Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recruitment Agencies back to being Lepers again...

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I've been putting my CV about a bit recently in order to find a new job. This has involved numerous agencies getting in touch. To be honest I've been reasonably impressed and have even had a few interviews through them. However, all that changed the other day when I got a call from my CEO asking me about why he had just received my CV with notice period, current and desired new salary.

Just how incompetant does a person have to be to send your CV to your own boss!!

:eek:

I'd like to name and shame but I have a second stage interview through them this week ;)

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Frank...where are you?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Uncle Buck said:
That is a good point, where is he?

I dread to think. Must call my mum quickly.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Same thing happened at my Old Job.

The MD got a call from a recruitment company asking him if he had a vacancy for a sales rep in the North because they had a candidate who was ideal should one exist...you guessed it, the "perfect" candidate was our current Rep in the North.

Cocknockers!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
i got a job through an agency and the agency kept sending them my CV even thought they'd already given me the job and earnt their commission off me getting the job - idiots

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Lammy said:
I've been putting my CV about a bit recently in order to find a new job. This has involved numerous agencies getting in touch. To be honest I've been reasonably impressed and have even had a few interviews through them. However, all that changed the other day when I got a call from my CEO asking me about why he had just received my CV with notice period, current and desired new salary.

Just how incompetant does a person have to be to send your CV to your own boss!!

:eek:

I'd like to name and shame but I have a second stage interview through them this week ;)

That is shocking! Their really are some shit recruitment consultants out there.

I had a similar thing happen to me a few years back, but with a twist.

I was talking to my boss while he was opening his post. He suddenly went a bit quiet and asked why he had received a reference request for me. It turned out that a company I had applied to had decided to take up references on me prior to even speaking to me and had taken it upon themselves to contact my boss!

I always put "References available on request" and tell my candidates to do the same, just in case. However, I got a pay rise and a company car out of it. Perhaps the same will happen to you Lammy.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've had cv's of people who work for me sent to me. It can happen if you are in group of companies and people manage across the individual companies.

Still doesn't stop agencies being :censored: :censored: :censored: :angry: :angry: ;)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here