Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons Worthing is a great place to live

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Agreed. A beach house burger and beer from Goose or Libertine would be amazing

Worthing has definitely improved in the past 18 months ! Things have changed ! Have you been to the Rocking Horse ? Also has the Jack Horner now changed ? I've not been to either but have heard mixed reviews! Also heard Cow Shed is appalling

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Worthing has definitely improved in the past 18 months ! Things have changed ! Have you been to the Rocking Horse ? Also has the Jack Horner now changed ? I've not been to either but have heard mixed reviews! Also heard Cow Shed is appalling

Rocking Horse is OK, but cocktails not my thing, but popular with female friends judging by Facebook.

Jack Horner now the Cornerhouse, same owners as Beach House.

Agreed on Cow Shed. 1h40m wait for food between Xmas & New year, couldn't even get a starter of hummous and pitta bread out.. Came out with the burgers. My pulled pork burger was about £8.50 for a roll with loads of pretty bland pulled pork.

The chips and chilli were nice though but a lot better places for a burger

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly

The Jack horner is now the Corner House.. same owners as the Beach House. Decent beers decent food. Wheres the Cow shed?

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
Try to go to the Selden Arms near the hospital, a good array of 6-7 real ales, several craft ales and bottled Belgians. Another worth checking out is Brooksteed Alehouse near Worthing station, 4 rolling guest ales plus 2-3 rolling guest ciders and perry's plus bottled Belgians if you can't find anything you like.

The Selden Arms is a decent pub, some real good ales. I think it was in the Camra pub guide not so long ago as being the best in worthing or something like that.

Living just around the corner from the Brooksteed, one of lifes treats is popping into the italian deli for coffee..the Pantry for a huge sausage roll and cakes for the family, a 2 pint takeaway of whatevers on at brooksteed. Then if im not tired after all that lot..a short back and sides at fellas then a game at woodside road. I know, I certainly live the high life!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dont go to Worthing very often now since mum passed away but my favourite pub is the Hare and Hounds. Went in the Selden a couple of years ago visiting a relative in hospial and an old lady was sat at a table preparing her runner beans.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Dont go to Worthing very often now since mum passed away but my favourite pub is the Hare and Hounds. Went in the Selden a couple of years ago visiting a relative in hospial and an old lady was sat at a table preparing her runner beans.

That would be the owner, Michelle.

She's as mad as a box of frogs but still serves probably the best ale in Worthing.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Richard Reynolds does a quiz on a Wednesday night in the Hare and Hounds.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Selden Arms is a decent pub, some real good ales. I think it was in the Camra pub guide not so long ago as being the best in worthing or something like that.

Living just around the corner from the Brooksteed, one of lifes treats is popping into the italian deli for coffee..the Pantry for a huge sausage roll and cakes for the family, a 2 pint takeaway of whatevers on at brooksteed. Then if im not tired after all that lot..a short back and sides at fellas then a game at woodside road. I know, I certainly live the high life!

Indeed we are blessed !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
From where I live, in Findon, I love the trails and countryside on my doorstep - up and over to Cissbury and Chantonbury and then onto the South Downs Way. It's a great playground for mountain biking and more leisurely running and walking too.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
From where I live, in Findon, I love the trails and countryside on my doorstep - up and over to Cissbury and Chantonbury and then onto the South Downs Way. It's a great playground for mountain biking and more leisurely running and walking too.

I take it you have discovered The Tajdar Indian in Findon then too ?.... very nice.:thumbsup:

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly

Defo this, one day you can run the prom Goring to shoreham and back taking in the sea air.. Then the next a 13/14 mile trail loop from 5th avenue up to cissbury to chanctonbury then back down..spotting all kinds of wildlife and what nots on route. Great place for running

Last edited:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
That would be the owner, Michelle.

She's as mad as a box of frogs but still serves probably the best ale in Worthing.

I'd love to know how Michelle would react to being described as an old lady !!

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here