Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reality check (in a good way)

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
I was at Lords yesterday and overheard a conversation between a Wolves and Man U fan, neither particularly impressed with their current teams.

They then went on to say Man City played some good football, but the team they loved to watch was Brighton, to quote, "the way they move the ball, the movement, awesome football."

Who'd have thought that 25 years ago, what a long way we've come.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I was at Lords too and overheard the following from a West Ham fan and and his mate.

“We can beat anyone this year, if we sit back and hit on the break. We beat Brighton, we never beat Brighton, first time in 13 games”.

His mate then says “that was an unbelievable result, you done well to beat them”.

Nice to hear.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
I still find it strange when all the Man United fans I work with expect us to beat them.

The whole ‘teams like Brighton’ thing has taken on a whole other meaning.

Under Potter i think the big teams felt like we could get a result against them, but didn’t believe we would.

Under De Zerbi I think that other than City, they genuinely believe we will win.

I still find is so bizarre but it’s amazing how far we’ve come.

I still find it strange when all the Man United fans I work with expect us to beat them.

The whole ‘teams like Brighton’ thing has taken on a whole other meaning.

Under Potter i think the big teams felt like we could get a result against them, but didn’t believe we would.

Under De Zerbi I think that other than City, they genuinely believe we will win.

I still find is so bizarre but it’s amazing how far we’ve come.
100000000% love this post. It’s genuinely amazing. I have never felt so positive about us until this season, I don’t want it to end. I could get emotional about it if I wanted to. Sport is the best thing in the world.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I think the commentator on my stream got a little carried away towards the end, he said "This Brighton team are title contenders"
While I'd love to agree with him, I think to beat city to the title is currently a step too far. I'd certainly take a top 4 finish and Champions League though.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
United will always feel disappointed coming 2nd. Oh well, we can only beat what’s served up in front of us.

Next…

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Every single time I put a Brighton top on and leave my house in North London, someone wants to tell me how amazing we are. After the two shop assistants in Leyton Screwfix, then the guy that served us in B&Q sung our praises in the space of 10 minutes, my wife finally agreed I'm entitled to be obsessed at the moment!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I think the commentator on my stream got a little carried away towards the end, he said "This Brighton team are title contenders"
While I'd love to agree with him, I think to beat city to the title is currently a step too far. I'd certainly take a top 4 finish and Champions League though.

I heard that too, I thought it was Michael Owen but not 100% sure.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I was at Lords yesterday and overheard a conversation between a Wolves and Man U fan, neither particularly impressed with their current teams.

They then went on to say Man City played some good football, but the team they loved to watch was Brighton, to quote, "the way they move the ball, the movement, awesome football."

Who'd have thought that 25 years ago, what a long way we've come.
Is that a reality check though ? Sounds like the opposite although I appreciate that’s the way language is often used these days.

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
On our day we CAN beat anyone but it is also possible to lose to anyone. Let's enjoy the wonderful football we are playing at the moment. Hope we can hang on to our values in the future.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just to clear up as I keep seeing this, the commentator on your stream was the commentator on all English streams. It is Premier League Productions coverage that is taken by various countries.

And in this case, Pien (daughter of Rene) Mulensteen and Michael Bridges.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
What shocked me was Suttons predictions. Not that he backed us to win, he's often positive about us, but the little box at the end where you can predict the winner or a draw. I voted an Albion win obvs, then it shows the % of respondents for each result. When I voted only 23% of respondents had chosen a Utd win! Just over 30% picked the draw and more than 40% went for a Brighton win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here