Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Recruitment

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Our recruitment since Ashworth/Potter et al have both been at the club has been fantastic. Lots of highly talented youngsters littered throughout the squad and a handful of first teamers full of experience to help the transition period. We now have a large collection of ball playing centre backs and competitive central midfielders suggesting we are building in the right way

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm sure there was a game last season where the back 5 were Sanchez, March, Dunk, White, Veltman. £900k for a Premier League back 5 is some going.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Very few flops in recent years compared to most clubs out there.

Pretty sure Jakub Moder was quite a bit more expensive than that though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Me too, one of my favourite players.

Still got his signed shirt on my office wall :D

1713C8FD-8B3A-4CB8-810E-2BAC87D59535.jpeg

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
All EPL clubs sign expensive duds (perhaps Burnley aside as Stephens was pretty cheap!).

Just be thankful that we are 6 places above the basket case club who signed this £150m+ list of flops:

Cenk Tosun - £27m
Morgan Schneiderlin - £24m
Davy Klaassen - £23m
Yannick Bolasie - £25m
Theo Walcott - £20m
Gylfi Sigurdsson - £45m
Moises Keane - £24m

I wonder how much James Rodrigiuez cost them in signing on fee and wages for his year of service

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All EPL clubs sign expensive duds (perhaps Burnley aside as Stephens was pretty cheap!).

Just be thankful that we are 6 places above the basket case club who signed this £150m+ list of flops:

Cenk Tosun - £27m
Morgan Schneiderlin - £24m
Davy Klaassen - £23m
Yannick Bolasie - £25m
Theo Walcott - £20m
Gylfi Sigurdsson - £45m
Moises Keane - £24m

They’ve spent £585m in fees alone in the Moshiri era ….. and have regressed.

Also derided by supporters as shite:
Iwobi £28m
Gbamin £25m
Delph £10m
Vlasic £10m
Ashley Williams £12m
Niasse £13.5m

A conveyor belt of managers and Directors of Football playing monopoly with owners money.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Topping the lot, the world’s most expensive goalie.

Kepa - fee £72m, £150pw in wages on a 6 year contract. With national insurance, costing £125m, unless they manage to get rid.

I'll raise you, £97m for a forward not the happiest bunny at present and only in first season at the club

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Who NSC have sided against.

I’ll raise you £142m Coutinho.

Testing your knowledge, there’s a CB who cost £5m more than VVD’s £75m, who gets derided by his club’s fans?

Maguire ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I am still not quite sure if Trossard has been quite at the level of 'bargain' yet.

14 goals and 9 assists in 2 and a half seasons. It's good but is it a bargain? Maybe?

Edit: just a random thought. Still good business for one of our better players anyway

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

It is a random thought. That's a very good return particularly as most on here are convinced that 'he's not a striker'. He's also PotS so far this year. I suspect we'll lose him for round about the same fee this summer (and this is because he'll only have one year on his contract); if we don't and he leaves on a free in summer 2023, the cost of replacing him will make you reflect even more deeply on your random thought.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
BFG bloody loves us judging by his social media, he's often sharing stuff from the club when we've won. Once a Seagull.

Gross certainly belongs on the bargain list.

BFG is often overlooked in the job he did during the promotion run-in.
Came in to replace (Duffy?) for the final 9 or 10 games and was pretty much faultless.

He's a German, a mighty German!
He's Uwe Hunemeier!

Legend.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
It is a random thought. That's a very good return particularly as most on here are convinced that 'he's not a striker'. He's also PotS so far this year. I suspect we'll lose him for round about the same fee this summer (and this is because he'll only have one year on his contract); if we don't and he leaves on a free in summer 2023, the cost of replacing him will make you reflect even more deeply on your random thought.

I am not sure he's PotS so far, he's not mine.

Hopefully we have a replacement already in Sarmiento or the kid at Blackburn

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
why the hell wasn't our recruitment team looking at Weghorst in Jan. He's better than any of our striking options. Knew when he signed for them he would score against us. Got a great rep in Europe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here