Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reason for CMS dip in form?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Except it was his left foot.

He beat the keeper dont forget, he just couldn't get it inside the post. If he had gone for the harder chance and missed everyone would have been slating him for not going for the easy option!

To be honest I would have thought the easier chance would have been to open his body and shoot with his right foot aka buckley against Donny? For the life of me i will never know why he shot with his left foot and went near post. Maybe he was confused by Speroni deciding not to come out of his goal? Easy for me to say as a proven goal scorer at championship level ! Was a terrible miss though.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
When he joined us he couldn't finish with his left foot or head, even more worryingly all of our coaching talent has done absolutely nothing to improve either of these aspects of his game. Is he made to do end an hour after training practising both of these every day, if not, why not? Who is training our strikers and do they need replacing?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I assume because you heard we were signing a striker for a few million and thought he was going to be fantastic.

What did you think when you saw him play? Where you still beside yourself with glee?

Because we had just spent 3 million on league 1s top goal scorer that's was rumoured to be interesting much bigger clubs then ourselves.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Because we had just spent 3 million on league 1s top goal scorer that's was rumoured to be interesting much bigger clubs then ourselves.

I admit that I felt exactly the same. However, the reality is like taking a sip from what looks to be an inviting pint of larger, only to fund some fucker has pissed in a pint glass! The guy is a complete waste of money!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
completely agree with you was cockahoop when we signed him. Sadly he has not delivered - saturdays miss (one of many) will live long in the memory. If we got a reasonable offer in Jan from Norwich - i would take it and look to get someone else in - who i have no idea.

Erm wudnt u have someone in b4 he left?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Erm wudnt u have someone in b4 he left?

Depends how you look at it i reckon lamster. Some would say you should sell quickly to get max value for him. If he flops again this season he wont be worth a light come next summer. But obviously we leave ourselves short in Jan if we did sell.

Surely you would think the management have looked into this and will have a potential signing or two ready in Jan............... he says in hope..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Cms has had dip in form? News to me. Think he's been brilliant all season! Do some just judge on goals or just like to use him as a scapegoat when we lose 1 game with ten men?! Take Bolton for ex where he was fantastic then he was sub vs drizzle and played well when on. Sat pretty much a right off with us having 10; did the cms knockers not learn from preseason buckshot where he went and proved them wrong? unreal :(

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Take the Palace game out of the equation and in general the side are creating shed loads of chances. My concern is our coaching, when you look we have Gus (midfielder), Tanno (defender), Charlie (midfielder) a goal keeping coach, have we got a coach who works just with the strikers. Who works on touch, holding the ball up, runs into space, beating the offside trap, shooting and generally on the all round strikers game.

Look at other sports and clubs have coaches for every position but we don't have a strikers coach.

We have strikers with huge potential but they just blow hot and cold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here