Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Re: Closure of NSC ticket exchange

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Steve.S;5363888The problem on here is that people have drawn attention to the fact said:
Why ? They've turned a blind eye for many a season so why all of a sudden do they decide to flex their power ? The police don't seem to be bothered so the best way forward is for people to continue to break the law.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
How is this going to effect you then, I make most games and some away games. If I could not make it, I have a few friends that I could text or e-mail to see if they want it. No need to advertise on here and draw attention to it. The problem on here is that people have drawn attention to the fact, which leaves the club with little else to do but to try and stop it. The way forward is to open a thread for a couple of days and maybe people could leave an e-mail address as a contact should any tickets become available. People could then build a network of people who they could privately and away from here sort out tickets.
As you say you know a lot of people on here, so I would assume you have their contact details should the need arise.
Well it doesn't affect me, I've never once got a ticket through NSC as I do have my own friends who don't post on here. But you haven't answered my question though. Would it be ok for TLO to put a thread on here as opposed to contacting loads of people individually?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
theres an official ticket exchange now so this "i wont buy a ST because i cant get to all games" is a bit silly as you can still pass on your ticket. this issue is like the standing thing, everyone getting indignat at the club because they turned a blind eye to something for while, people werent very discreet about it now they have to be seen to enforce the law. you arent allowed to sell on tickets to football. its shit, but thats the law, why its this the clubs fault?
Only if the match sells out. If it doesn't then the official ticket exchange doesn't open.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I wonder how long before Ask the Club is closed down too. Insider doesn't seem to like answering the more difficult questions put to him.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I wonder how long before Ask the Club is closed down too. Insider doesn't seem to like answering the more difficult questions put to him.

He does not usually work Mondays.

Suspect he is waiting for an 'official' answer to at least one question, no doubt worded by the clubs' solicitors.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
So if someone - say, I dunno, someone of my general size, shape and build (i.e. a fat sod) - was after a spare ticket for Saturday but didn't fancy sitting behind a goal, wanted to enquire as to whether any other fans had any, then the club that WE all saved from extinction would get shitty with this person about that? Have I understood this correctly? If so, what the actual f*ck?!

And obviously no-one should commit the heinous outrage of PMing me to offer any possible spares. Perish the very thought. What kind of crook would do that?

Unless I'm missing something, this is a pretty dire turn of events.

DanielT

So if I had 1 adult and 2 u10 tickets in the WSU and 1 adult and 2 u10s in the ESU but cannot go on Saturday I guess they're just going to be empty seats. Proper shame that, but that's the way the law is. Oh well

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Only if the match sells out. If it doesn't then the official ticket exchange doesn't open.

i wasnt aware of that feature. rather than whine uncontrollably about it, why dont people put forward a reasoned request to the club to make it available as soon as a game is on sale, to facilitate all those who brought a ST expecting an exchange programme to be in place (im sure this was mentioned originally). point remains that people were being far too blatant with unofficial ticket exchange that had to end sometime.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
i wasnt aware of that feature. rather than whine uncontrollably about it, why dont people put forward a reasoned request to the club to make it available as soon as a game is on sale, to facilitate all those who brought a ST expecting an exchange programme to be in place (im sure this was mentioned originally). point remains that people were being far too blatant with unofficial ticket exchange that had to end sometime.
We still don't know that it WAS the club who clamped down, until then people will continue to 'whine' and with justification. When we know for sure that it was them then perhaps representation can be made. Don't forget as well that when it was set up the NSC exchange had the semi-official blessing of the club (I'm sure there's a quote from Martin Perry somewhere to that effect)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Because it's not in the best interest of the club. They have already got the revenue for that seat and (reasonably) want to get revenue from all the others. Once that's done then activate the exchange ... they take a cut but nothing like the 100% they get from selling an empty seat.

The thing about the NSC exchange is it's relatively small numbers, the impact on the club has to be negligible and there's a good will trade off that I wouldn't dismiss totally. Shutting down the NSC exchange won't stop informal "trading" of tickets so the club maybe get the benefit of a handful of tickets ... I can't see the commercial logic for that

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I can't understand the fuss about the closure, when tickets at Withdean were scarce and games sold out I could understand the need and used it myself to pass on spare tickets. Now if you want to go then just go to the ticket office and buy a ticket knowing that all the proceeds go directly to the club and paying for the AMEX and the team budget.

It was explained quite clearly at my season ticket presentation that if you wanted to pass on your ticket then you needed to buy the PSL so why people are surprised about this I don't know and it is not if they are strictly enforcing the tickets/seat are not transferable ruling yet.

No business would ever be sustainable if they allowed the blatant advertising and selling of a product cheaper than they were selling themselves.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We still don't know that it WAS the club who clamped down, until then people will continue to 'whine' and with justification. When we know for sure that it was them then perhaps representation can be made. Don't forget as well that when it was set up the NSC exchange had the semi-official blessing of the club (I'm sure there's a quote from Martin Perry somewhere to that effect)

I can't see who else would have. I'm sure our overworked, under resourced Police didn't decide to take this on. It's hardly industrial scale crime, a few people who can't make a game exchanging a ticket for no profit. It's simply not something the police would want to get involved with imo.

