Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Red Arrow plane crash

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Looks like the pilot may have blacked out or major mechanical failure-did not see the ejector seat deployed?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Thanks for that, I guess we can forget a full enquiry now.

Not at all,mere speculation from GWF,based upon relatively poor video,taken at distance and proving to be inconclusive-as you were.

D

Deleted User X18H

One crashed in front of my very eyes 17th May 1980 on Brighton seafront just east of the Palace Pier.

beattie143

Feb 3, 2007
Very sad news im an airshow regular and have seen the reds about 10 times this year. No better display team in the world, i know its nasty but the man died doing what he loved for the pleasure of the general public. Jon 'Eggman' Egging RIP to you and my glass will be raised to you tonight. Blue skies brother

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
Heard about this on the way home today, only just found out the poor man passed away. RIP. I've always liked the Reds, they really are an amazing display team. I go to Eastbourne airbourne every year to see them and they never fail to amaze me!

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
No, Shoreham, I saw them..two acrobatics not full line up..the headliners always do both shows on same day, maximising exposure

oh ok i thought they might be there tomorrow do full lineup at Bournemouth then go to Shoreham tomorrow

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Rip Jon, true hero, flew the aircraft away from a village.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I was sat on the beach, by the Bedford Street stairs when it happened....saw the pilot's parachute and the plane crash. As you said it seemed to go right over the Palace Pier....so lucky.

I was in same area...what was weird was it set off the planes coloured smoke etc when it clipped the boat...I thought that was part of the show....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here