Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading v Ipswich

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'd like to buy that referee several drinks.

Had a little dabble on Reading to win and both teams to score at Betfred's enhanced 5/1. It would never have happened without that ref. Every penalty was debatable. Terrible game though. Both sides are real mid-table fodder.

Great that football's back. :)

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Both Reading penalties were correct decisions (a definite handball just inside the area for the first, shirt-pulling and dragging back for the second) but Ipswich's was a little dubious in my opinion.

Agreed. Ipswich one was soft but maybe balancing out the handball, which was slightly on the harsh side given how close the player was to the ball (wouldn't have said it was incorrect though, more a matter of opinion). The one that's hacking me off is some people complaining about the last one for grappling because 'it goes on all the time'. That's the point. Referees are trying to get us back to the era when defenders used to defend corners properly - not do all this American football style pulling and blocking - and hallelujah for that. All the players were briefed on this pre-season so it's no-one's fault but their own. Just pack it in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here