Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Re: Closure of NSC ticket exchange

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Absolute rubbish - I've used 5 complete strangers smart cards and either arranged to meet them post match to give it back or posted it back.

At some point it will be possible to clone Smartcards, and when that happens I'd be extremely careful about who I gave mine to. Once cloned, I could potentially lose access to the ground completely, and only be aware of it when the turnstile fails to open.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
The simple answer is to trash the official Ticket Exchange then. No administrative costs to cover then. And let's be honest it's crap and only kicked in what once or twice ?

And that means the authorities will allow NSC to flout the law? It just doesn't work that way. If the law says no transfer/reselling of tickets except via the club, then anyone who does it is open to the consequences, you, me Bozza, Ticketmaster, some bloke on e-bay or a tout hanging around Brighton Station. The law doesn't apply to a few, it applies universally to everyone.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And that means the authorities will allow NSC to flout the law? It just doesn't work that way. If the law says no transfer/reselling of tickets except via the club, then anyone who does it is open to the consequences, you, me Bozza, Ticketmaster, some bloke on e-bay or a tout hanging around Brighton Station. The law doesn't apply to a few, it applies universally to everyone.

I really don't think the authorities care that much ( I'm obviously excluding the club from that ). Even Darren Balkham has said the law wasn't designed to stop individuals swapping tickets - it was designed to stop wholesale touting but designed very very badly.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I really don't think the authorities care that much ( I'm obviously excluding the club from that ). Even Darren Balkham has said the law wasn't designed to stop individuals swapping tickets - it was designed to stop wholesale touting but designed very very badly.

And it doesn't stop individuals Swapping tickets, all that is now happening is that the tickets are being exchanged legit, with the Club knowing the names and addresses of exactly who is on the recipient side of the transaction.

Under Bozza's scheme, people who are banned from attending football can flout their ban and still get in.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
And it doesn't stop individuals Swapping tickets, all that is now happening is that the tickets are being exchanged legit, with the Club knowing the names and addresses of exactly who is on the recipient side of the transaction.

Under Bozza's scheme, people who are banned from attending football can flout their ban and still get in.

Like they could by getting a mate to buy a ticket. Do you honestly believe that the club have done this in order to prevent disorder?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
So we'll have to think up alternatives:

Main Board post:
Interesting opportunity available
For 26 Jan in the Brighton area. PM me if interested.

Something along these lines?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

Apart of cross from the fact that the ticket exhange has only operated once or twice as most of the time tickets are still available from the club.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Like they could by getting a mate to buy a ticket. Do you honestly believe that the club have done this in order to prevent disorder?

If you have a football banning order you'll be asked to report to a Police Station at certain times, those times will be such that you cannot conceivably be at the Stadium and the Police Station simultaneously. But I accept that there are ways and means of working around that. The point is that an unregulated NSC exchange means that a banned person has the ability to attend a match and be completely untraceable. An official exchange produces a paper trail ( i.e. the 'mate' has to supply his own fan number, name and address, or produce his own season ticket) that can lead Police Officers to establish that someone was complicit in the offence of breaching a banning order, and the Club could then take appropriate action against the third party (most likely revoking their season ticket).

Last edited:

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
All this really stops is people passing on their ticket to someone they didn't know before, through the medium of NSC. That's quite a narrow category of people, really - hard to believe this ties in with a thought-out strategy on the part of the Albion administration.

It'd be more alarming if they tried to clamp down on STHs passing on to people we know.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

Actually the club won't because thankfully there are people still willing to break the "law" - all they've done is make it more difficult for those wanting to get rid of a ticket to find those wanting to buy a ticket.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Actually the club won't because thankfully there are people still willing to break the "law" - all they've done is make it more difficult for those wanting to get rid of a ticket to find those wanting to buy a ticket.

As I said in my earlier post, the Club will have names, addreses and fan details of those who are prepared to break the law and can revoke the season tickets ( i.e. deactivate the Smartcard ) of any third party involved in helping someone breach a ban.

As a season ticket holder I don't want to be held accountable for someone elses misdemeanours. If I hand over my Smartcard to a complete stranger I have absolutely no idea if they are going to cause trouble or not. I'm not saying Westdene that you have used the system to breach a banning order, but that's the Sanction I could possibly face if I gave my Smartcard to yourself, when I don't know you from Adam.

Last edited:

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
As I said in my earlier post, the Club will have names, addreses and fan details of those who are prepared to break the law and can revoke the season tickets ( i.e. deactivate the Smartcard ) of any third party involved in helping someone breach a ban.

As a season ticket holder I don't want to be held accountable for someone elses misdemeanours. If I hand over my Smartcard to a complete stranger I have absolutely no idea if they are going to cause trouble or not. I'm not saying Westdene that you have used the system to breach a banning order, but that's the Sanction I could possibly face if I gave my Smartcard to yourself, when I don't know you from Adam.

The trouble is you do not always know who you sell your ticket too. For much of the time it's fine, however if whoever you sell your ticket to causes unrest or gets kicked out, then it's you ST. It's a risky business in the first place. Maybe people who have north stand tickets need to be more careful at the moment. The stewards seem to be clamping down on standing. If someone has your ticket and gets kicked out, it might effect your chances of getting in the next game. I just can not see why the club cannot sale your ticket and give you a cut. Put it straight into the pot and let the punters decide if they want your seat.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
If you have a football banning order you'll be asked to report to a Police Station at certain times, those times will be such that you cannot conceivably be at the Stadium and the Police Station simultaneously. But I accept that there are ways and means of working around that. The point is that an unregulated NSC exchange means that a banned person has the ability to attend a match and be completely untraceable. An official exchange produces a paper trail ( i.e. the 'mate' has to supply his own fan number, name and address, or produce his own season ticket) that can lead Police Officers to establish that someone was complicit in the offence of breaching a banning order, and the Club could then take appropriate action against the third party (most likely revoking their season ticket).

know of plenty of lads banned home and away that still got in ground tbh

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

Thankfully not ! Well the club can swivel if they think they're really going to stop it. I already have 4 people lined up who will sell me their ticket when they can't make it and I don't know two of them. That's how poorly Barber's plan really works !

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I wonder if there are many like me who may not renew their season ticket next year if the club start clamping down on passing the ticket on. I work shifts and can't guarantee my days off so in order to justify buying it I rely on the ability to pass it on when I can't go. Sometimes I receive money for it from people I know and other times I give it to family for nothing.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I wonder if there are many like me who may not renew their season ticket next year if the club start clamping down on passing the ticket on. I work shifts and can't guarantee my days off so in order to justify buying it I rely on the ability to pass it on when I can't go. Sometimes I receive money for it from people I know and other times I give it to family for nothing.

Ohhhh you naughty boy - I bet Barber hates you !!!!

it's a shame it's been closed down because my brother's down from Manchester next week and I wanted to take him to the match, i'd normally ask anyone who has two spare tickets (anywhere in the ground) for the Forest game to PM me, even offering a deposit to cover smart cards. but we can't do that anymore so I suppose I'll just have to call in to the ticket office (last thing on Friday) and get a couple.

Premiership Dream

Nov 16, 2011
At some point it will be possible to clone Smartcards, and when that happens I'd be extremely careful about who I gave mine to. Once cloned, I could potentially lose access to the ground completely, and only be aware of it when the turnstile fails to open.

you'd do well to clone someones card..........bearing in mind they'd know where to find you ......"in there seat on match days"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here