Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading will get 1st choice as they are being proactive!

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Unlike us Reading has realised they have not reached their potential under their current manager and taken the necessary action.....

I bet they snap up Pulis, leaving us 2nd best again because no one up top can appear to make a decision......if our strap line is "one club one ambition" then that's a bold statement that needs backing up with bold decisions !!!
It appears that you have already made a decision based on very few facts but those at the top have made a decision based on all the facts.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I bet Reading don't snap up Pulis.
Eamon Dolan ( from the Academy ) is my bet. Knows all the youngsters a la Kit Symons and won't be the most expensive option around

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
We are now an employment basket-case, managers at the top level are no longer queueing up to join the Bloom bus.

Do not think that is the case, plenty of out of work managers and very few jobs. It all depends what Tony offers a manager, regarding wages,control over buying players and what money he has to spend. We have a great infrastructure and stadium and a lot of potential.

Premiership Dream

Nov 16, 2011
But the club can make a decision. They decided to stick with Hyypia, it is just not the one you want. Also is not sticking with him the definition of a bold statement? So what exactly is your problem other than they are not doing what you want?

So u fancy the rest of the season with Hyppia in charge.........We are dithering around like we did recruiting him in the 1st place and like we did in the summer transfer window...... I believe we do have a squad that is should be better placed than we currently are, however that squad is not being given the direction and leadership it requires........Ogrady and Baldock scored something like 39 goals between them last season and O'grady was playing with worse players than in our current squad .....the system is wrong and it needs changing we can all see that

Premiership Dream

Nov 16, 2011
It appears that you have already made a decision based on very few facts but those at the top have made a decision based on all the facts.

Reading seem to know what they are doing and appear to actually have a plan to rectify something that's not right .....we however are just letting it happen .......I don't have all the facts ur right, but I can see Reading reacting and I don't see us doing anything

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Anyone else think the timing of the decision has something to do with the announcement on who has a transfer embargo? Clarke knows he will now be able to bring in who he likes.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Reading seem to know what they are doing and appear to actually have a plan to rectify something that's not right .....we however are just letting it happen .......I don't have all the facts ur right, but I can see Reading reacting and I don't see us doing anything

Just because you don't see us doing anything doesn't mean we aren't. Assuming we are actually able to or want to do something

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think Clarke had been sounded out and pencilled in prior to the binning of Adkins, the Lovely John Madejski in action.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think Clarke had been sounded out and pencilled in prior to the binning of Adkins, the Lovely John Madejski in action.

Like most sensible chairman. Why would you sack someone without having someone better to replace them?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Like most sensible chairman. Why would you sack someone without having someone better to replace them?

Because we do things by the book, with due diligence and procedure, and then cock up.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Just because you don't see us doing anything doesn't mean we aren't. Assuming we are actually able to or want to do something

From where I'm sitting we don't look like a club with a plan, more like a rudderless ship with a captain that's gone awol.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Indeed. Backing Sami will make us a more attractive club for managers as they know they will get a fair crack and not sacked after a month.
That's a fair point I hadn't considered before. I'm not sure whether prospective managers take that into account though, I presume they all think they're infallible, and incapable of losing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here