Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading - Parking

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I went to reading when we scored straight after the kick off, after about 13 seconds, a few years ago now.

That day, I got to Reading and headed to the Majeski and then just drove around till I spotted a space.

In an attempt at being more organised this year, I am hoping for some advice as to where is good for parking!

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
If you turn left at the motorway junction and take the next left. You can park near The Fountain pub, have a few beers then wander across to the Mad Stad. Less than a mile.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
We're hoping to park in the greyhound stadium. Think it's £8 per car but it's only a 5 minute walk and there's 1000 spaces.

I remember going to that game. It was the first game of the new season and really hot.
Maheta Molango scored after 2 or 3 minutes and after that it was pretty awful.

The one thing that sticks in my mind is the awful piped music they played when Reading had a corner or scored. It was embarrassingly dreadful and very sad.
Every time they played it, we all started singing along with it and they'd turn it off.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Reading have always struck me as the sort of club that would play goal music :angry:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Gonna give the one a go that's described "best for away supporters" on the reading website. Free parking £4 return on the bus
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324736457.305600.jpg

ChilternGull

Nov 3, 2011
Village near Oxford
If you are coming off the M4 there is a car park with park and ride near by which should be signposted. Alternatively there is a large car park at the greyhound stadium if you follow signs towards town centre and it should be on the left at a large roundabout. I will be using this one but will be coming south from near Thame.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Brought a new 3 series bmw for xmas and my dads disabled badge has came today so we're driving up in style and parking right at the entrance of the ground :)

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This will be my first visit to Reading is there much to do around the ground?

In a word. NO.

Either the Fountain the other side of the motorway or head into town (walkable) is what we've done in the past. Think it'll be the Fountain this time. Any other takers?

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
In a word. NO.

Either the Fountain the other side of the motorway or head into town (walkable) is what we've done in the past. Think it'll be the Fountain this time. Any other takers?

Which M4 junction should I get off for the Fountain?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I went to reading when we scored straight after the kick off, after about 13 seconds, a few years ago now.

That day, I got to Reading and headed to the Majeski and then just drove around till I spotted a space.

In an attempt at being more organised this year, I am hoping for some advice as to where is good for parking!

I was there that day, it was the first game of the season (or there abouts) and it was ROASTING! I seem to remember drinking in a Holiday Inn or something similar close by. Was it Molango that got that goal? Anyway i'm just about to leave for Reading now so see you all there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here