Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recorded Delivery........Stolen post....

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
I had someone send some cash via recorded delivery last Friday. The postman/thief dropped a note through my door saying letter back at depot because I was out.

So I go to the depot and the postie/thief who was only covering for one day, suprise, suprise said the package was back to the depot.

After several phone calls and visits to the sorting office my packet with my money in it is still missing and Im getting no f***ing where:tantrum:

Anyone got any ideas or had similar problems.......Cos Im seriously f***ed off, the money would have paid for my trip to Villa, but due to the lost letter I cant afford to go:rant::rant:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Sold it already, cheers for the sympathy though:US:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Jesus, some posties are *****!

I have nothing to offer but genuine sympathy... Sorry!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
recorded delivery items are not really any gaurentee that your goods inside will arrive at any specific time or even the goods inside are insured against loss, i think you have to send mail by registered delivery to get the benefits of date time of delivery and insurance against loss (theft)? not that this helps now like but thats how i think the mail system works. its a bit premature to blame the guy who posted the card,there are many more parts of the system that letter would have to go through before it gets to the collection office,and frankly if it was the postie who stole it i dont imagine him leaving a collection card for the item imo

Last edited:

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
registered and recorded are the same thing aren't they?

Special delivery (silver) is the insured one.

Saying that, sure the Courier company, or in this case the post office, are responsible for the goods until they are delivered to the addressee. That's why it has to be signed for.

Problem would be proving the contents.

That said, doubt a postie would nick it, even if he was covering for a day.

Last edited:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
16th - 22nd............It has not turned up. I have a feeling it's been nicked, the name on the red slip was a scribble. It makes me think the name may have been changed to make it diff' for me to collect. I think it nis insured up to 500.00 or so, but it is the total lack of getting hold of ANYONE to take control of the matter and deal with it.

I am seriously f***ed off....:US:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
If I was sending cash to someone, I'd send it in a plain, handwritten envelope. Soon as you put Recorded/Special Delivery on it, a big imaginary sign saying, 'Valuables Enclosed' lights up!

If you were going to pilfer mail, what would you target?

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
If I was sending cash to someone, I'd send it in a plain, handwritten envelope. Soon as you put Recorded/Special Delivery on it, a big imaginary sign saying, 'Valuables Enclosed' lights up!

going to send some skid-marked pants and ensure them for 500 quid then. Should see me through till payday.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
16th - 22nd............It has not turned up. I have a feeling it's been nicked, the name on the red slip was a scribble. It makes me think the name may have been changed to make it diff' for me to collect. I think it nis insured up to 500.00 or so, but it is the total lack of getting hold of ANYONE to take control of the matter and deal with it.

I am seriously f***ed off....:US:

say it was 500 and put a claim in, borrow from a mate and tell me you'll double it as interest and pay from the claim.

unless it was more than 500 quid, in which case, no wonder it was half inched, easy to spot a wad of cash like that.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove

Thats why you insure it...............???

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
say it was 500 and put a claim in, borrow from a mate and tell me you'll double it as interest and pay from the claim.

unless it was more than 500 quid, in which case, no wonder it was half inched, easy to spot a wad of cash like that.

Wonder why insurance is so high, any ideas???

It was not me who sent it, it was a fella who owed me, so you want me to ask him to partake in fraud for the sake of a couple of hundred quid?:facepalm:

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
That said, doubt a postie would nick it, even if he was covering for a day.

You think so.........................

Police investigate 'postal vote theft on massive scale' - Times Online [/QUOTE]

I work in Credit card Fraud mate, that's the norm for East London. Brighton is very rare that I see.

I used to share a flat with a postie, he was not delivering letter through laziness, and was proper bricking it he would get caught. Serious time for them.

Still, Christmas might have come late for them.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
It was not me who sent it, it was a fella who owed me, so you want me to ask him to partake in fraud for the sake of a couple of hundred quid?:facepalm:

sorted then, if he owed you money it's not returned until it's in your hand. His problem innit. Might not have even been the full amount.

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
oh postie nick anything these days
PostmanPatRA_450x538.jpg

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
The insurance on Recorded Delivery is £34

The insurance on ordinary First Class mail is £34

The only difference is RD requires a signature

(Special Delivery does offer compensation up to £500 for a sliding scale fee...)

If you really want to have some fun, look at the lost/damaged mail claim form on the Post Office website. Total fuc*ing nightmare and will make you lose the will to live in five seconds flat...

Crozier should stick to shagging FA secretaries and leave the Mail alone :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here