Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons to hate winter

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I don't like being cold, but I do like soup and stew.

Oh, and, only about 5% of the people who claim they've had flu, have actually had it. Flu is NOT a heavy cold, it's completely different. If you've had proper flu - you know it, even your eyeballs hurt. I've only had it once.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't like being cold, but I do like soup and stew.

Oh, and, only about 5% of the people who claim they've had flu, have actually had it. Flu is NOT a heavy cold, it's completely different. If you've had proper flu - you know it, even your eyeballs hurt. I've only had it once.

Me too. I lost about a stone in a week.

Best diet EVER :clap2:

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
This year winter starts at 12:11pm on 21st December. We are still in the Autumnul Equinox at the moment.

excuse my ignorance, but i thought that the "equinox" was just the turning point whenthe days start to get short than the nights (september)

The name "equinox" is derived from the Latin aequus (equal) and nox (night), because around the equinox, night and day are about equal length.

you are talking about the winter solstice dec 22 when the night is the longest, and the old pagen festivals that had yule logs, trees in houses, big feasts etc that the relgion zelots have integrated

"seasons" have shifted over the years, and Jan feb are the colder months and sept oct the warmer

still, all that aside "man-up" the winter is when you earn your long lazy summer evenings............

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Winter is the season of good will to all men. I love Winter and Winterval.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here