Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Red Card

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
When I watched the highlights this morning, my first thought was to wonder if Jahanbakhsh had gone down like a sack of **** whether it would then have been a red card.

Last edited:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Indeed. I'm pretty annoyed with AJ's honesty. Got to play the game!

In fact, while I'm here.... GM was too slow to react for his big chance. 1/2 sec quicker and it's a goal (or pen).

And... why did Dunk let the ball past for the goal?

Grumble grumble.

Looking at that goal again, I was surprised at LD - I had the impression, that he had not see the Man City player behind him as I think he could have cleared the admittedly very good cross with his left foot. His reaction after the goal seemed to indicate that he held himself responsible. But I am not going to moan -we have him to thank for so much this season, and whilst Knocky gave everything for the cause, I would have chosen Dunky as MoM.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Looking at that goal again, I was surprised at LD - I had the impression, that he had not see the Man City player behind him as I think he could have cleared the admittedly very good cross with his left foot. His reaction after the goal seemed to indicate that he held himself responsible. But I am not going to moan -we have him to thank for so much this season, and whilst Knocky gave everything for the cause, I would have chosen Dunky as MoM.

It was Duffy marking Jesus.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They made a big thing about the fact that the big screens were going to show what the ref sees but it didnt happen just a message showing the red card was being reviewed. They same has just happened with the 2nd Wolves goal and the VAR check.

Jul 7, 2003
It was Duffy marking Jesus.

...and if he had tried to cut the cross out he probably would have put it past Ryan anyway. Sometimes you just have to accept that it was a great ball in.

They made a big thing about the fact that the big screens were going to show what the ref sees but it didnt happen just a message showing the red card was being reviewed. They same has just happened with the 2nd Wolves goal and the VAR check.

The programme yesterday clearly states that "A video clip will only be shown if the original decision is overturned". The original decision was confirmed so no video was shown. Shame that they didn't make that more clear before the game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

The programme yesterday clearly states that "A video clip will only be shown if the original decision is overturned". The original decision was confirmed so no video was shown. Shame that they didn't make that more clear before the game.

Thanks for that I didnt realise that as I didnt watch TV yesterday at all until getting home

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
5Live have just condemned VAR after the second Wolves goal, and how they looked for handball when it was offside and got it wrong. Suggest 606 should be good tonight, do we have a sensible person (CH maybe) to call in?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
5Live have just condemned VAR after the second Wolves goal, and how they looked for handball when it was offside and got it wrong. Suggest 606 should be good tonight, do we have a sensible person (CH maybe) to call in?

They’re wrong though. It wasn’t offside. I presume that in reality they checked both.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

It was a great goal, played onside by defenders left toe, but definitely on side. Fantastic chest down and volley.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
For some reason though, those idiots in charge of the game in Europe have decided that those kind of penalities are warranted. How can Rose possibly get his arm out of the way, as by virtue of nature, it happens to be attached to his body.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
To NOT video check Salah’s disgusting studs-up challenge in the Liverpool game, is an absolute scandal. Seriously, what is the ****ing point, if every single call is just going to automatically go to the ‘bigger’ club in any given incident?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
To NOT video check Salah’s disgusting studs-up challenge in the Liverpool game, is an absolute scandal. Seriously, what is the ****ing point, if every single call is just going to automatically go to the ‘bigger’ club in any given incident?

Just seen Fernandinho's elbow on Kane - its a red as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here