Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading fans planning their pitch invasion when they win on Saturday

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Why would you pitch invade for making the playoffs? I really cant understand that, its not like you are going up or even making the final, you are simply in the mix. pitch invasions for a top 6 finish. TINPOT.

I don't know during during there rough patch it looked like they might fall completely out of it so I would feel quite a lot of jubilation if I was them.

I've got more a problem with Ipswich fans singing about getting promoted when they beat us without about 15 games to go.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hate pitch invasions, simply hate them. Seeing a load of idiots jumping around on the pitch feels me with a kind of dread. Perhaps it's irrational on my part, but I hate the sight of them.

Get off the ****ing pitch!!!

Really? It's just a few people and a bit of grass.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Cant see your video! but I assume it's an example of when we have done it? assuming Swindon? although we did make the final! and I was on the pitch.

Ipswich, 1991. Wilkins curler, last minute. Half the north stand emptied onto the pitch when it went it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I hope they enjoy their pitch invasion for finishing 5th or 6th.

Nothing like celebrating a job half done.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Sorry but disagree. I love a good pitch invasion, especially after a cup win and I've nothing but kudos for the Brighton fan after the Man City game who was doing doughnuts in the centre circle with his wheelchair. That's the stuff of dreams, the stuff of champions.

Pitch invasion you say? Wheelchair you say?

Any excuse to 'wheel' out this classic

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sorry but disagree. I love a good pitch invasion, especially after a cup win and I've nothing but kudos for the Brighton fan after the Man City game who was doing doughnuts in the centre circle with his wheelchair. That's the stuff of dreams, the stuff of champions.

Just always been incredibly small town tinpot to my mind - I said it was irrational. I don't remember seeing Liverpool being crowned Champions amidst pitch invasions when I was younger, it was the preserve of clubs winning the 4th division, or like Hereford in the FA Cup. I sort of cringe at the sight of them. I'd rather leave the playing surface to the players.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I remember standing down the front of the North Stand at the Goldstone in the early 90s, next to one of the gates, and loads of people would pile onto the pitch every time we scored a goal. I think the gates were kept shut with cable ties or something - certainly didn't take much to get through.

:albion2:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Nothing better than a pitch invasion in my book, love them. QUite difficult to achieve at the AMEX though from one tier up!

Tend to be better when they are spontanious like v Man City. Don't recall there being any threads planning ahead for that one :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This thread is soo NSC:

Reading chat re pitch invasion: 3 pages
Albion chat about Reading chat about pitch invasion: 3 pages.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You'd surely feel a little foolish if you invaded the pitch on a Saturday to celebrate, and just 8 days later had been knocked out of the playoffs ???

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Hate pitch invasions, simply hate them. Seeing a load of idiots jumping around on the pitch feels me with a kind of dread. Perhaps it's irrational on my part, but I hate the sight of them.

Get off the ****ing pitch!!!

Especially as clubs spend thousands and thousands getting them just right and then 20,000 idiots dance all over it (oh no that's the 13th of June)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
good, nice bit of pressure and expectation building up then.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The ideal scenario is Reading fans invading the pitch after their draw with Burnley only to find out we have scored a last gasp injury time winner as they start celebrating thinking we've blown it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here