Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Re: Closure of NSC ticket exchange

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
But what I'm saying is that they have no right to threaten NSC with this. They are not the law.

Who said they threatened NSC and who said they are the law. As far as I am aware they asked for the facility to be removed. And one point which I again make. THEY are not legally bound to let you enter the ground even if you have a ticket.buying a ticket does not give you any right to entry. I really can not see what the fuss is about, they have not said to me or to anyone else on here, that you can not give or sale your ticket to anyone else. Has anybody been told that, please say if you have. All people have to do is wait for someone to ask for a ticket, or use a network of friends.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
This wouldn't be a problem for me if they didn't make the official ticket exchange so intentionally useless.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
So if my friend was sniffing around for a spare for tomorrow, preferably but not necessarily in the WSU, how would my friend best go about that? Obviously this friend is a very bad criminal in the first place for even contemplating helping out a fellow Brighton fan with a spare.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So finally an answer from the club ( sadly not from [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ) - I get some of the points but it still feels somewhat "like it or lump it" rather than true fan engagement ( despite what Insider - or should that be Paul Barber - says ). So I'd still urge people to break the law !!!!!

NSC Ticket Exchange

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

So finally an answer from the club ( sadly not from [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ) - I get some of the points but it still feels somewhat "like it or lump it" rather than true fan engagement ( despite what Insider - or should that be Paul Barber - says ). So I'd still urge people to break the law !!!!!

NSC Ticket Exchange

Unfortunately this only reinforces my believe that bozza has rolled over on this. "Un-supportive" is a long way from seeking to shut down.

It's a great pity that bozza won't comment on this issue.

Having links with the club can be good for NSC but is this a case of NSC becoming too close.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Unfortunately this only reinforces my believe that bozza has rolled over on this.

Disagree, if you were threatened with a banning order I bet you would have done the same.

NSC is unique in the sense that we do allow the club to comment on issues via ATC, and we all know that Insider reads the board and occasionally posts on the main board too.

At the same time NSC is 100% independent of the club, and will never roll over. At times you have to pick your battles, and legal threats are those where it is best to back down.

You will notice that the Ticket Exchange forum still exists, but has had to be changed to keep within the law, or face legal sanctions. It is disappointing that the club has taken such a bullying approach IMO, when a more informal one would have resolved the issue and left a less bad taste in the mouth.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I would have thought anyone could challenge this if they wanted to, I do not think anyone has rolled over. I would rather be a fan inside the ground and lobbying for change. Rather then a banned one. I believe that only 20/30 people used this most weeks out of 24,000 odd STH, so not really worth losing your ST over. I sometimes think people have to pick and choose battles or what you wish for. The club will want to make the most revenue. They could except that this happens, therefore they may increase the cost of a ST to make it not worthwhile, or they may clamp down on everyone else who share their STs, which I would think is a lot higher then the 20 odd who use this forum

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Well this is annoying. As a consequence, I'll most likely not be renewing my season ticket unless work commitments change, and I doubt I'll buy many single tickets at £30+ for poor seats.

My season ticket for the rest of the season is also now for sale. PM if interested.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

Disagree, if you were threatened with a banning order I bet you would have done the same.

NSC is unique in the sense that we do allow the club to comment on issues via ATC, and we all know that Insider reads the board and occasionally posts on the main board too.

At the same time NSC is 100% independent of the club, and will never roll over. At times you have to pick your battles, and legal threats are those where it is best to back down.

You will notice that the Ticket Exchange forum still exists, but has had to be changed to keep within the law, or face legal sanctions. It is disappointing that the club has taken such a bullying approach IMO, when a more informal one would have resolved the issue and left a less bad taste in the mouth.

Is that a confirmation that the club threatened to ban bozza unless he closed or modified the exchange?

Jam

Jan 19, 2012
Surely if anyone wanted to 'give away' a ticket then that is completely legal. As long as posters are made fully aware that nsc will not tolerate ticket touting and any tickets advertised are strictly to be given for 'free' then nsc can't be legally at fault.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

Surely if anyone wanted to 'give away' a ticket then that is completely legal. As long as posters are made fully aware that nsc will not tolerate ticket touting and any tickets advertised are strictly to be given for 'free' then nsc can't be legally at fault.

No. This isn't a commercial law, its a law intended to prevent disorder at football grounds. Which is why it's very poor form for the club to use this as (the primary) a reason for shutting down the NSC exchange.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here