Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Re: Closure of NSC ticket exchange

i tend to work weekends and therefore struggle to make some of the 3pm saturday games. I USED to just GIVE my ST to friends or family, free of charge, to go to the game. These are people who would never have bought a ticket on their own from the club. I did this because i'm of the opinion that i prefer SOMEONE to be sitting in my seat rather than no-one. These people would still be spending on money on refreshments and merchandise i'm sure, but when you havent already shelled out 40 quid for a ticket thats not so hard to do. If you're gonna spend 40 quid on a ticket, then another 10/20 if not more on in Amex purchases, it becomes a very expensive afternoon out, which as i have mentioned before, the people i was lending my ticket to cant afford.

So now, thanks to Barbers Bullies i will be leaving my seat empty. So any revenue they may have made through sales from me lending out my ticket have gone, because these people wont be able to buy a ticket to go to yhe game as its too damn expensive! This reduces the chances of converting more people to being fans and all that. Community club my arse.

To be fair, you can still do that.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
and lets be honest, it is maybe a few dozen tickets being exchaned via the ticket exchange. so lets say 40 tickets. Out of 25,000! so if the club were to sell those 40 tickets at face value, which, lets be honest at least half of those wouldnt be willing to play, the club have lost out on a maximum revenue of £1600. Over the course of 21 games the club are potentially losing out on c £32,000. which in my opinion, in the world of football, is peanuts. Is it worth creating this much bad feeling over a fraction of the first team squads weekly salary?!

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
i tend to work weekends and therefore struggle to make some of the 3pm saturday games. I USED to just GIVE my ST to friends or family, free of charge, to go to the game. These are people who would never have bought a ticket on their own from the club. I did this because i'm of the opinion that i prefer SOMEONE to be sitting in my seat rather than no-one. These people would still be spending on money on refreshments and merchandise i'm sure, but when you havent already shelled out 40 quid for a ticket thats not so hard to do. If you're gonna spend 40 quid on a ticket, then another 10/20 if not more on in Amex purchases, it becomes a very expensive afternoon out, which as i have mentioned before, the people i was lending my ticket to cant afford.

So now, thanks to Barbers Bullies i will be leaving my seat empty. So any revenue they may have made through sales from me lending out my ticket have gone, because these people wont be able to buy a ticket to go to yhe game as its too damn expensive! This reduces the chances of converting more people to being fans and all that. Community club my arse.

Bat, you are perfectly at liberty to give your season ticket to friends/family when you can't go as far as the club is concerned - that is not a problem.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Bat, you are perfectly at liberty to give your season ticket to friends/family when you can't go as far as the club is concerned - that is not a problem.

oh. so its got nothing to do with an identfiable person in an identifiable seat then. it is all down to the money.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Precisely. I used the exchange because £34 plus spending money was too much to stretch to. £20 plus spending money is far more realistic. The club will now lose my spending money ( agreed it's probably a small amount in the great scheme of things ) but more importantly, with me going less I'm much less likely to spend money in the shop. In fact I'm very inclined to not even make the trips especially for presents that I have in the past - I'll spend my money in businesses that appreciate my custom.

This rubbish about knowing who is in a seat is just that, rubbish. I've never been asked for ID when I purchased tickets - all I've needed is a fan number and cash. No verification was asked for when I setup my fan number so how do the club know I am who I say I am ?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Re: Closure of NSC ticket exchange

Mountains and molehills spring to mind!
I'm sure that a private ticket exchange will carry on among the NSC underworld. It just won't be advertised that's all.... Were all these posts necessary? Really?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

That discriminates against those STH who do not have friends and family who support the club though. There is a real danger that these people will not renew their tickets and so the club will lose money.

Looking at the NSC ticket exchange, we traditionally dealt with 30-40 tickets per match. The club's North Korean approach is irritating far more than that though.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Never has the phrase "hammer to crack a walnut" been so apt.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That discriminates against those STH who do not have friends and family who support the club though. There is a real danger that these people will not renew their tickets and so the club will lose money.

Looking at the NSC ticket exchange, we traditionally dealt with 30-40 tickets per match. The club's North Korean approach is irritating far more than that though.

Not renew their tickets? Doesn't it work out that a NS ST means you'd have to only be attending 14 matches or less of the 23 to make it financial sense not to renew (assuming you purchase £28 match day tickets). At current matchday prices, and an ST waiting list, where do you imagine the club is actually going to lose money? They'll either sell the ST's again, or only need to sell the individual seat for 15 games to make their money back.

The argument for a ticket exchange for the fans is a valid and good one, but it is not an economic one.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
oh. so its got nothing to do with an identfiable person in an identifiable seat then. it is all down to the money.

You know your friend or family member you give the ticket to, you won't always know the person you give your ticket to through a ticket exchange.(Though, yes, I suspect it's more about the money, just playing devil's advocate)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You know your friend or family member you give the ticket to, you won't always know the person you give your ticket to through a ticket exchange.(Though, yes, I suspect it's more about the money, just playing devil's advocate)

Sometimes it's more tenuous than that. For example for the Birmingham game I used the ticket belonging to my son's girlfriend's sister's boyfriend's uncle. I never even met the man! (But I paid him the pro-rata value. Yeah yeah yeah, bad fan defrauding the club etc)

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Oh and just as a marker for [MENTION=24564]Steve.S[/MENTION] I just went to a big Liverpool forum (Red and White Kop) and they have a ticket exchange set up much along the same lines as ours. Can't imagine it's not in L'pool T&C's but seems OK for them[/

Edit post

Last edited:

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
for the Birmingham game I used the ticket belonging to my son's girlfriend's sister's boyfriend's uncle.

Is that one of those lateral thinking logic puzzles? Did you in fact borrow your own ticket?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

If I walk into the club shop and pay cash for a ticket they don't know who I am either.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
and lets be honest, it is maybe a few dozen tickets being exchaned via the ticket exchange. so lets say 40 tickets. Out of 25,000! so if the club were to sell those 40 tickets at face value, which, lets be honest at least half of those wouldnt be willing to play, the club have lost out on a maximum revenue of £1600. Over the course of 21 games the club are potentially losing out on c £32,000. which in my opinion, in the world of football, is peanuts. Is it worth creating this much bad feeling over a fraction of the first team squads weekly salary?!

Not exactly losing out they already had the money from the original season ticket holder.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
Yes football is about revenue. Not feeling good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here