Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Re: Closure of NSC ticket exchange

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If I walk into the club shop and pay cash for a ticket they don't know who I am either.

They will know the name you bought it under, and chances are you know them. If you go to the trouble of getting fake names to buy tickets, chances are you're not just a regular fan who has had one too many beers and got carried away, but a regular trouble maker and will be known to police so will be identified from cctv.

(again, devil's advocating here)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sometimes it's more tenuous than that. For example for the Birmingham game I used the ticket belonging to my son's girlfriend's sister's boyfriend's uncle. I never even met the man! (But I paid him the pro-rata value. Yeah yeah yeah, bad fan defrauding the club etc)

But there is a line to follow and find you that doesn't often exist on ticket exchanges.

There is also a certain self-policing, I suppose. You know what the person you're lending your ticket to is like if they are family a friend (or there is an implied agreement of good behaviour through distant family relations) and aren't likely to risk your ticket with someone who would cause trouble, you can't guarantee that with strangers.

(again, devil's advocate - I've given unused tickets to friends before)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well, the NSC facilitation of passing on your ST helped me a lot, so I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Bozza/mods who administered it while it was there.

I wouldn't have been able to afford to have a ST without clawing some money back as I worked a lot of matchdays, and couldn't have regular afforded the much higher matchday prices.

I know for a fact those using them have been able enjoy the family area, as it suited their needs to a tee. And they obviously paid less on a pro rata basis with me than they would have with the club.

The whole thing was resoundingly positive - except for the club, who only got one lot of £20, and not the two they now demand. Sheer greed.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No, can I not have an opinion that is not the same as yours. I am not the one who has a ST and is trying to change the terms of it, because it does not suit my needs. Read the small print and if you do not like, do not get one. The club gave it to you at a reduced rate compared to buying match to match basis. And they say you can use the club exchange. That's where I would have an issue They could put your ticket on the market, as soon as you confirm you will not be attending. They could also maybe do half season tickets. Then they could also reward to people who attend every match. The club could do a lot more. But I do not think it is unreasonable for a company to try and stop selling tickets at reduced market rate. Would you be happy if they allowed you to sell your Ticket at the market rate?

No-one is suggesting you are not allowed to have an opinion, it was a simple question. By the way, this is a message board and not real life, although it reflects real life, hence we have so many opinions on here. I understand your point of view and I am not arguing with it. I don't really care

My point in all of this is the club have already sold the ticket ...to the season ticket holder....yes of course, it is at a reduced rate, but there again that is a thanks for buying a whole seasons worth of tickets as opposed to just a match to match ticket. I take it the conversation in Barber's office discussed that people are getting into see the game at a price that is less than they would charge at the ticket office, ie full match price less ST value......but that is always going to happen when you have season tickets.

Personally I have a st and if there are times that I can't go like cricket season or holidays at easter etc etc , I will let my mates have my ticket....do I lie in my bed worrying about this, no do I f***. the albion have had my money for this ticket and as far as I am concerned, if it is me or someone else who uses it, then great. If that person wants to compensate me for the cost of the ticket, then again great if not then they can have it for nought....if they ( the club)start to become arsey about this then f*** em...my seat will remain empty and the people who would have had the ticket wont get a pint/pie/programme/sweeties etc etc. If they want to cut off their nose to spite their face, then fine by me.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Well, the NSC facilitation of passing on your ST helped me a lot, so I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Bozza/mods who administered it while it was there.

I wouldn't have been able to afford to have a ST without clawing some money back as I worked a lot of matchdays, and couldn't have regular afforded the much higher matchday prices.

I know for a fact those using them have been able enjoy the family area, as it suited their needs to a tee. And they obviously paid less on a pro rata basis with me than they would have with the club.

The whole thing was resoundingly positive - except for the club, who only got one lot of £20, and not the two they now demand. Sheer greed.

Good post

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Do you get money back if you offer your season ticket up for exchange?

Only in the unlikely event they actually sell it. The exchange is designed purely to mop up tickets, that have already been paid for, to take them out of circulation so that the club can sell the rest of the seats in the stadium.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
This may have been asked before on this thread or elsewhere but I can't be bothered to read 19 pages......is it legal for you to give your ticket away?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

This may have been asked before on this thread or elsewhere but I can't be bothered to read 19 pages......is it legal for you to give your ticket away?

No. Not even to friends and family. So if the club says that you can then they are encouraging you to break the law.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

The club does benefit however if the person to whom you sell your ticket buys a programme/pie/merchandise etc on the day. I find their attitude staggering.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The club does benefit however if the person to whom you sell your ticket buys a programme/pie/merchandise etc on the day. I find their attitude staggering.

Indeed. Arguably they spend more than I would on these things, especially the merchandise, as infrequent visitors.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

Well, last night Paul Barber said that he understood tickets being passed to family members and friends if someone couldn't go but didn't want them advertised on a 'pay for' basis

I don't think the club should be allowed to get away with using the law selectively. Either they want the law to be upheld or they don't and the law isn't in place to protect their bottom line.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't think the club should be allowed to get away with using the law selectively. Either they want the law to be upheld or they don't and the law isn't in place to protect their bottom line.

Very good point. What difference does it make if a deal is done off-line between friends as opposed to on NSC? It's the same deal. This whole saga stinks and is very very petty indeed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When Barber first arrived he fed all the various supporter groups the trite line about listening and his door always being open. Are there any examples where he has listened to the fans and changed his stance? Or were his hackneyed lines the usual bullshit someone like him feels compelled to utter?

Well, last night Paul Barber said that he understood tickets being passed to family members and friends if someone couldn't go but didn't want them advertised on a 'pay for' basis

I'm curious as to what has actually changed then (hence my question, which is really directed to Bozza). Isn't this exactly the position both last season and when we were at Withdean - except perhaps for an informal "don't take the piss please" caviat?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

It would cost more money to implement and time, unless they did spot checks. I think the club know that it goes on and accept that. However what they are saying is for people not to make it obvious and advertise on a website.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

It would cost more money to implement and time, unless they did spot checks. I think the club know that it goes on and accept that. However what they are saying is for people not to make it obvious and advertise on a website.

But what I'm saying is that they have no right to threaten NSC with this. They are not the law.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here