Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading FC - polite warning

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Funny that, because that is the opinion a lot of people supporting other clubs have of Brighton. Think about it; a club that has a large stadium, that once played at withdean, in front of 6000 crowds. A club with a huge chip on its shoulders, that feels it has a devine right to play in the premier league. Crowds that go up dramatically, from 6000 to 26000, with a little success.
That is almost exactly what you are levelling at Reading.

I don't wholly agree with you, but there's no way I'm getting into an argument with a fan of my second club. See you at Wembley?

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maybe but Oxford are another Chesterfield - one of the random clubs that cant stand Brighton. I think The Pink Fairy will be able to explain why.
No, it's just this one Oxford fan who has an obsessive hatred of us, not Oxford fans in general.

Seems like a palace fan in reality.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
No, it's just this one Oxford fan who has an obsessive hatred of us, not Oxford fans in general.

Seems like a palace fan in reality.

True oxford fans reserve all their hatred for one club . And it's not us

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Funny that, because that is the opinion a lot of people supporting other clubs have of Brighton. Think about it; a club that has a large stadium, that once played at withdean, in front of 6000 crowds. A club with a huge chip on its shoulders, that feels it has a devine right to play in the premier league. Crowds that go up dramatically, from 6000 to 26000, with a little success.
Yes we had restrictions and no money,but apart from these 20 odd years we had good crowds for a club that mostly was in the 3rd tier.
http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/bha.htm
Hardly ever went below 10k even in the lower reaches.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I don't know why i just like the phrase down and outs! has a certain ring to it.

I have lived in reading for nearly 10 years and it's my opinion of the place. i really really do not like it. I worked in a bar on Friar street for a while and maybe that tainted it a bit, the station and the station hill development looks good and is building for the future, bit half of Green Park (where I worked for 6 years) is still empty so I cannot sure why they think they will fill all of those offices.

I also forgot an honorable mention for reading Elvis, who is quite frankly absolutely amazing!
Everybody likes different kind of places and you prefer Brighton in which is fair enough.
I preferred the reading in the late 80's and 90's although you have to admire the ambition here and it's wonderful for jobs.
On the otherside you have the river Thames and just 3 miles away you have Oxfordshire and lovely greenery etc.Its easy to get everywhere as reading is so small like 5 miles square max.
I used to go to Elm Park all the time as a young teen as lived by it and worked at reading market for many years.How could anyone forget reading Elvis as the man is a legend.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I agree with most of what has been said about Reading. I live in Shinfield, south part of Reading. Its ok and I can easily get out on my bike in to the country side. It will never feel like home to me, but my husband likes it here, RAF child and has no roots. My daughter goes to a good school in Wokingham. But I still miss the beach and when I come down for weekend matches I feel a bit of inner peace, like I'm back where I belong.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Everybody likes different kind of places and you prefer Brighton in which is fair enough.
I preferred the reading in the late 80's and 90's although you have to admire the ambition here and it's wonderful for jobs.
On the otherside you have the river Thames and just 3 miles away you have Oxfordshire and lovely greenery etc.Its easy to get everywhere as reading is so small like 5 miles square max.
I used to go to Elm Park all the time as a young teen as lived by it and worked at reading market for many years.How could anyone forget reading Elvis as the man is a legend.

Yeah I guess so. I suppose the thing for me as well is that I have never actually lived in Brighton so I only see the positives of a day or two down there.

I spent my youth in Bromley and South/greater London. Despite the fact a lot of those places were just as 'bad' as I see Reading they were 'mine' so I saw them as character!!

I can't deny that the location of the place is superb especially for access to a lot of places around the south. I now work in Marlow so living by j12 is great for access to it. And it takes me the same time to get there as it used to getting to my office in the town centre most days!

Nov 27, 2009
I have no hatred of brighton. It's just funny that the op has quoted so many of the same points many people say of brighton. E.g 20,000 fans appear from nowhere, when a new stadium appears. Where were they at withdean or Gillingham?
Some may use the phrase plastic fans.

If things start going wrong, how many of these plastics will still turn up?
Today at Cardiff, seemingly, watch the comments on your board tonight, there will be a meltdown.

Nov 27, 2009
Why use Withdean and not Gillingham. Assume you are too young to remember the 34000 we could pull for Rochdale at the Goldstone. Nothing like that at Reading or your place for that matter. Whilst on the subject, I remember Oxford singing "Hark now here.. the oxford sing, the Brighton run away.." at the Goldstone. After a silence in the North Stand, then a bit of laughter, Brighton replied Hark now here the Brighton sing, the palace run away again..". Sounds like Oxford never got over it.

I do like a good comedian....

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I have no hatred of brighton. It's just funny that the op has quoted so many of the same points many people say of brighton. E.g 20,000 fans appear from nowhere, when a new stadium appears. Where were they at withdean or Gillingham?
Some may use the phrase plastic fans.

If things start going wrong, how many of these plastics will still turn up?
Today at Cardiff, seemingly, watch the comments on your board tonight, there will be a meltdown.

If things start going wrong? Have you started following football this season?

Where were they at withdean

Filling or near-filling capacity limits at a really woeful ground for watching football.

or Gillingham?

80 miles away decidedly pissed off (a distance you've probably never even travelled for an away game).

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Brighton named one of the world hotspots for 2016
The only city in Britain to make it into TripAdvisor's top ten

Brighton is the only British city to have made it into TripAdvisor's top ten destinations on the rise for 2016, having been put in sixth place.

The TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice awards for Destinations on the Rise are calculated using travellers' reviews and feedback year-on-year and categories considered include accommodation, restaurants and attractions.
http://travel.aol.co.uk/2015/12/09/...ots-in-world-for-2016/?ncid=aolshare_facebook

:)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

:wozza:

image.jpg

Listen silly bollox if you don't like the opinion of Brighton fans, do one.

How many fans do Oxford get at home ?
How man will turn up to the tin pot cup at Wembley?

With the success BHA had when we played at Withdean, if we had a bigger stadium back then we would have had a bigger attendance than 6000.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Oxford are your second club :wozza: :facepalm:

What can I say, i work with some Ox diehards and got sucked in . I know where my loyalties lie and like them like I like Horsham

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
What can I say, i work with some Ox diehards and got sucked in . I know where my loyalties lie and like them like I like Horsham

What can you say? Hmmmm Don't admit Oxford are your second club on a BHA forum :thumbsup:

Reading don't bother me TBF, But Oxford are one of those clubs I haven't got any time for.
Probably something to do with that cock Dreaming Spires, and his type.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
What can you say? Hmmmm Don't admit Oxford are your second club on a BHA forum :thumbsup:

Reading don't bother me TBF, But Oxford are one of those clubs I haven't got any time for.
Probably something to do with that cock Dreaming Spires, and his type.

If u let a small club like oxford bother you , you must be easily bothered .

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If u let a small club like oxford bother you , you must be easily bothered .

I'm guessing you are a lot younger than myself, BHA haven't played Oxford for years.
Brighton and Oxford were not the best of friends in the past.

You seem to be easily bothered by Reading :)

Start a thread about not liking Reading FC and then you admit to supporting Oxford :wozza:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here