Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

reason for Zidanes' headbutt...

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
"Zinedine Zidane butted Marco Materazzi in the World Cup final because the Italy player called him a "terrorist"

According to his cousin Rabah Zidane, Materazzi chose the insult due to the France skipper's Algerian family

Zidane told the Daily Mirror: "we have now heard through people that Zinedine said he was called a terrorist. My cousin is not a violent man, he is gentle but was provoked by a truly savage insult"

ITV teletext

Last edited:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
An Italian lip reader said on the BBC news last night that he wished "an ugly death on him and his whole family."

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
jonny.rainbow said:
An Italian lip reader said on the BBC news last night that he wished "an ugly death on him and his whole family."

thats what I heard as well, also his mum went into hospital Sunday morning in a very bad state as well.

Last edited:

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
jonny.rainbow said:

still shouldn't headbutt the guy.
always gonna be the case that players can't be reprimanded for saying whatever they want to say but by doing what zidane did, he's made himself look a fool.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
bathseagull said:
still shouldn't headbutt the guy.
always gonna be the case that players can't be reprimanded for saying whatever they want to say but by doing what zidane did, he's made himself look a fool.

If his mother's just been taking to hospital in a serious state we could probably surmise he's going to fairly emotional and perhaps not in the best mental state to make sensible decisions. IF all this is true then he can say he won the worlc cup fairly and honourably and Materazzi can't

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
If my mum had been rushed into hospital that morning and then some shit head said he hoped she died then I would do mor ethan just headbut the person.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
tinx said:
If my mum had been rushed into hospital that morning and then some shit head said he hoped she died then I would do mor ethan just headbut the person.

spot on ..

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
tinx said:

Hit the nail on the head, He would have been very lucky to still be walking.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
it doesn't suprise me the lenghts so people will go to win...

granted what he said was disgraceful but zidane would have known exactly what materazzi was trying to do and the best way to win one over on him would have been to stay on the pitch go on and win the world cup then say something to materazzi after....

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
apparently he said your only fit to swap shirts with Camoranesi. One insult too far me thinks.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
tinx said:
Doesn't work like that though when the red mist falls.

fair point...

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
The media seem to be desperately searching for a reason for this "unexpected" behaviour from Zidane, but for a man who's been sent off in his career more times than Vinnie Jones or Roy Keane, it was hardly out of character.

Whatever the provocation, all he did was finish by doing what he was always best at.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
ExmouthExile said:
"Zinedine Zidane butted Marco Materazzi in the World Cup final because the Italy player called him a "terrorist"

According to his cousin Rabah Zidane, Materazzi chose the insult due to the France skipper's Algerian family

Zidane told the Daily Mirror: "we have now heard through people that Zinedine said he was called a terrorist. My cousin is not a violent man, he is gentle but was provoked by a truly savage insult"

ITV teletext

Fixtures!!!

http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80077&perpage=20&pagenumber=2

The Wookiee said:
materazzi called him a terrorist, at which point zidane mistook that comment to be directed at his Algerian roots. So either Materazzi was spot on and zidane helps fill the warchest of the algerian peoples movement or he is affiliated to al qaida or summat.

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Corking head butt though - about time someone laid one on that idiot Materazzi!!

Not appropriate behaviour but can't blame him...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
whatever was said , should no stoop in WC final. sticks n stones. . . .it aint the play ground after all. And all of you that say you would do far worse . . .come on , its only an insult .. . low wind up thresholds the lot of ya . You'll be smacking people for looking at you funny next and being like the rest of chav society

Have some restraint eh boys . . .its only words ffs

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Cheeky Monkey said:
Trying and failing to conceal an ever-increasing bald patch?
Maybe he went BALD from headbutting people so much?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
"What's sure is that I never called him a terrorist: I am not cultured and I don't even know what an islamic terrorist is. My sole terrorist is her...," added Materazzi, pointing at his sleeping 10-month-old daughter.

What a frickin imbecile.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Also, with all Zidane's resources, surely he should have been able to shrug it off with a smile, go on to lift the world Cup... And then arrange for a couple of people to work Materazzi over in the car park later, when no one's watching...?

Just a thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here