Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

real fans / stayaways

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Is there some way that during Albion related discussions on here, there is a way that you can distinguish between people who actually support the Albion on a regular basis with those - that for whatever reason - dont actually go but continue to talk about the current team as if they really know what the f*** they are on about.

Apart from the fact they talk crap of course.

I want to read posts by proper fans not by fans who have over inflated opinions on matches that they never went too.

4700 tut tut

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
I probably only go to 8-10 matches per season, mainly becaise of time and other commitments. Living away from Sussex I can't make midweek games at all. I spend around £200 per year on merchandise to support the club. Most of it I don't use. I subscribe to their media services. I read match reports in the press, on here, talk to people who went to the games, and watch highlights where available. I'm sorry, but it's the best I can do. I do feel bad when I hear there are only 4,700 fans at the game. If I lived in Brighton I would probably have a season ticket. You shouldn't slag off Brighton fans on here. People do the best they can do. It's the wankers who don't give a shit, who jump on the trains to London from Sussex on Saturday with their hampers of Aqua Libra and cous cous in their Arsenal shirts and Chelsea shirts, filling up the Emirates or whatever with 60,000 boring, soulless fuckwits who aren't from London and don't make any noise. But don't keep slagging off Brighton fans. Anyone who supports the club in any way, be it buying shirts, going to the odd game, and of course the people who shell out a lot on season tickets, are all helping.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
got a point though , before the game yesterday at about 4pm , a game where we could of gone 2nd , The first 8 threads on here were non football related.
Think a large proportion of posters- particularly some with big post counts actually arn't that interested in it at all

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be honest, this board is full of people who live far away and is really for them to discuss all things albion ( or more often) non albion.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
To be honest, this board is full of people who live far away and is really for them to discuss all things albion ( or more often) non albion.

understand but even Albion fans abroad I would of though would want to discuss the game yesterday. You could feel in Withdean last night , a lot of people didnt give a shit. I tried to get it going but it was impossible at times.
Think it was Mendoza got it right when he said the teams came out to a ripple of applause similar to that of a Stephen Hendry safety shot.

Even the board is not particularly interested at the moment ..... strange

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I don't think that's true at all.

I'm not sure what you would define as 'full' but I reckon a fair interpretation would be that 80%+ of people (live far away).

Poll time...!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
got a point though , before the game yesterday at about 4pm , a game where we could of gone 2nd , The first 8 threads on here were non football related.
Think a large proportion of posters- particularly some with big post counts actually arn't that interested in it at all

I really looked froward to last nights game (and thought we did well) but listening to all the moaners on the radio on the way home as to why they dont go and and why we are so un-entertaining really pissed me off.

Its a litle pricey to go for some people I accept but to keep going on about the Withdean factor, no roof, boring football etc just does not cut it with me........

so there

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There are people on here who for a variety of reasons don't go to games. I'm probably verging on "lapsed fan" status myself, seeing as I go to about 4 or 5 games a year at the mo.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Dave surely then you would think they would listen to the opinion of people who actually go though to ascertain some info, but they rarely do.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Is there some way that during Albion related discussions on here, there is a way that you can distinguish between people who actually support the Albion on a regular basis with those - that for whatever reason - dont actually go but continue to talk about the current team as if they really know what the f*** they are on about.

I want to read posts by proper fans not by fans who have over inflated opinions on matches that they never went too.

4700 tut tut

I agree with you. I've a ST at Elland Road (based in London). I post on Waccoe quite alot regarding Leeds performances. The amount of $hite posts I read regarding players performances are untrue.

Asked what they base there assumptions on, all I ever get back is "I was listening on the radio :bla: :bla:" At that point I turn off and just can't bother with them.

Half of them still have scapegoats in the team based on last years performances when these players have probably been one of the best this year.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There are people on here who for a variety of reasons don't go to games. I'm probably verging on "lapsed fan" status myself, seeing as I go to about 4 or 5 games a year at the mo.

If you cannot afford to go Simster than thats fair enough - not everyone has the income - I`m complaining about the ones who moan about each performance on here when they are stuck behind there keyboards at 3.00 on a saturday or say they have to go shopping.

Oh I used to go in the OLD days................

Oh I`ll go when we get Falmer...............

Oh I`ll go when blah blah.................................... meanwhile I`ll come on here and tell everyone how it is.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If you cannot afford to go Simster than thats fair enough - not everyone has the income - I`m complaining about the ones who moan about each performance on here when they are stuck behind there keyboards at 3.00 on a saturday or say they have to go shopping.

Oh I used to go in the OLD days................

Oh I`ll go when we get Falmer...............

Oh I`ll go when blah blah.................................... meanwhile I`ll come on here and tell everyone how it is.
Out of interest, who are the ones moaning about each performance on here when they are stuck behind their keyboards at 3.00 on a Saturday?

This sounds like a load of crap to me. How can you moan about a performance if you haven't been.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

What you have to remember is the word 'afford' means different things to different people, especially in the context of the fortnightly pilgrimage to the Church of Withdean.

Both in the financial sense and in the broader sense. Many people are cash rich but time poor and although the £25 entrance fee (plus drink, food and transport money) is perfectly affordable financially, the time required to attend is not. For example a father who works (or commutes and works) long hours during the week will have scarce time to spend with his children other than at weekends.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Out of interest, who are the ones moaning about each performance on here when they are stuck behind their keyboards at 3.00 on a Saturday?

This sounds like a load of crap to me. How can you moan about a performance if you haven't been.

Simster thats the point isn`t it....................

by Jove I think hes got it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Simster thats the point isn`t it....................

by Jove I think hes got it.
I realise you're cerebrally challenged, so I'll spell it out. Who are these people you are moaning about? I don't think they exist but you obviously do. Which NSC users do you refer to?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What you have to remember is the word 'afford' means different things to different people, especially in the context of the fortnightly pilgrimage to the Church of Withdean.

Both in the financial sense and in the broader sense. Many people are cash rich but time poor and although the £25 entrance fee (plus drink, food and transport money) is perfectly affordable financially, the time required to attend is not. For example a father who works (or commutes and works) long hours during the week will have scarce time to spend with his children other than at weekends.

Thats all true. I did not go anywhere near as much when my children were young but I did not continually moan about performances when I was not there.
Now the oldest two are teenagers I have to escape to the pub and Withdean whether I like it or not.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I realise you're cerebrally challenged, so I'll spell it out. Who are these people you are moaning about? I don't think they exist but you obviously do. Which NSC users do you refer to?

Simster, sorry if I appear rude but I have to go out now. I know you can afford to go to all the games.

Hows that big extension. Did they get it finished on time............ bloody builders huh.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003

4700 tut tut

That's perochiol nonsense and symptomatic of someone with a small club mentality.

Do you think Man U should warn the thousands of fans across the world who spend millions on merchandising, but don't attend matches not to contribute to Man U related online forums? Perhaps we should put arm bands on them so when they go to the pub they can identified.

Do you think that the Premiership, now more profitable abroad than it is at home and more profitable than any other league in the world, should advise that whilst the UK clubs enjoy the merchansiding revenue all online communities should flag those who do not attend matches so their opinions may be treated differently?

Think of the big picture and stop bean counting an insignificant amount of attendance even at full capacity.

You'd have us beleive that when you sit in whatever stand you sit in at Withdean there arn't people around you talking crap? Every time I attend a match I hear directly opposing, subjective opinions all around me and you know what....that's absolutley fine they've got as much right to talk crap at Withdean as those who don't attend do on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here