Reality Check

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
OK...so it's the manner of the defeat as much as the actual defeat that hurts like hell....however, in footballing terms lets be honest: deserved red card for Dunk, was doing OK first half until fell asleep at set piece (half time at 0-0 would have kept the pressure on them big time). First penalty was questionable, second was stonewall.

But.....

a couple of weeks ago, Spurs got stuffed at the Emirates in their derby game, now they have won 3 in a week and the perception has completely changed. We still have over 4 months and 26 games to go....plenty of time to turn this around. the more pressing concern for me is that by the sounds of it, there may have been a lack of bottle and/or composure shown by certain players which has happened time and time again. As much as Gus and the backroom team prepare them, once they cross the line and they decide to forget everything there isn't a great deal that can be done. As for the usual binfest...well, as Lewis Hamilton says...you win as a team and you lose as a team....today was embarassing to a point, but one game does not a season make. Let them enjoy their moment...

We got beat by the better team today...end of. I have every faith that we will win more than we will lose for the rest of the season, and we will be there or thereabouts in the playoff positions.

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
oh.....ok then. having put it through google translate, how is this as an amendment?

f*** barnes f*** gus we wuz robbed?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Definite sending off but then there was also a definite penalty when Buckley was flattened but the ref didn't give it. (still with our penalty record that wouldn't have mattered I suppose!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports