Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Really, really O/T. Anyone know a very good organist?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
One of the NSC moderators in an extremely accomplished musician and organist. He could be your man if he fancies doing it.

Edit: see post above...!

Which cathedral? Titanic you should do it - you are easily good enough for only the most discerning professional not to be happily impressed - aren't you?

If they want Sussex by the Sea... then maybe??

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Looking on their website... if someone like their Senior Organ Scholar James Kealey is on offer... I would definitely go for him.

I have sung in Wells Cathedral but not played there... lovely place for a wedding!

Not sure of the names that have been offered; I'll check.

Yes, a truly lovely place for a wedding.

Shame about the groom-to-be, a bit of a chinless wonder. I didn't say that out loud, did I? Good.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I know a fellow Albion season ticket holder who is an accomplished organist. No idea if he's played cathedrals or would be up for a wedding gig but can ask if you're stuck ...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
This is pretty out there, I know, but here goes.

A friend of mine is getting married in a cathedral in November and I said that I might be able to source an organist. I said this because I know (knew, as it turns out) a retired principal organist of St Pauls. On contacting him, I got a very nice email back from his widow saying that he'd died about 5 months ago. :facepalm:

Before I go back to the bride-to-be saying I can't help, I thought that someone on here might know of somebody of similar standing. Unlikely, I know, but...does anyone know anyone who's good enough and has played such an instrument before and who might be up for a gig in November?

Long shot, right?

Oh, applications from [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] and [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] discouraged. :wink:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Could you stick on a CD loudly, and have someone pretending to play?

Funny you say that, as that was my initial offer. She's got a fine line in withering, exasperated looks.

Not sure of the names that have been offered; I'll check.

Yes, a truly lovely place for a wedding.

Shame about the groom-to-be, a bit of a chinless wonder. I didn't say that out loud, did I? Good.

..Would be funny if he was a closet fan and member of this board!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here