Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Really Southampton ! Is that the limit of our ambition?

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Looking forward to it, should be a rerally good competitive fixture and one we can win which would be a huge morale boost to the new manager, squad and fans. Better this than playing a Chelsea/PSG/Barca type and watching them do a keep ball exercise and give us a heavy beating, we want games that offer a good test in comparison with who we play in the Championship.

With another fair ticketing deal from the club should be somewhere in the region of 15k audience I'd have thought.

Didn't we beat the European Champions the season before last. :shrug:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We're playing Southampton , that's not fair I wanted a team with style and flair

I want to go to The Amex and see Real, not the Saints and all the players they sell.

The Albion deserve opposition of a better class , maybe Arsenal perhaps with Fabregas.

We played the Saints a lot in recent times, they should go off to the Pompey chimes.

A top class opponent is what we need , our new manager will be impressed indeed .

Astounding.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Didn't we beat the European Champions the season before last. :shrug:

Hardly a full strength side but if you'd rather watch us play Real Madrid B then fair enough.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Honestly don't object to Southampton. The Norwich game was good last season, and Saints were a good side last season, although obviously things are changing with player transfers.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I could probably name 8 premiership clubs who would be worse opposition.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Clearly a fishing trip (although someone should tell this journo we've let Lopez go)

Walker_this_way

Oct 18, 2011
Didn't Real Madrid go to Bournemouth last year? That is where we should be aiming .

We have a stadium now use it effectively . I cannot see the old bill vetoing a friendly if it clashes with Pride.

Sorry mate do you know how these things work? Bournemouth were able to get Real to visit because they had the money to get Real to visit! You have clearly gotten too used to our previous years with the likes of Chelsea and Spurs. Were you complaining last season when we got Norwich?

Saying we should be aiming higher than Southampton is ridiculous and to suggest we are the bigger club is absurd! Southampton finished in the top half of the Premier League last season. Stop clinging to the 2011 season. Southampton has been an established Prem club in the past, we haven't, they are by far the bigger club.

I for one am looking forward to their visit! I think it will prove a great test for our players and show the potential we have for the coming campaign.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We probably insisted on this friendly as one of the conditions of selling Ulloa to them - an extra few grand in the bank from the deal.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is this how the club considers its status.

In May 2011 we had surpassed Southhampton in terms of status . We were the top dogs.

Now we are playing the role of minnow against them, as they grant us the favour of bringing a squad to play a friendly against us.

They should be going to Pompey or Woking not coming to us.

I wonder who Bournemouth will get this season?

We should have a massive glamour friendly Paris St Germain , Athletico Bilboa ( Lopez link) Dortmund etc.

Or at least a Villa or even Newcastle .

Southhampton with Llallana or Lambert ? Big deal.

So what. It's a warm-up match, an extended form of training and a chance to see how the new players (assuming we have some by then) perform against teams that aren't Lewes or Crawley.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Is this how the club considers its status.

In May 2011 we had surpassed Southhampton in terms of status . We were the top dogs.

Now we are playing the role of minnow against them, as they grant us the favour of bringing a squad to play a friendly against us.

They should be going to Pompey or Woking not coming to us.

I wonder who Bournemouth will get this season?

We should have a massive glamour friendly Paris St Germain , Athletico Bilboa ( Lopez link) Dortmund etc.

Or at least a Villa or even Newcastle .

Southhampton with Llallana or Lambert ? Big deal.

If you were a red indian, your name would be Talking Bollocks.

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
Yeah! I get to visit the beautiful Amex stadium again!

It's a good fixture for both our clubs. Don't know what all the moaning is about!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here