Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons to hate winter

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
In Norway they say that winter is the time for shagging. I agree with this. Also some good dark winter ale about. Football season in full swing. Cheer up.

thats because we've got about two weeks with daylight during the day left :p

Theres no such thing as shit weather, just shit clothing. There is no reason, for anyone in the uk, to complain of being cold. I will never understand why town center shops have heating on full and doors wide open?!

Stumpy Tim

January and February suck, but December is a tremendous month. Most people are in a good mood because of Christmas, there's lots of time off for the same reason, most cities have the lights up, there's always good theatre on... I love December.

Snow in May, like last year, is truly awful though

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
As BoF also said, I have a dislike of artificial heating. Apart from that I love winter though, especially as it has Christmas in it :thumbsup:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Football isn't better played in warm countries. I loved playing football on extremely muddy pitches as a child. Coming home covered head to toe in mud after playing football in the pouring rain was brilliant.

That's probably a big reason why the English aren't as technically gifted as other countries. You can't get the ball down and pass it about when its pouring with rain and the pitches are like ploughed fields.

I do agree though, the best games of Football are when you can make a slide tackle on the halfway line and end up in the box!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It depends on the weather. It's the rain and snow when it disrupts everything that gets me down.

BUT.

I really enjoy a walk out in the country on a bright, cold and frosty morning.
I have very fond memories of sunday teatimes when our children were smaller, gathered round the fire having crumpets and toast and watching whatever classic serial the BBC were doing at the time, or Supergran with the Scunner Campbell - wonderful stuff.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Don't mind winter as long as it doesn't go on too long like last year.
What I don't like is the fact that I seem to pick up a virus about this time of year ,which rather than K.o_One for a few days,seems to linger on and on and on and on.
Can continue to function but not fire on all cylinders.
Grrr!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Trains stop working

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
What I don't like is the fact that I seem to pick up a virus about this time of year ,which rather than K.o_One for a few days,seems to linger on and on and on and on.
Can continue to function but not fire on all cylinders.
Grrr!

Currently on day 3 of one of those :down:

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
thats because we've got about two weeks with daylight during the day left :p

Theres no such thing as shit weather, just shit clothing. There is no reason, for anyone in the uk, to complain of being cold. I will never understand why town center shops have heating on full and doors wide open?!

Have spent a few winters in Norway. Had two Norwegian girlfriends both named Tone, pronounced Tuna. They knew what winter was for.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
People who don't leave the house an extra 5 minutes early to de-ice their car, then do it but drive like idiots because they're late for work / school run.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The only thing I can think of that upsets me about winter is all the miserable old *******s who emerge round about the time the clocks go back to tell us how crap it all is.

I've got some news for you, chaps. It happens for several months of every year. It has done for your entire lives so far and will do for the rest of your existence and for thousands and thousands of years beyond that. It can't come as a surprise to you, nor give you no time to prepare.

Moan moan bloody moan. Have a hot chocolate and man the hell up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here