Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reception for Wayne Bridge

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's always handy to say that you are interested in football when you are going for a footballing job. He would hardly say "Brighton made me hate the game and I'd rather be on the bench for £24k a week Mr Adkins."

You haven't read any of his interviews have you? Or asked West Ham fans what they thought of his attitude when he was on loan there the previous season?
As DavidinSouthampton rightly pointed out, he did say he had fallen out of love with the game, & Gus plus the Brighton team rekindled that. I was and still am proud of the fact that he has scored 50% of his career goals with us.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
You haven't read any of his interviews have you? Or asked West Ham fans what they thought of his attitude when he was on loan there the previous season?
As DavidinSouthampton rightly pointed out, he did say he had fallen out of love with the game, & Gus plus the Brighton team rekindled that. I was and still am proud of the fact that he has scored 50% of his career goals with us.

I'm only being flippant, and I haven't got a problem with him, but I have more respect for Upson.

By the way, correct me if I'm wrong, Bridge was a Burke signing?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm only being flippant, and I haven't got a problem with him, but I have more respect for Upson.

By the way, correct me if I'm wrong, Bridge was a Burke signing?

I would doubt that as Bridge & Poyet have the same agent. I don't know the facts but it seems more obvious.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Give him a rousing reception if he plays...he might find it hard to motivate himself against us. On the flip side, a hostile reception might spur him on. Show him some love I say...he may forget who he's playing for!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I would doubt that as Bridge & Poyet have the same agent. I don't know the facts but it seems more obvious.

Didn't know Poyet and Bridge had the same agent, I guess that explains why he came out in his defence and said he got him to focus and enjoy his football, and that Gus is a top-class manager both tactically and on the man-management side, one of the best I have worked with."

I feel even more cynical about his statement now. Thanks :lolol:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'd hope that he gets a good reception, should he play.

I can still see that lung-busting run to get on the end of Greer's 50yd pass, then set up Orlandi's goal v Newcastle. Quality oozed out of him.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bound to be a chant of "You should have stayed at a BIG club" on Sunday :lolol:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Didn't know Poyet and Bridge had the same agent, I guess that explains why he came out in his defence and said he got him to focus and enjoy his football, and that Gus is a top-class manager both tactically and on the man-management side, one of the best I have worked with."

I feel even more cynical about his statement now. Thanks :lolol:

Gus Poyet's agent is Athole Still and Wayne Bridge's is Stellar Football Ltd - but don't let facts spoil a good conspiracy theory :wink:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I'll cheer him for tactical reasons - he hasn't started well at reading, and so may want to come back here on loan !

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
My main memory will be him reaching a cross field ball at full stretch just crossing it in before it went out of play. And still delivering the perfect ball for Orlandi to control then poke home against Newcastle.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
What kind of reception will our fans give Wayne Bridge on Sunday, personally think it should be a good one.

Why would you not give Wayne Bridge anything but a good reception. Was class for us last season and a total pleasure to watch him. He is on £25k per week at Reading. That's why he didn't stay

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I will politely applaud him from the comfort of the virgin lounge tomorrow lunchtime. Great player and will be missed this year.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Why would you not give Wayne Bridge anything but a good reception. Was class for us last season and a total pleasure to watch him. He is on £25k per week at Reading. That's why he didn't stay

Money is not everything, and I am sure that Upson could have ended up at another club on £20k+ a week if it was.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Didnt go to Reading, been so many times to Reading over the years, but watched on Sky and there didnt seem to be any reception either way from either supporters for him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here