Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons Geelong is a great place to live.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
There's a nice quirky market in St Kilda on Sunday mornings. The Yarra Valley and Mornington Peninsular have some gorgeous vineyards too. Oh, and you might bump into one of these on a walk in the park........... image.jpg

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
There's a nice quirky market in St Kilda on Sunday mornings. The Yarra Valley and Mornington Peninsular have some gorgeous vineyards too. Oh, and you might bump into one of these on a walk in the park...........View attachment 66395

One day you will get 'portrait' mode on that device.......

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I started this thread as a bit of a joke but i think it has summed up Geelong perfectly

"Geelong is a great place to live because it is close to lots of great places" :)

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
I'm wondering if we know each other Badfish as I have a mate who emigrated to Oz and ended up in Geelong?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ahhh the good old days, not any more sadly it has been gentrified. It is all poncey coffee, boutique beers, yummy mummies and wannabe hipters.

Well parts of it anyway.

Has Geelong ever considered "twinning" with Hove ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In 2003 we saw one of the most incredible sunsets in Geelong I've seen in all my life. Stuck with me all these years later. The clouds were so pink and fluffy that I'm damned sure they inspired Orbital!

Geelong for sunsets - gets my vote!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It doesn't and it is....... Where are you thinking of?

Somewhere with a similar name just south of Adelaide. I passed through there once. Signs to Brighton and Seaford.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The bog dwelling ones are more around Sydney. Ours generally have the decency to stay outside.

Are the funnels still boycotting Victoria ?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Somewhere with a similar name just south of Adelaide. I passed through there once. Signs to Brighton and Seaford.

that's right,I remember pulling up at Brighton train station somewhere near Adelaide,abit surreal,I'm pretty sure the next station was Hove?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There's a nice quirky market in St Kilda on Sunday mornings. The Yarra Valley and Mornington Peninsular have some gorgeous vineyards too. Oh, and you might bump into one of these on a walk in the park...........View attachment 66395

One of those GM rats threatened to give me a thump in the Geelongs when I introduced myself in a Northern Territory backwater. I hope they're a lot friendlier in your area. They don't make for a very tasty pie either.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
that's right,I remember pulling up at Brighton train station somewhere near Adelaide,abit surreal,I'm pretty sure the next station was Hove?

You could be right. I'll take a look.

Edit: You're right. With Seaford a few stops on and Goodwood not far either.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here