Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

re moving seats next season

Apr 24, 2011
I rang the shop today and I'm really not happy with what they have said

Why would I want to pay for a seat I do not like ,if I cancel I will go to back of waiting list ,if I renew they can't promise a move

Anyone feel this is out of order

Man on phone said we are the only club who does not charge to move seats then I said u don't move them anyway lol was going around in circles
I even offered to pay when he said that or give 200 to charity response was if I do it for u will have to do that for everyone
He also said everyone wants to move to halfway line this is where I'm already sitting I said and hate it

I'm a bit annoyed by this process

Zamo123

Mar 1, 2012
I've asked to move my seat as well and was told once theynhave the planning to add the extra seats then go back and see if they can move me then!!! Don't really know if that makes sense unless theirs a deadline for people to renew their season tickets

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just being curious. Where do you guys sit and why do you want to move?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Until we get planning permission there are no seats to move to because the odd few seats that become vacant have a waiting list of 3,000.
If we get planning permission there are 3,000 people in front of you waiting to get seats.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I've asked about this in Ask the Club: Changing your seat

There will be lots of fans who want to change their seats for next season. I hope the club have a system in place to deal with this.

Rocky Robin

Nov 15, 2010
Q. We have 2 season tickets WSL and my dad and uncle who also have season tickets WSL how would you go about sitting next to them?

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
I rang the shop today and I'm really not happy with what they have said

Why would I want to pay for a seat I do not like ,if I cancel I will go to back of waiting list ,if I renew they can't promise a move

Anyone feel this is out of order

Man on phone said we are the only club who does not charge to move seats then I said u don't move them anyway lol was going around in circles
I even offered to pay when he said that or give 200 to charity response was if I do it for u will have to do that for everyone
He also said everyone wants to move to halfway line this is where I'm already sitting I said and hate it

I'm a bit annoyed by this process

''Yeah but, but no but, but yeah but''

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
If we get planning permission there are 3,000 people in front of you waiting to get seats.

got to say i agree that any existing STHs should get first dibs on new seats

front of ESU will be in high demand and some people who've paid their money this season may want to move from a relatively poor seat in row A/B in lower tier etc

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I am struggling to see on what basis you can be upset with the club. You don't like your seat, well that's unfortunate. Where exactly would you like to sit? And out of interest, to accommodate you, if you get the seat you want, where do the club put the person who has that seat at the moment. Reality check. We sold 18,500 season tickets or there abouts. There aren't many spare seats to move to. It's also a bit glib by Kevo suggest there are loads of people wanting to change their seat. Maybe it's up to you to find someone who would swap places.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Q. We have 2 season tickets WSL and my dad and uncle who also have season tickets WSL how would you go about sitting next to them?

Maybe speak to the people around you to see if any would agree to change. I'm sure the club would accommodate this if it's just a simple process of swapping them over.

Apr 24, 2011
This season I have only sat in my seat 6 times I used to go to the shop each month and swap my seat for games per month in the same seat which is in w1b this was a seat that was available due to sth not paying there were lots available

I'm disapointed there are no process to move seat have your old seat or back of waiting list

I feel they just want your money this april and don't care if u are happy they make more work for themselfs as if they move me my dd will change too why not sort now as lots of sth did not pay last season s

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Just a query, why have a ST in a seat you don't like to start with?
Surely you had a choice?

People moan about the slightest things.
SHEEEESH

Apr 24, 2011
Club told me today if u meet someone who wants to swap you sort it between u it can't be done through the club

The club tell me different things all the time its why I get annoyed sorry to rant

I was also told I could have the seat I been swappin to when dd ends at end of year now the dd have ended I'm told maybe when dd have stared up again for a seat I don't want

Apr 24, 2011
I went to pick a seat at start of season late not a lot of choice I bought it on the basis swap next season the sales person said it would b easy

I'm sure I'm not the only person who is not happy wit this on here

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
If the club make it easy to swap seats they would set themselves up for a administrative nightmare. They might receive hundreds of requests and they would have to re-issue the plastics and potentially fart about with the DD (if the price changed).

All of this at a time when they will potentially be busy trying to sort out ST sales for the new seats, too much hassle if you ask me.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I am struggling to see on what basis you can be upset with the club. You don't like your seat, well that's unfortunate. Where exactly would you like to sit? And out of interest, to accommodate you, if you get the seat you want, where do the club put the person who has that seat at the moment. Reality check. We sold 18,500 season tickets or there abouts. There aren't many spare seats to move to. It's also a bit glib by Kevo suggest there are loads of people wanting to change their seat. Maybe it's up to you to find someone who would swap places.

Well, from the response on here it is obvious there are people who are unhappy where they currently are. This could be for a variety of reasons - you don't like the people next to you, you want to sit nearer friends, you have a crap view etc. I think you're forgetting that with the additional seats if people wanted to move they could do so without displacing anyone else.

I agree it might be an administrative nightmare for the club if it became a free-for-all, but on the other hand why should you be stuck with a seat you're not happy with for the rest of your life?

I think the best solution would be to have a 'window' before the new STs go on sale during which any STH who have requested a move can do so. This is also rewarding current STHs, who will get first dibs on the new seats. It seems rather unfair that people who are not current STHs are going to get some of the best seats in the stadium in the East Stand Upper. Existing fans should get priority.

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
I'm one of the 200 or so people in ESL G block that will have to move to accommodate the away fans.

I got a letter advising of this about a week or so ago. I rang up customer services who asked me where I'd like to move to. I said ESU as near to the half way line as I could.
My seat is now reserved - 4 rows from front, slightly to the north side of the half way line, but still inside the centre circle - well chuffed! And still have that great view of a full West Stand :)

For those wanting to move who are not being displaced, why not ring customer services and explain what you want to do; I'm sure they'll be as accommodating as possible. But I do agree that some kind of window before renewal to allow STH to move would be great. Some kind of seat swap managed by the club. Not everyone will get what they want, but there's a chance some or most might?

Then after the move window closes; the waiting list can have their go?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here