Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Really, Potter has to go ?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I totally agree - But at the start of the season they were telling fans a different story. They were hinting at the dream of being a top 10 Club - Once that's done to the fans it is like tearing up a feather pillow case . There is no way that you can be expected to pick up all the feathers after that.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with ''Ambition'' but I think it is better to do it the way Burnley do it. They manage the fans Expectations. Then anything they achieve is an ''Over-achievement''

But aren’t these really mutually exclusive issues/ideas?

You can be aspirational about a top 10 finish - the way I read/interpreted the message - versus saying we believe our investment deserves a top 10 finish - which they most definitely did not?

And at no point have they said they were 100% confident of achieving that this season which surely renders your argument a tad moot. Your own comment says “they hinted at being a top 10 club”...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
We have one big issue: Can't shoot, won't shoot. And it's mainly aimed at our midfield. Mooy, Trossard, Propper, March, Jahanbakhsh, Gross (and to a lesser extent Stephens and Bissouma as DMs) contribute next to nothing on the goals front. All of our shots lately are either straight at the keeper or MILES over the bar.

Maupay has been a perfectly good signing and has done well for his first season at this level, and I think the added problem is that you can never guarantee success when signing a striker. Joelinton, Wesley and Haller all look utter toilet and they all cost near on 3x Maupay. We could spend £40m on a striker, but that doesn't guarantee anything.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
But aren’t these really mutually exclusive issues/ideas?

You can be aspirational about a top 10 finish - the way I read/interpreted the message - versus saying we believe our investment deserves a top 10 finish - which they most definitely did not?

And at no point have they said they were 100% confident of achieving that this season which surely renders your argument a tad moot. Your own comment says “they hinted at being a top 10 club”... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't ever made reference to Budget. others have made reference to Budget but not me.

I even highlighted your ''We are what we are'' something along those lines. West Ham made a similar error hinting to fans that when they went to the new stadium that was the signal for a big push towards breaking into the Europa League places.

All I am saying is '' Once you even hint at those sort of ideas then many fans psychologically go on that journey with you from the minute it is mentioned '' - It is always best to underplay things especially when you are in effect a small fish in a big pond.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have one big issue: Can't shoot, won't shoot. And it's mainly aimed at our midfield. Mooy, Trossard, Propper, March, Jahanbakhsh, Gross (and to a lesser extent Stephens and Bissouma as DMs) contribute next to nothing on the goals front. All of our shots lately are either straight at the keeper or MILES over the bar.

Maupay has been a perfectly good signing and has done well for his first season at this level, and I think the added problem is that you can never guarantee success when signing a striker. Joelinton, Wesley and Haller all look utter toilet and they all cost near on 3x Maupay. We could spend £40m on a striker, but that doesn't guarantee anything.

Ali J won’t shoot, are you sure about that?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Ridiculous.

I'm of the opinion that we should attempt to keep him regardless of the division we are in next year. I wonder why we all seem to think that he won't get a better offer and jump ship if anything comes along.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Ali J won’t shoot, are you sure about that?

Maybe not, but he's not necessarily out of the cant's shoot category. Sorry, I wasn't clear. Our midfield is a mixture of can't shoot, won't shoot.

Ali J shows the most promise actually from wide positions, but the sample size doesn't exactly work in his favour.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Respected football writer and friend of the Albion, Paul Hayward, made it clear that the squad were pleased to see the back of Andone. Potter obviously gave him a chance by starting with him (i.e. not protecting him for sale), but then Andone goes and engineers his departure with the assault. Disgraceful way to treat his club, the fans and his employer.

Whilst I agree that it was an extremely bad challenge from Andone I have seen worse over the years. To describe it as an "assault" is a bit OTT. I'm also a bit surprised the club would have allowed "the squad" to speak to a journalist, even one who is a friend of the Albion, to express their views on Andone.

But we are living in strange times.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Whilst I agree that it was an extremely bad challenge from Andone I have seen worse over the years. To describe it as an "assault" is a bit OTT. I'm also a bit surprised the club would have allowed "the squad" to speak to a journalist, even one who is a friend of the Albion, to express their views on Andone.

But we are living in strange times.

Imho he clearly went for the player.

Looking for red card so that the club said enough was enough for someone wanting out. He won.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
To me, who has played at the lowest level possible, it was an odd tackle to sort of back into the other player looks strange. If you were going to stick it in, you would straight leg onto his leg and go through. He looks like an amateur.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here