Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Recommendations for a pre-match day-out in Croydon?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Oh woody, you are more than welcome if you are so easily pleased.

Do you have any idea what the general perception is of Brighton amongst the rest of the footballing world? Thought not

Yes, they think Potter is a very good English manager and we are a very good team. Very unlucky last year not to finish higher. Henry, was very complimentary of us last night. I would like to hear your take on it tho, evidence obviously, not made up facts.

For those that went last night, how did you enjoy your experience? looked like you enjoyed the last couple of minutes. Its good fun celebrating a win at your rivals ground isnt it? What? Oh, only a draw? Sorry guys

Pissed your fans off and the sight of Connelly flicking the v's, Dunk with his finger on his lips, and Maupay cupping his ear was tremendous. I'm sure you've seen the vid? If not i can post it for you?

MIND THE GAP.

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
So holding Zaha to ransom, because you want want you think he is worth, is not the same as Sainsbury's are doing to you? The irony.

Are they just supposed to bend over and give poor little palace what they want? Not a very good argument tbh.

Where is the money ring fenced btw? Like i said, you already have a stadium, you have had nearly a billion pounds and spent it on overage players on big contracts instead of putting lipstick on the pig.

We were homeless, and without the greatest owner in the world, we wouldn't be where we are today. I know it agitates you, and facts are not Palaces strongest point, but we had more restrictions in our way then a slither of land. And when we did get agreement, the prices rose considerably, nearly treble in price.

So suck it up buttercup and realise that Parish only has his best interest in his heart, not the fans. Tony, on the other hand, totally get us and is head and shoulders above Parish.

Depends how you measure Steve vs Bloom. Steve P has been a Palace fan his whole life and puts the interests of the club first in the same way that Bloom does. He just doesnt throw quite so much money at it in the form of an indefinite loan to build a shiny new plastic ground on the edge of town. Maybe if you hadnt given up on the Goldstone you wouldnt have been homeless

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Yes, they think Potter is a very good English manager and we are a very good team. Very unlucky last year not to finish higher. Henry, was very complimentary of us last night. I would like to hear your take on it tho, evidence obviously, not made up facts.

Pissed your fans off and the sight of Connelly flicking the v's, Dunk with his finger on his lips, and Maupay cupping his ear was tremendous. I'm sure you've seen the vid? If not i can post it for you?

MIND THE GAP.

Oh I have seen the vids along with the one of Wilf smiling at you lot after converting the penalty and also cupping his ears

I am not talking about the precious media who are part of the love-in, I am talking about the actual football fans of other clubs, who can see what an actual franchise club you lot really are

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Depends how you measure Steve vs Bloom. Steve P has been a Palace fan his whole life and puts the interests of the club first in the same way that Bloom does. He just doesnt throw quite so much money at it in the form of an indefinite loan to build a shiny new plastic ground on the edge of town. Maybe if you hadnt given up on the Goldstone you wouldnt have been homeless

Hurts, don't it sweetie. :clap2:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Stop mugging yourself off :dunce:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Oh I have seen the vids along with the one of Wilf smiling at you lot after converting the penalty and also cupping his ears

I am not talking about the precious media who are part of the love-in, I am talking about the actual football fans of other clubs, who can see what an actual franchise club you lot really are

Can you show me some evidence please Dan the man? Or you hurting so much still, you're just lashing out? :bhasign:

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Can you show me some evidence please Dan the man? Or you hurting so much still, you're just lashing out? :bhasign:

Hurting? What from? Holding a team trying to go top of the table to celebrating an undeserved last minute equaliser? Yeah really hurting. Same result as the last 2 seasons, lets hope same happens at the Amex and we win a 3rd in a row :)

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Sweetie? Are you for real? Doesnt hurt that we fought for our ground and didnt let it be turned into a retail park

Can you show me some evidence to back up your claim? Or are you re writing history again, you lot do this a lot. It does hurt don't it? Be honest. :amex:

Hurting? What from? Holding a team trying to go top of the table to celebrating an undeserved last minute equaliser? Yeah really hurting. Same result as the last 2 seasons, lets hope same happens at the Amex and we win a 3rd in a row :)

Undeserved? You mean like last season at the Amex? Have you seen the stats? Thought not. Keep crying in your juice sweetie. :dunce:

You are hurting. :whistle:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Maybe if you hadn't sold off half a stand to Sainsburys in the 80's, you could build a new stand today?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Sweetie? Are you for real? Doesnt hurt that we fought for our ground and didnt let it be turned into a retail park

It was a bit close though wasn't it, between Noades selling the club but keeping the stadium, Jordan claiming to have bought it when he hadn't, and the Tottenham guys company going bust allowing the CPFC2010 entity to get it from the liquidator, it was out of the clubs control because it was just a lease you had for a long while. You got lucky, well, lucky if you call ending up owning Selhurst Park a desirable outcome.

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Can you show me some evidence to back up your claim? Or are you re writing history again, you lot do this a lot. It does hurt don't it? Be honest. :amex:

Undeserved? You mean like last season at the Amex? Have you seen the stats? Thought not. Keep crying in your juice sweetie. :dunce:

You are hurting. :whistle:

So what this really means is that you are still hurting from the last minute winner last year, or maybe the year before, or maybe the play off semi, or maybe having us be the first team to beat you in the league at your shiny new plastic ground. Never mind one day maybe you will have something to celebrate :bowdown:

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015

Oh and takes a £2 million a year salary, now let me think who I would rather have, someone who puts over £300 million in, or someone who allegedly takes a salary, difficult that one I think…..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Oh and takes a £2 million a year salary, now let me think who I would rather have, someone who puts over £300 million in, or someone who allegedly takes a salary, difficult that one I think…..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Depends if you want to buy success or not

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here