Re: Closure of NSC ticket exchange

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sully, its all to do with other commitments, some times I will only know an hour beore kick off if I can go, and I don't think I can get tickets that late. I may be wrong, please let me know, if you know better.

I'd have thought it unlikely to get one through NSC at that point, too. I certainly wouldn't be on NSC an hour before kick off if I wasn't able to go to the game, and certainly wouldn't be able to get my ticket to someone else at that point. :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sully, its all to do with other commitments, some times I will only know an hour beore kick off if I can go, and I don't think I can get tickets that late. I may be wrong, please let me know, if you know better.

I thought that you could ring the ticket office up to an hour before kick off (assuming you can get through) buy a ticket, have it confirmed on your mobile, use the confirmation to travel to the Amex, and pick up a ticket at one of the booths set aside for that purpose?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I thought that you could ring the ticket office up to an hour before kick off (assuming you can get through) buy a ticket, have it confirmed on your mobile, use the confirmation to travel to the Amex, and pick up a ticket at one of the booths set aside for that purpose?
Almost. On the standard trains and buses you can't use anything other than a match ticket as a travel voucher. The P&R buses however will accept proof of purchase as permission to travel.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Rubbish - if you don't recognise the number called let it go to VM and if it's someone valid they'll leave a message.

Feel free to give out your number then, you will get endless texts advertising such as PPI and have you had an accident. Then it can always be put up in toilets advertising for man on websites it's endless really, as well as crank calls, yes you can let it go to voice mail. I had a friend who put their number online, they had to get a new SIM card. You would be surprised how many calls you can get in a day. So one put an advert for a free flat screen TV to collector, they had over 40 calls in one day for that one. But that's ok let voice mail spend all day answering your phone.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Feel free to give out your number then, you will get endless texts advertising such as PPI and have you had an accident. Then it can always be put up in toilets advertising for man on websites it's endless really, as well as crank calls, yes you can let it go to voice mail. I had a friend who put their number online, they had to get a new SIM card. You would be surprised how many calls you can get in a day. So one put an advert for a free flat screen TV to collector, they had over 40 calls in one day for that one. But that's ok let voice mail spend all day answering your phone.

I already have in this thread and have on many other forums and I don't get that many crank calls. It's hardly an effort to let it go to VM and ring back if it's someone you wish to speak to.

So, I'll repeat, if anyone has spare tickets for any midweek evening games they want to dispose of then get hold of me on 07971 169553 - stuff the law and Paul Barber !

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I already have in this thread and have on many other forums and I don't get that many crank calls. It's hardly an effort to let it go to VM and ring back if it's someone you wish to speak to.

So, I'll repeat, if anyone has spare tickets for any midweek evening games they want to dispose of then get hold of me on 07971 169553 - stuff the law and Paul Barber !

I sometimes have midweek tickets available. Your number noted!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Would not be so bad if the club resold retuned tickets by season ticket holders 1st , rather than selling the less desireables , with a 30k stadium not far off i cant see it selling out too many times during a season in the championship.

Whoever and whatever caused the nsc ticket exchange to close the club should respond in a positive way and agree to sell returned tickets by season ticket holders first so they at least re-coup some of the money , a lot of things have happend over the past few weeks that have upset quite a few supporters (customers) perhaps this is a chance for the club to do the right thing concerning returned tickets .

For what its worth i cant recall seeing a ticket up for sale on the nsc exchange for over the set price and found it a great way to shift my ticket if i could not make a game , shame its gone but im sure people will find a way around it if the club continue with its current policy of holding back returns .

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
did anyone find out who put the kybosh on this?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
I too cannot make the odd game, just saying.......:hilton:

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Perhaps we could have a '*** Official - Going to the xxxxxx game ***' thread... with posts like 'I am disappointed not to be able to use my ST in WSU...' ?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
"I would like to spend some time in the vicinity of Falmer pond next Saturday from around 3 o'clock. If there is anybody who usually goes to the vicinity of Falmer pond on Saturday afternoons but can't make it this weekend - can I borrow your deckchair?"

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
"I would like to spend some time in the vicinity of Falmer pond next Saturday from around 3 o'clock. If there is anybody who usually goes to the vicinity of Falmer pond on Saturday afternoons but can't make it this weekend - can I borrow your deckchair?"

It is illegal to advertise tickets for sale, but it is not illegal to ask on the ticket exchange if anyone has a spare ticket. If someone replies via a PM then I don't think the law will have been broken.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

It is illegal to advertise tickets for sale, but it is not illegal to ask on the ticket exchange if anyone has a spare ticket. If someone replies via a PM then I don't think the law will have been broken.

Of course they have. They've completed a criminal act through someone Selling on their ticket. The difference is that the agreement will take place in private and so is undetectable. The fact remains though that NSC will have been used to exchange tickets, just in a remarkably clumsy and farcical way.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

Of course they have. They've completed a criminal act through someone Selling on their ticket. The difference is that the agreement will take place in private and so is undetectable. The fact remains though that NSC will have been used to exchange tickets, just in a remarkably clumsy and farcical way.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Fair enough, what I (clumsily) was trying to say that NSC is not guilty of committing the crime, no more than the telephone company is for the call that seals the deal.........I think.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Please could somebody tell me unequivocally, yes or no, is it illegal to give my ticket, that's in my name, to a friend or relative, for zero pounds / zilch pennies?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports