Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Red ants

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Before boiling them alive or unleashing a mass chemical warfare program; have you tried talking to them?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Before boiling them alive or unleashing a mass chemical warfare program; have you tried talking to them?

I hadn't considered that. No. But you are right. We should always try to solve problems through negotiation, we should never leap straight in to the violent option.

I'm off out to have a word with them.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I hadn't considered that. No. But you are right. We should always try to solve problems through negotiation, we should never leap straight in to the violent option.

I'm off out to have a word with them.

How did the negotiations go? were they happy to discuss the situation or were they ANTi about discussing it? did they see red?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
How did the negotiations go? were they happy to discuss the situation or were they ANTi about discussing it? did they see red?

They were less than helpful, and would not even stop what they were doing for ONE SECOND to listen to my proposals.

It's war.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Do you live in a forest or something? I never seen any red ants in urban areas where I am.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They were less than helpful, and would not even stop what they were doing for ONE SECOND to listen to my proposals.

It's war.
War! Good god. What is it good for?

My heart wouldn't be in it if I tried converting them to capitalism, as I am left leaning myself.
Try leaving them alone. If they're using a large part of the garden or house and you don't want to share the space, try using a different area for you and your family. You have no more right to be there than they do, all property is theft.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Try leaving them alone. If they're using a large part of the garden or house and you don't want to share the space, try using a different area for you and your family. You have no more right to be there than they do, all property is theft.

Harrumph.

They can eat my shorts. Or they seem to think they can.

Seriously, though, they seem to have invaded every part of the lawn, and it's not an enormous lawn. In this weather, it would be nice to lie outside on the grass. Normally I would sympathise with what you say, but I am sick of getting bitten.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005

It's war.

Well you clearly did your best to settle it in a peacefull manner! I think it's time to blow them up with dynamite then burn them with a flame thrower then to ensure they are all dead lay down large amounts of Ant Killer.......arm yourself with a rapid fire machine gun, make sure you have plenty of ammo, a few hand grenades as back up! they have had there chance of a peacefull settlement..........DO THE LITTLE VERMIN!!!!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Do you live in a forest or something? I never seen any red ants in urban areas where I am.

No.

I live in Ovingdean, about two miles East of the Marina.

So, hardly Hicksville, but not particularly urban, either.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Well you clearly did your best to settle it in a peacefull manner! I think it's time to blow them up with dynamite then burn them with a flame thrower then to ensure they are all dead lay down large amounts of Ant Killer.......arm yourself with a rapid fire machine gun, make sure you have plenty of ammo, a few hand grenades as back up! they have had there chance of a peacefull settlement..........DO THE LITTLE VERMIN!!!!

I feel that Triggaaar may want to have a word with you...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh god no, I'm with Hi Tony :safeway: but then I'm a right wing fascist. I was merely trying to put myself in your position, and given that you're a left wing loonie, I think you need to move to a cooler climate and leave the ants be.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005

Yes, I have seen his post above, the thing is, it is YOUR space, are the Red Ants paying their share of the mortgage / rent? I doubt it, now it is possible they have squatters rights? they have no right to be on your property, if you go on the Crystal Palace site (BBS) they have a vast amount of Squatters who will be able to advise you on the rights squatters have...............personally though I would go with my suggestion above.....KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL etc etc...........get some cocaine and spread that around the garden......spaced out red ants!!! would be funny to watch if nothing else! :lol:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Oh god no, I'm with Hi Tony :safeway: but then I'm a right wing fascist. I was merely trying to put myself in your position, and given that you're a left wing loonie, I think you need to move to a cooler climate and leave the ants be.

:lolol:

Left wing loonie :lolol:

Yes, you're right. I will move to Middlesbrough.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yes, I have seen his post above, the thing is, it is YOUR space, are the Red Ants paying their share of the mortgage / rent? I doubt it, now it is possible they have squatters rights? they have no right to be on your property, if you go on the Crystal Palace site (BBS) they have a vast amount of Squatters who will be able to advise you on the rights squatters have...............personally though I would go with my suggestion above.....KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL etc etc...........get some cocaine and spread that around the garden......spaced out red ants!!! would be funny to watch if nothing else! :lol:

Spread cocaine around the garden!? Give it to the ants!? Are you mad!?

It's war I've declared, I'm not offering charity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here