Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Re: Closure of NSC ticket exchange

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It's illegal to resell/give away tickets for football matches taking place in England (or matches which involve the England national team).

It's not illegal to resell gig tickets.

Thought you'd know this, Kev. Was in the Criminal Justice Act.

Of course, yeah... I was being dumb, blame the hangover... :dunce:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You've been hinting heavily about this and an enemy in the camp.

The camp in question is clearly NSC and not the club. You also mentioned the BBS having a similar ticket exchange and I'm not sure why you brought this up.

I assume this is fallout from the incident with the palace fan on this board, and the out of proportion anger about it on the BBS. My guess is a palace twat has targetted Bozza over this and has threatened legal action against the ticket exchange on here as a twisted act of 'revenge'.

I don't think it is a Palace fan.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
You missed my point.

They get SOMETHING (from food/drink/other from someone using the exchange here) from someone getting a ticket here.

I think your assumption is that they'll buy a full price ticket if they can't get cheaper from here.

If that person is doing so because they can't afford the club prices then, if that avenue is no longer open, the club then get NOTHING if they don't go at all.

Yes, possibly, but you miss the point. In all honesty the revenue side is a bit of a red herring, it's the club's heavy-handedness that is the issue (assuming it IS the club), they're not exactly going out of their way to win the 'hearts and minds' battle. If the Amex was selling out match after match I could understand it, they'd want people to use their official ticket exchange and fair enough.

EDIT: And don't forget the club's ticket exchange only cuts in when it's a sell-out

Springal has answered this for me:

Lets say someone spends £10, and the club get, at BEST, £2.50 from this - in all honesty do you think they care? Say 750 tickets a game get passed on, that is not even £2k.

If they clamp down on this, and force more to go via the club, I am pretty sure they will get more than 60 odd people buying a ticket from the club now, per game, which equates to the same, and then some spend on top. This really is simple business.

As for "hearts and minds" - I've haven't seen Paul Barber machine gunning people (yet) :facepalm:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Springal has answered this for me:

As for "hearts and minds" - I've haven't seen Paul Barber machine gunning people (yet) :facepalm:
Eh? he hasn't answered it at all, he's still going on about revenue! And I shall take your last, somewhat stupid, comment as an admission that you concede the point.

EDIT and we're all still assuming it IS the club, however your comment about the people 'wanting to shut down NSC/NSP' is noted.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No it isn't.
You might have to be a bit more open then instead of making teasing posts like 'Who says it's the club?' I must admit when you said it the thought that it was the people behind SeagullsChat people crossed my mind as well, but I didn't think they'd be that spiteful.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Eh? he hasn't answered it at all, he's still going on about revenue! And I shall take your last, somewhat stupid, comment as an admission that you concede the point.

EDIT and we're all still assuming it IS the club, however your comment about the people 'wanting to shut down NSC/NSP' is noted.

I was only ever arguing about revenue :shrug:
I agree with you that they (if it is the club) may have lost some goodwill, but to call it a hearts and minds battle is preposterous.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
750?!!! It's about 20/30 from here I suspect.

Anyway, as I say, many buying cheaper are those that cannot (or won't, irrelevant which) afford club tickets.

I see your point and the logical assumptions following that is attendances will go UP?

I see loads of empty seats, esp in the south end of the East stand lower. Quite a few in the south stand too.

Also, there are probably quite a few fans priced out who do NOT buy here or anywhere else, they simply don't go. This is understandable whilst games always sell out (like last season), however as I say, I see quite a few empty seats.

If the club (and I take the point above that it might not be the club instigating this) REALLY want more revenue, for non-sell out games (more common once the north corners are ready) match day tickets need to be cheaper. If (all in), South tickets were £25 and side tickets £30, they would sell MORE tickets (more than making up for lost revenue at higher prices). Up to them. THAT is really simple business (and my guess, they'll do exactly this next season for non-big games once new seats are in - assuming not in PL of course!).

They key is, every empty seat (whether ST, match-day, not-taken exchange etc.) is lost revenue.

The key is to stop the STH selling his ticket and let the club sell it. This gives those that would like cheap match day tickets a chance of buying them. The club could then offer seats all around the stadium and let people choose.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I was only ever arguing about revenue :shrug:
I agree with you that they (if it is the club) may have lost some goodwill, but to call it a hearts and minds battle is preposterous.
And I'd said the revenue was a 'red herring' and not the reason why I was objecting, so I don't know why you quoted my post?

I don't think it's preposterous at all to refer to it as 'hearts and minds', it's another little wedge between club and fans. IF the club are behind it then they've pissed a lot of people off - including me and I never even used the exchange!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
And I'd said the revenue was a 'red herring' and not the reason why I was objecting, so I don't know why you quoted my post?

Ok, I shouldn't have quoted you in that instance, apologies.
But I haven't "missed the point", I only joined in to point out the revenue fallacy so I don't know why you quoted me in the first place :shrug:

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
If it is the club behind this, then perhaps we should organise a 'turn your backs on the Albion' campaign.

After an agreed amount of time, perhaps 15 minutes, which was the time of the York City 'invasion' in 1996, everyone should stand up and turn their backs to the pitch for a minute.

Whilst there have been many organisations who have supported the club during it's tough times, NSC has been at the heart of this, and has been instrumental in passing on messages, organising demonstrations, flyers, campaigns and so on. For the club to now decide that it is sufficiently wealthy that it no longer needs our support then such arrogance deserves a response.

HACC are prepared to come out of retirement for this one, and the Allegro is going to need a new polish.

God Bless Cass Pennant and the Queen Mum

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
The key is to stop the STH selling his ticket and let the club sell it. This gives those that would like cheap match day tickets a chance of buying them. The club could then offer seats all around the stadium and let people choose.

Yes, but from the clubs point of view a ST exchange scheme is an overhead that has to be paid for, it's not something that can operate at zero cost because someone has to be answering phone calls and updating the ticket database, someone who would normally be employed selling full priced 'walk-up' tickets.

You are expecting the club to undercut their own 'walk-up' prices by offering returns at the same price that the original ST holder paid for that game. Commercially it's an additional overhead because no-one would choose the 'walk-up' option.

When you pay for a ST it's the complete package, or nothing. There is no 'pro-rata' rate at which ST's can be split up, except that which the club deem to be what they need to charge to recoup whatever extra admin costs there are in running the exchange.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yes, but from the clubs point of view a ST exchange scheme is an overhead that has to be paid for, it's not something that can operate at zero cost because someone has to be answering phone calls and updating the ticket database, someone who would normally be employed selling full priced 'walk-up' tickets.

You are expecting the club to undercut their own 'walk-up' prices by offering returns at the same price that the original ST holder paid for that game. Commercially it's an additional overhead because no-one would choose the 'walk-up' option.

When you pay for a ST it's the complete package, or nothing. There is no 'pro-rata' rate at which ST's can be split up, except that which the club deem to be what they need to charge to recoup whatever extra admin costs there are in running the exchange.

The simple answer is to trash the official Ticket Exchange then. No administrative costs to cover then. And let's be honest it's crap and only kicked in what once or twice ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here