Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Re Saturday

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
unless there is significant movement in the transfer market between now and Saturday , I'm going to stamp my foot and not do the 220 mile round trip........anyone else ? Shame of it is, they've already got my money !:rock:

Shame on you, Sami and the boys deserve our unconditional support. I hope the atmosphere is electric on Saturday.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Crikey puts my 2 mile round trip to shame!

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I'm absolutely going. Really looking forwards to it, but might skip my usual pie, simply because I quite enjoy going to Street Diner on a Saturday for lunch. Nothing to do with the quality of the pies at the Amex.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The club must be monitoring this thread. Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: have been given another 250 tickets after selling out their initial allocation of 2,500.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
The faithful will turn out massively for this one, but with Greer, Dunk, Buckley, Lua Lua and CMS it will have a distinctly 2011 feel. I'm really interested to see how we play and hoping for a result, as for the recruiting of another striker, not going to be holding my breath. Just hope we have ambition and play an attacking formation (won't say two up front as this provokes all sorts of emotions on here). If CMS plays and gets the ball in a scoring position he will do the business for us!!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Sadly I think if no additions are forthcoming before Saturday and things aren't going our way, we could witness our first serious signs of dissent amongst home supporters.

Let's hope I'm wrong....

I'm not sure there'll be signs at the match, we need to get behind Hyypia and the team. It's not their fault what's happening.

However, I do feel more frustrated with the club than I have in a long time. I understand FFP and have stood up for the club all summer and said they're waiting to get the right people. It's not even the club's fault in a way as I wouldn't be feeling like this at the moment if we were led to believe we'd be getting the three new players in.

Hopefully over the next couple of days all this will change and we'll get a couple of good new signings but I can't see it at the moment.

kjgood

Hmmm, I'm doing the 410 mile round trip from South Wales on Saturday and the lack of a superstar signing before then will not deter me from doing that as I still believe the club know what they are doing far better than what my view as a supporter would be. Look at the advancements over the last four or five years,TBH I agree with the policy of incremental improvement year on year, step by step rather than boom or bust. Theres a long way to go as yet before the transfer and loan market closes who knows what irons we have in the fire?

Being selfish, i'm more worried about parking!! i cant use public transport, walk, run, cycle, or ride a horse to the ground no matter what the green brigade say.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Looking forward to it, new season full of optimism and all that. Only difference for me, we have made an executive decision that progs (the Amex Seasons alone are hernia material in the office room) and scratch tickets are things of yesteryear.

The club shall have to be creative and innovative with new ways to entice me to spend extra cash 'to enhance the matchday experience'.

Hope I still feel as excited come 5pm.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
180 mile round trip for me.

If no notable new signings by Thursday I will not be going.

Extremely frustrated by our inability to adequately recruit and apparent lack of investment.

If that makes me a bad fan then so be it. If the club won't put there hand in there pocket than neither will I

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
180 mile round trip for me.

If no notable new signings by Thursday I will not be going.

Extremely frustrated by our inability to adequately recruit and apparent lack of investment.

If that makes me a bad fan then so be it. If the club won't put there hand in there pocket than neither will I
If I hadn't got a Saturday night meal out in Hove with six fellow Wsu's, I might have forgone the seemingly inevitable 1st game anticlimax.... I cannot see any hope with the paper thin squad as it now exists.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
unless there is significant movement in the transfer market between now and Saturday , I'm going to stamp my foot and not do the 220 mile round trip........anyone else ? Shame of it is, they've already got my money !:rock:

So you werent there fir the Gillingham or withdean years then? Im sure things have been allot worse and ive turned up

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
So you werent there fir the Gillingham or withdean years then? Im sure things have been allot worse and ive turned up

untitled.png

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

As most of us did but it has very little bearing on our situation now, The fact that me, you or anybody went to the Goldstone, Gillingham or Withdean is not going to magic players into our threadbare squad for this season.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
The thing about a new season is that every fan in the country believes that it's going to be their club's year. However after the slow, boring , uninspiring dross served up last year and the failure to bring in any signings with the wow factor The Albion have managed to wipe out the feel good factor before a ball has been kicked. Are we the only club that have gone backwards in two and soon,quite possibly 3 consecutive transfer windows?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here