Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Records that you loved but can't bear to hear anymore

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Can I also add - should I stay or should I go - The Clash

When that came out, all the cool punks I knew immediately said it was a sell out. I always thought the other side was better anyway.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Coldplay - Viva La Vida
Elbow - Grounds for Divorce
Gotye - Somebody that I used to know
Kings of Leon - Sex on fire
Paloma Faith - New York
PSY - Gangnam Style

to name a few...

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Anything played on Heart as a rule. "Empire State Of Mind" by Alicia Keys and "California Gurls" by Katy Perry would cause to me to run screaming from the room if it were not for the case that Heart only ever features on the car radio when the Young Pottings are on board.

Do I detect a touch of Radio snobbery Trev?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Now this is a good thread !!

I love the Specials with all my heart and soul but I find it hard to listen to,
Too Much, Too Young anymore ! No idea Why !!!!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Do I detect a touch of Radio snobbery Trev?

If I can be presumptuous - I'll say a firm NO, not snobbery. By way of example I'll add Fugees - Killing Me Softly and because of that radio station or rather it's previous incarnation as Southern FM/Southern Sound. When that record came out I had a bit of a free summer so volunteered at a day centre for young adults with learning difficulties. One of the teenage girls there got a bit of an obsession with having the radio on and it was always that radio station and they played that song to death to the point that I now hate it. Really hate it. It must have been every hour during the daytime.

My brother got me onto them when they were the Tranzlator Crew and I thought they were the bees knees. Sort of Queen Latifah meets MC Solaar meets Soul to Soul and when the Score came out I was in heaven. THAT radio station killed that feeling. I hate that radio station.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Happy birthday to you.
Used to love having it sung to me, but after 53 of the *******s I can't stand it

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Glad all over

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Black Star by Radiohead. Still a great song but breaks my heart for personal reasons.

Incredible song, that. For the same reason, i vote 'Wonderful Land' by The Shadows.

Also:

Biffy Clyro - Mountains (i adore the band, but if i have to listen to another 15yr old proclaim that it's the best they've ever done i'm going to torch them)
ELO - Mr Blue Sky (used to be my favourite song of all time, but ends up being v overplayed now)
Iron & Wine - Flightless Bird, American Mouth (a lovely song, but then it was used in Twilight...)
Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall Pt.2 (My favourite band of all time, but i nearly always skip that song)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Walking On Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves
Echo Beach - Martha and the Muffins
Come up and see me - Steve Harley and the Cockney Rebels
All the Young Dudes - Mott the Hoople
Maggie May - Rod Stewart
Billie Jean - Michael Jackson

D

Deleted member 18477

Dancing in the Moonlight - Top loader
Rocks - Primal Scream

Dancing in the moooonlight, everybody's feeling warm and bright, it's such a fine and natural sight, everybody's dancing in the moooonlight!

Great tune... Still.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
James Blunt - Your Beautiful - loved it and played it on loop. Now it appears it is a song from Satan himself. Still think it is a great song but it appears it is now consigned to the gates of hell.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen

Soft Cell - Tainted Love

Spandau Ballet - Gold

Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Gnarls Barclay - Crazy
Stranglers - Golden Brown
White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
Ultravox - Vienna

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
I love a lot of Jethro Tull, but Aqualung was overplayed, especially the title track.

Also CHRISTMAS songs doo my 'ead in!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here