Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Record Amex attendance for Liverpool?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Brilliant.

Reminds me of when me and my mate Nils went up to the New Den and we sat in the family section (courtesy of a mate of his). We sat there tutting when the Albion did a nice thing, but it was a bit difficult when Forster scored the winner. I think we shook our heads sadly, while laughing inside.

It was quite an experience, though, sitting next to a big shaven headed lad with his little shaven headed son, with both of them screaming 'you caaaaants!' throughout the game. It gave me pause for thought when recollecting that my dad cut his teeth at he the football in the 30s as a Millwall fan :facepalm:

IIRC The old Den was first shut down due to football violence in the 1920s and 30s. I'm sure he wouldn't have been involved :wink:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Oh that makes it OK then, so no Brighton fan has ever sat in a home end for a Brighton away fixture. Christ grow up.
For the sake of disclosure the person I bought a ticket for supports Birmingham and is down for my son’s stag party. I hope the NSC forum police can give me a pass.

Your right. As I have many business contacts round the country most of my away trips have been in home end. Atmosphere not great but as long as I sit on hands when Brighton score no problem.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
I actually drove up to Anfield with 3 or 4 scousers from Eastbourne
I wanted to stand to stand on the Kop before it became an all seater
It was a European night too,the loudest I've ever heard at a football match

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Yep it’s one of those games where that particular ‘fan’ turns up.

That particular fan - One who has chosen their football team from a square piece of plastic in their living room rather than their local community.

Never mind rather the club had extra revenue from soulless glory hunters than empty seats.

Yep and I lay the blame for a lot of those fans on Archer. It’s a lost generation.
The great news is in about 10 years time the Amex won’t be big enough for us, go to any junior clubs in most of Sussex now and 50%+ of the youngsters are running about in Albion kit, that wasn’t the case 10 years ago.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Oh that makes it OK then, so no Brighton fan has ever sat in a home end for a Brighton away fixture. Christ grow up.
For the sake of disclosure the person I bought a ticket for supports Birmingham and is down for my son’s stag party. I hope the NSC forum police can give me a pass.

Wow!!
Hit a nerve with you, i didn’t actually ask you who the person you bought a ticket for did I?
I was just guessing (as mentioned) what Justice meant.

I don’t think I have to “grow up” to just watch an Albion home game with fellow BHA fans and not be surrounded by plastic Liverpool fans.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Wow!!
Hit a nerve with you, i didn’t actually ask you who the person you bought a ticket for did I?
I was just guessing (as mentioned) what Justice meant.

I don’t think I have to “grow up” to just watch an Albion home game with fellow BHA fans and not be surrounded by plastic Liverpool fans.

I don't know where you sit but no one I know has ever been surrounded by away fans.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I don't know where you sit but no one I know has ever been surrounded by away fans.

Surrounded is exaggerating TBF, but I’m in the North end of the WSU, there have definitely been away fans up there for games. I’ve seen some ejected because they couldn’t keep a lid on things.
Also there has been arguments with away fans and Albion fans that are regulars.

If an away fan sat, kept quiet and just watched the game i very much doubt anyone would notice, but I don’t want trouble or arguments when I’m trying to enjoy the match.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Where I am it's nearly all ST holders who now all know one another, with only a couple of Match by Match seats a couple along. At one of the Amex games against City, there were a couple of city fans in the seats who sat on their hands throughout. When City scored they gave a little smile to one another, which prompted an enormous bloke behind to lean forward and loudly announce 'Keep it down, Gentlemen'. They did and stayed :wink:

I think Man City is the only game I have seen some "trouble" in the WSU . It was the 1-4 win which gave them the title over Liverpool and they had a few fans in South End.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I actually drove up to Anfield with 3 or 4 scousers from Eastbourne
I wanted to stand to stand on the Kop before it became an all seater
It was a European night too,the loudest I've ever heard at a football match

I managed that in 1990 for a First Division game. Just turned up on the Saturday morning, queued for hours in Kemlyn Road, then joined 20,000 others. Incredible atmosphere.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I had a quick look out of interest to see what tickets were left, and saw that seats next to the dugouts were £155! Is that normal Cat A pricing? Almost sounds like a re-sale website price!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I had a quick look out of interest to see what tickets were left, and saw that seats next to the dugouts were £155! Is that normal Cat A pricing? Almost sounds like a re-sale website price!

Aren't those the special 1901 type seats?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Think you may find that those seats may be part of a hospitality package, pre match drinkies and snacks in "The Dugout" off the Lower West Stand concourse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here