I can't see it was anyone but the club and assume that Bozza has already made full representations to them and his OP was really the point at which he concluded he couldn't challenge any further

All assumptive but the sensible in me can't come up with anything better

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Well it doesn't affect me, I've never once got a ticket through NSC as I do have my own friends who don't post on here. But you haven't answered my question though. Would it be ok for TLO to put a thread on here as opposed to contacting loads of people individually?

I did not answer, as I am not responsible for what is or is not allowed on here.Thats a job for the moderators. My point is that being a STH I have T&Cs to adhere to. I am tired of the argument that the club has turned a blind eye as with the standing issue as well. The club is still finding its way, it was a club a few years ago at a ground that had a capacity of over 8,000 and did not fill that every week. Now it get crowds of around 25/26000 for home games. So we are now talking big numbers and every revenue avenue has to be explored. It can not seem to be allowed to allow a website to advertise tickets it has already sold, when it has seats that remain unsold. And yes there is a case for the club to review how they put the seats on the market and leave the cheaper ones until the last minute and the areas around the ground. But for people to come on here and moan about something that is clearly against the T&CS of a ST is laughable. Just because you have done it for a year or less, because like I said the Weathdean did not hold 26,000. So it only a recent problem. If you want to share you ST out, then do so quietly and without fuss, but don't moan about it like its a right

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
So if I had 1 adult and 2 u10 tickets in the WSU and 1 adult and 2 u10s in the ESU but cannot go on Saturday I guess they're just going to be empty seats. Proper shame that, but that's the way the law is. Oh well

Yes, although as you have already paid it would not much difference. The market for tickets has shrunk as the capacity rises. who in their right mind would let STHs sell their seats to other people for cheaper then the club can sell its tickets. People on here seem to be at odds with how many people are doing this. Maybe if we knew the extent we could make a judgement. However for the club to put up the cost of printing tickets earlier in the season, I would think its higher then people think.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I did not answer, as I am not responsible for what is or is not allowed on here.Thats a job for the moderators. My point is that being a STH I have T&Cs to adhere to. I am tired of the argument that the club has turned a blind eye as with the standing issue as well. The club is still finding its way, it was a club a few years ago at a ground that had a capacity of over 8,000 and did not fill that every week. Now it get crowds of around 25/26000 for home games. So we are now talking big numbers and every revenue avenue has to be explored. It can not seem to be allowed to allow a website to advertise tickets it has already sold, when it has seats that remain unsold. And yes there is a case for the club to review how they put the seats on the market and leave the cheaper ones until the last minute and the areas around the ground. But for people to come on here and moan about something that is clearly against the T&CS of a ST is laughable. Just because you have done it for a year or less, because like I said the Weathdean did not hold 26,000. So it only a recent problem. If you want to share you ST out, then do so quietly and without fuss, but don't moan about it like its a right
Ok, I'm not going to pursue it. Re your last sentence, it's not so much the squashing of the Exchange that I'm moaning about, as I said I never used it and I quite accept it was technically against the T&Cs. What pissed me off is the fact the club felt it necessary to take action against a single channel that was at most responsible for a dozen or so transactions a game. The T&Cs will still be breached by myself and others as we swap tickets privately (as we always have done) and this decision will make the club at best £70 or so per match in legitimate sales from people who really want to attend and had previously used NSC. The rest won't bother. In return it has cost the club some goodwill. They (and you) obviously think it's worth it but I don't. But we've been here before and I know you don't agree!

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Yes, although as you have already paid it would not much difference. The market for tickets has shrunk as the capacity rises. who in their right mind would let STHs sell their seats to other people for cheaper then the club can sell its tickets. People on here seem to be at odds with how many people are doing this. Maybe if we knew the extent we could make a judgement. However for the club to put up the cost of printing tickets earlier in the season, I would think its higher then people think.

Because the wider interpretation (and for wider I mean ticketing across lots of sports, events etc) of the ticketing terms and conditions is that they are unlawful. Specifically that its not reasonable in a contract for you to restrict a person's ability to resell their own property. Ticketing companies get away with it either because people don't challenge them or that they have no means on enforcing it.

Now it's muddied in football becuase of the law but as we've discussed before the intention of that Act was to stop away fans getting hold of tickets, not to allow clubs a way of maximising revenue.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If you take a look carefully, we now have a TICKETS WANTED section on NSC, this means that if someone wants to buy a ticket they can express their interest. If people conduct their business by PM and/or phone this is strictly illegal, but I suspect The Sweeney won't be breaking down your door.

There is no longer a TICKETS FOR SALE section, so no one can advertise tickets and therefore NSC is not breaking the law.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If you take a look carefully, we now have a TICKETS WANTED section on NSC, this means that if someone wants to buy a ticket they can express their interest. If people conduct their business by PM and/or phone this is strictly illegal, but I suspect The Sweeney won't be breaking down your door.

There is no longer a TICKETS FOR SALE section, so no one can advertise tickets and therefore NSC is not breaking the law.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here