Re-create the old drone "Come On You Blues" at Falmer

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
"Come On You Blues" really used to create an atmosphere at the Goldstone. It's the one song all can sing young and old and timing didnt seem to matter too much. The West Stand would pump it up it would circle the stadium.

Personally used to love the deep old drone !

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Despite the fact that 1000's of people refer to the Albion as The Blues in this way, you don't want to be coming on NSC and suggesting this kind of heresy. You're gonna get a right kicking.

Aparently ONLY Birmingham are allowed to use the term.

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
if we did use that i'm quite sure we'd get abuse from other fans saying we've copied chelsea, birmingham (anyone who play in blue).

as i am a reasonably young supporter of the club although had a season ticket all through Withdean, i never had the chance to go to the Goldstone to i suppose i didn't know how it sounded but that's my opinion to anyone who didn't go to the Goldstone.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The one I loved was the one which was just a single note - that got louder slowly and was then interspersed with clapping.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh clap-clap clap-clap clap-clap-clap-clapclap Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
"Come On You Blues" really used to create an atmosphere at the Goldstone. It's the one song all can sing young and old and timing didnt seem to matter too much. The West Stand would pump it up it would circle the stadium.

Personally used to love the deep old drone !

Do you know I'd totally forgotten about that but that brings back a real childhood memory of the Goldstone. I guessed it died when the stripes returned? It was a bit of an 80's thing I recall.

Despite the fact that 1000's of people refer to the Albion as The Blues in this way, you don't want to be coming on NSC and suggesting this kind of heresy. You're gonna get a right kicking.

Apparently ONLY Birmingham are allowed to use the term.
As someone who was still a bit of a closet Blues supporter at the time, I remember feeling very heartened by hearing this chant sung by some Albion supporters at a tin-pot cup game or other against Birmingham City at the Goldstone. I even joined in.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill

Aparently ONLY Birmingham are allowed to use the term.

Oh dear ! Sorry TRHK ....wasn't meaning to be antagonistic with my thread but interesting replies, I'll take it as a NO ! Are you speaking from experience regarding the "kicking" ?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Oh dear ! Sorry TRHK ....wasn't meaning to be antagonistic with my thread but interesting replies, I'll take it as a NO ! Are you speaking from experience regarding the "kicking" ?

You didn't antagonise me at all - good to hear this one being aired. I guess it was an 80's thing when we had an all blue shirt. Seemed legitimate at the time (or at least that's what the 1000's who sung it on the terraces thought).

But times move on. Can't be any worse than "Al-be-on (higher notes). Al-be-on (lower notes). Al-be-on (higher notes). Al-be-on (lower notes). Al-be-on (higher notes). Al-be-on (lower notes). Al-be-on (higher notes). Al-be-on (lower notes). Al-be-on (higher notes). Al-be-on (lower notes). etc"

And yes, I got some stick over this back in the early days of NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports