Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reaction back at work

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fantastic, Jackie who I have worked with for 10 years or so and is really good fun smugly booked her play-off final tickets this morning being a Watford STH

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Had yesterday off but was back in today. Nearly everyone I spoke to offered their sympathy as most people actually wanted Brighton to win, especially the 1 Watford fan. As for the 2 Palace fans, one was off today and I completely outfoxed the other by going straight up to him, offered a hand shake and said "well done, you deserved it"

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
At the school I teach at, I gave each class two minutes at the start to talk about the game, most surprisingly were sympathetic, they consider Brighton to be cool and a decent team to watch. I've been pleasantly surprised by everyone's kind reactions

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Had yesterday off but was back in today. Nearly everyone I spoke to offered their sympathy as most people actually wanted Brighton to win, especially the 1 Watford fan. As for the 2 Palace fans, one was off today and I completely outfoxed the other by going straight up to him, offered a hand shake and said "well done, you deserved it"

I'd have smacked him in the face,offered the handshake,but smacked him one......i would not have by the way,just the way i feel at the moment..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yep, next season, they'll get spanked against Watford and when we meet them next season no Haha, Murray will be shit again and the rest of the squad decimated because of F.F.P.
I hope :)

Footballs a funny game,who knows they could go up,get relegated after a season,we wave to them as we go up ourselves and we never see or hear from them again..for years.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I was 20 min late yesterday, I had trouble getting out of bed due to a storming hangover, as soon as I walked in my boss pointed at me and shouted loud enough so that everyone else on the shop floor could hear. "Haha, losing to Palace 2-0, you should be embarrassed with yourself. You won't be coming up to White Hart Lane next season then...."

He got a very loud "F**K YOU" in reply. I made a cup of coffee and sulked my way to the end of the factory to my machine and stayed there pretty much the whole day keeping myself to myself, no one really came to see me which suited me as I just wanted to get out of there, and also partly wanting to keep a low profile as I'd just sworn at my boss with venom.

Everything was back to normal today so no harm done, thank god.

What do you do? I've always thought it must be fun to work in a factory.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
only 4 of us where i work, walked in on tuesday, one said o dear, to which i replied 'i dont want to talk about it' kept my head down and just kept busy

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
work with many brighton season ticket holders and took a pounding after the 3-0 win,most to be fair say the best team won on the night and have taken iton the chin well

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
So how was it today, hope you all got through work unscathed with little or no piss taking. The blokes at work were pretty kind, most wanted us to go up and they could see how pissed off I was so no mickey taking.
*Note:- this not an excuse for palace to start ripping the piss again*

As I work with @wrong direction I slapped him a few times to try to get him out of his alcoholic stupor ---- then he slapped me back:eek:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Good to see ya back on the boards T.
Was a bit worried about you after Monday night especially after your melt down when you thought we wouldn't make the play offs in the 1st place.
I took the defeat quite well I thought on Monday I think after about 30 mins I could see the writing was on the wall and slumped lower & lower into my seat with every passing minute of our negativity so when Zahas goal went in it was no real shock
Next season I'm not interested in the play offs if we're not 1st or 2nd then were not good enough to go up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here