Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading v M'Boro Thread

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Do you really believe 7th is a failure this year? A failure? No. A disappointment after finishing 4th last year? Yes.
Do you think Oscar deserves a chance to bring his own players in? Difficult. From what I've seen of his football, I'm not overly fussed if he gets the opportunity to build his team.
Do you think the injuries have had more of an impact than previous seasons? Yes they have, but it doesn't excuse the lackluster performances we've seen pretty much all season.

Fair enough. I don't agree with any of that but it's not worth arguing about any more

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It's true there have been an extraordinary amount of long term injuries but, being long term, there were chances to get players in, plus the January window but we've had some major failings and loans like Lita & Obika hardly inspire confidence in the ability to spot players capable of improving the team.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Last St. George's Day, BHA were 4th on 69 points.
Tomorrow they're 7th on 66 points
Both after 44 games played.

That's not an enormous difference... a lot depends on what everyone else does.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Why? I support Brighton (not football). Would you rather win scrappily 1-0 or lose a classic 4-3?

I trust you had a good nights sleep, 'twas a joke young Finchley Seagull.....

However you question does depend for me on who the opposition is ie losing 4-3 to QPR is a better result than say losing 4-3 or a 1-0 win against Barnsley.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I wasn't. I was born that year. But it's not been awful. Frustrating at times, yes but there's only been a few games where I'd say it was terrible. I'm sure given the chance to bring in his own players, he will be more attacking next year

Lets hope he is given free rein to change the squad as he see's fit as in his interview after the Blackpool match it seemed he was not happy with our last transfer window action

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Do you really believe 7th is a failure this year? Do you think Oscar deserves a chance to bring his own players in? Do you think the injuries have had more of an impact than previous seasons?

My answer to that is yes he does , but are the Albion going to change how they recruit players, are they going to tell Burke and the gang to go get the players Oscar wants or are we going to continue with Burke identifying who Oscar can choose from.
Our success in bringing good players worth the wages, has been truly awful this season.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It's true there have been an extraordinary amount of long term injuries but, being long term, there were chances to get players in, plus the January window but we've had some major failings and loans like Lita & Obika hardly inspire confidence in the ability to spot players capable of improving the team.

Are you blaming Oscar for that?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Am I correct in thinking that this is the second season the manager has criticised our January transfer business, who is the common denominator in that?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Am I correct in thinking that this is the second season the manager has criticised our January transfer business, who is the common denominator in that?

FFP looming, and dealing with the unfairness (and now prohibited) to TB in having to pump in £12m of his own money each year to subsidise the losses (in addition to being generous enough to cough up > £100m on the stadium and Lancing).

In other words, the losses, players wages and transfer fees of Poyet's Championship era were unsustainable and now outlawed. Giving a lower squad quality. Whiner Poyet saw this and was angling for a departure. OG simply has to deal with it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
FFP looming, and dealing with the unfairness (and now prohibited) to TB in having to pump in £12m of his own money each year to subsidise the losses (in addition to being generous enough to cough up > £100m on the stadium and Lancing).

In other words, the losses, players wages and transfer fees of Poyet's Championship era were unsustainable and now outlawed. Giving a lower squad quality. Whiner Poyet saw this and was angling for a departure. OG simply has to deal with it.

OG has been given an improved budget this season according to Paul Barber and Tony Bloom.

Tony Bloom has already said he doesn't like doing business in the January window. It doesn't help that he likes to winter in Australia.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

difficult to improve the team from the subs bench...???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here