he has to take a couple more steps before he can collect the ball allowing the defenders that are following in to possibly get a block in.

If a red is given, there's no injustice. I'm not saying I wouldn't give a red, or anyone who would give a red is wrong. I'm just saying I can see why it wasn't given.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
That’s a blatant red :lol:

Defender was wrong side, without the foul he’d have had an open goal with the defender unable to block line of sight to the goal. Clear “DOGSO” for me, Clive.

But on the other hand :lol:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Doesn't look like Ederson made contact, the Palace player has just dived over him? If he has made contact then yeah, but doesn't look like he did from that angle.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I dunno, I think Ake is covering back and would get across, no studs.

It's a bit like the non Liverpool red at the Amex, going away from goal, Ake possibly covering

But it is out side area, so no double jeopardy rule.

As a side, that Rory is a complete melt, I'd side against anything he thinks.

No way Ake is getting in front of him if the keeper didn't take him out. He has enough momentum to take another few steps and still be in front of Ake.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
No way Ake is getting in front of him if the keeper didn't take him out. He has enough momentum to take another few steps and still be in front of Ake.

He's wider than that photo/clip show and I think Ake looks closer.

I don't think it's a massive error if it's a red or a yellow.

It's a tough one.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nailed on red.

Who Cares Fran Healy GIF by Travis

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Definite red. Regardless of the DOGSO, in my opinion a “lunge” with “excessive force” which is a red according to the laws.

“Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.”

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
there's some sort of rule, not sure if official or "guidance", that you dont red card a goalie for professional foul. or maybe thats for when its a penalty. or maybe its just shit, bias reffering.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
there's some sort of rule, not sure if official or "guidance", that you dont red card a goalie for professional foul. or maybe thats for when its a penalty. or maybe its just shit, bias reffering.
There is the double jeopardy rule, that if any player gives away a penalty and is the last man they won't get sent off providing they made a clear attempt to play the ball. That doesn't apply outside the area though.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Not for me. The palace lad has knocked it quite wide. There's a covering defender. Rent-a-gob ex ref dermot gallacher thought it was yellow too for what it's worth. Oh well, let's move on eh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here