Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Really LAME claims to fame

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Terry Venables held the door open for me so that I could leave a bar in a London Hotel.

I was sitting outside the admin offices at Highbury one morning and Arsene Wenger walked past and said "Good Morning" to me.

My mums cousin used to be Chairman of Brentford FC.

So I have a Triple Claim to Lame Fame

:lolol:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I met Darth Vader at Gamleys once

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I had my photo taken with Jimmy Tarbuck at a pro-celebrity gold tournament when I was about ten.

I believe the photo still exists, in it I am wearing an orange Kagoul and a comedy-rabbit-ears hat that came from Thorpe Park
:blush:

Even sadder, I got dragged to the same tournament the next year, to get the photo signed

:thud:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
edna krabappel said:
I had my photo taken with Jimmy Tarbuck at a pro-celebrity gold tournament when I was about ten.
:thud:

must have been a portrait snap to get you both in frame :lolol:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I met tom baker in london, spoke to norman cook in the king and queen just before the swindon play-off games. saw adam virgo in smugglers after a home game near the end of the 2003-04 season. Spoke to will packham in creation and we sung stevie coppel has vd song to him. On an away trip there was a bird from a channel 4 series, i think it was shamless, not sure but other people i was travelling to the game with knew who she was. but most famously of all spoke to molango on 3 different occasions, once near weatherspoons in west street where he was trying to chat up some birds with the "i'm a footballer" line, we helped him pull them as we said that he played for brighton, it was just after hes goal against reading and for some reason i called him a legend, another time at half time at white hart lane, and also in the event!

poke

Oct 19, 2003
filthy said:
On an away trip there was a bird from a channel 4 series, i think it was shamless, not sure but other people i was travelling to the game with knew who she was.

That was shelia from Shameless

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
In year 7 I was interviewed by an Australian news channel on a science trip to Sussex Uni.

Rubbed Des Lynam's head after he was "wetted" for Falmer.

Said Hello to Tony Cottee once at some motorway services on the way back from Mylton Keynes.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I met Johnny Marr at the KFC at Warwick services. My mate got his autograph on his KFC reciept. Top bloke for a legend.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I got Uri Geller's autograph when the Albion played Exeter in the cup a few years ago.

poke

Oct 19, 2003
NMH said:
I have sat on Santa Claus's lap, and had a photograph with Mickey Mouse.

NO-ONE can beat THAT!

I'm going to live with Micky Mouse! :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here