Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Real feelings about Utd game

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I didn't see any inferiority complex, in fact we had more possession. What I saw was us up against quicker paced team, who knew how to stop us taking control of the game. What went wrong was too many on NSC thought that Utd were shite and we would waltz in there are teach them how to play. They are a good side, for pities sake they are the only side to have taken a point off of Liverpool. We saw why they have lost a few games, they keep missing golden opportunities to score. There are two Premier leagues, we are doing ok in the b section.

Helped by a shambolic first half that gifted Utd their win inside 20mins. Still, we managed not to get a man sent off and that frankly was miraculous

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I don't follow Manure, have had a dislike of them since 1983.

Today, in my head and heart, IF we play a blinder, they have a bad day, we could come home with a point . . . Or maybe 3

Reality is fair. . . . . We could have lost 7-3 if chances were taken

First halF was a nightmare, wrong starting line up and approach IMO, 2 extremely lucky goals as well. Teems like arz . . . .

For ten minutes in the second half we had them on the back foot, they broke too quickly and 3-1. The difference between us

Second half 1-1. No shame there.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Results like today are a nightmare for me, in an office full of plastics, we need to be beating teams like Utd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Helped by a shambolic first half that gifted Utd their win inside 20mins. Still, we managed not to get a man sent off and that frankly was miraculous
Shambolic or were they just too good for us? Yes the first goal was gifted to them, but to be fair they have more pace and skill than our players and they shut us out. TB's goal is for us to BECOME a top ten team, as he freely admits this is a lofty goal, why everyone thought an actual top ten team were going to let us play our own game and let us win away is beyond me. I think even GP got a wake up call, we were lucky not to come away 6 or 7 down. But on a positive note, maybe playing our new style no matter how hard the opposition, will make playing clubs closer to us in ability that much easier. A bit like high altitude training.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So would you say City have an inferiority complex with Liverpool? Because their game today went the same way. United have a much better team than us, the only way we can beat them is to catch them out tactically or on a bad day. Clearly Ole had done his homework going by his press conferences. The same will go for Arsenal if they keep imploding we will have a chance but its a chance not a given.

on paper, the quality of the players maybe. the team performance on recent weeks and table say otherwise. this was a mid table clash and they are now a whole 1 point above us.

the commentry is they out done us on tactics, which says something (not outright ability), i wonder if Potter needs to mix things up in the midfield where we may have become predictable.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't mind our players being tested and being exposed for their lack of quality. And I don't regret dreaming of 5th place, in fact it was playful fun for 24 hours.

I think we all learnt about our players today, Potter especially, that it will take a few good transfer windows to become the next Leicester City.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
We got closer to Utd in our previous visits, but this was a superior game in terms of entertainment and worth the 9 hour round car trip. We need to cement another season in the PL and get the team stronger to compete and gain points away at the big 6

Last edited:

Nov 5, 2019
City/Chelsea/Utd.All poor away games.I'm disappointed we lived up to many peoples expectations of us who never watch us but figure as its Brighton we will get stuffed.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I don't mind our players being tested and being exposed for their lack of quality. And I don't regret dreaming of 5th place, in fact it was playful fun for 24 hours.

I think we all learnt about our players today, Potter especially, that it will take a few good transfer windows to become the next Leicester City.

The Brighton management team are well aware of this. Which is why TB set the goal of Becoming a top ten team.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I hate to pick on one player.. and a few had off days today. But Pröpper had yet another one. I am losing my patience with him. I’ve waited to see his real talent and he just hasn’t shown it.
Although he wasn’t the worst today. He just loses the ball in key areas too much and too often imo.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think the 2 quick and slightly fortuitous goals played right into their hands. We had to take chances and Rashford, Martial and James are brilliant on the break.

The irony is the first two goals were flukes, but later they missed sitters.

I think we (the supporters) have a bit of an inferiority complex still (apart from the minority who want Potter out and Big Sam in). Imposter syndrome. I am sure the bloody club doesn't though. As [MENTION=35524]Knocky's Nose[/MENTION] pointed out, we are growing the roots and trunk nicely.

And meanwhile, we are getting better on the pitch and will continue to do so.

I'm looking forward to our next game, disappointed we didn't take something from Old****ing Trafford FFS. Happy days, for me. :shrug:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I hate to pick on one player.. and a few had off days today. But Pröpper had yet another one. I am losing my patience with him. I’ve waited to see his real talent and he just hasn’t shown it.
Although he wasn’t the worst today. He just loses the ball in key areas too much and too often imo.

Brown Acid? Or too many cod liver oils/sanatogens with your dementia pills?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Defending shite, Trossard impact sub material, Mooy should of packed the midfield Potter got this one wrong. Move on to Leicester.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I see now how much better they are than us Saunders but I made a mistake in thinking the gap had closed further..... bearing in mind we’ve had our successes against them at home. Still a way to go.... and that realisation has left me a bit down tonight...... but not out mate.

Certainly a reality check for quite a few on here. Being 8th before today's result put us in a very force position. We had a massive hand in beating Everton. Norwich game i thought we were poor but eventually we got the goals late on to beat them. Certainly made hard work of it. In the end we could have won by a bigger margin.
I thought today we might be a little more rigid in our formation after two batterings against Chelsea and City. Potter went for it again which is something that doesn't sit right with me.
Somebody we play against will take those chances and give us a proper spanking by 5 or 6 and it will be deserved. Probably a team you least expect.

4pts away from home. Scored 5 goals but only one goal from open play since Watford. The away form is very poor and our tactics don't convince me one bit.
For some reason we never turned up today and the early yellows which were deserved meant our players had to tread very carefully. That played into their hands.
I didn't think Utd were that great, we were shocking today and never gave them a game. I see a few people have mentioned our possession stats. Means nothing. I saw one team battering a poor team today. Will Potter learn from this ? Our defencive flaws are back and that is a massive worry with the tough run of games coming up. With no Dunk or Webster alarm bells are ringing.

Last edited:

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
We have improved but clearly have a way to go before realising Tony's dream of being a top 10 club.

A mere bloom day dream unless we invest in real quality starting with the midfield. Clueless gutless spineless and more important goalless fact !
Stephens [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Shambolic or were they just too good for us? Yes the first goal was gifted to them, but to be fair they have more pace and skill than our players and they shut us out. TB's goal is for us to BECOME a top ten team, as he freely admits this is a lofty goal, why everyone thought an actual top ten team were going to let us play our own game and let us win away is beyond me. I think even GP got a wake up call, we were lucky not to come away 6 or 7 down. But on a positive note, maybe playing our new style no matter how hard the opposition, will make playing clubs closer to us in ability that much easier. A bit like high altitude training.

I think we were lucky not to get a hiding and that would have been difficult to describe otherwise. Potter perhaps at fault for this one more than players admittedly.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Did Fred take Stephens out the game, or did Stephens allow Fred to play? It’s a bit coincidence that their £60m signing who has been lambasted by Stratford faithful for under performing plays a blinder when up against Dale ‘the crab’ Stephens. No wonder he likes being by the seaside.

Beware when we play a defensive 4-2-3-1 packing the midfield which can quickly transform to a pacy attacking 4-3-3. Maybe we should try 4-2-3-1 at Liverpool?

Afterthought
Man City tried.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here