Re: All you anti Mghee

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
brightonfan_86 said:
How is your electricity card BYF? I hope you've topped up.

Likes wrestling,harry potter and allo allo.

And your taking the piss out of me.

Go on and crawl back in your cave mate.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Happy Seagull said:
I care about watching some decent football and seeing my team win now and then. I'm not asking us to be another Chelsea, just be abit entertaining sometimes, i don't think that is too much to ask. The standard of football under MM has been shocking, and winning games almost non existent.

Can't wait for a new man to come in and give us some hope again.

Your igoring the key facts. Loss of players and no replacement leaves us in sh** street. The players are not good enough to get us up and under any manager would not set the league on fire.

When he does go you will see that.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
London Irish said:
Yet the Magoo outers continue to stick their heads in the ground like ostriches, pretending all this will change if McGhee goes. How quaint.

So what makes you so sure that it won't then LI?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
brightonfan_86 said:
God sake grow up mate?

Oh it wasnt grow up when you were telling me to top up my electric and calling me a retard for having a different opinion to you.

British Bulldog said:
So what makes you so sure that it won't then LI?

Well, the rather basic fact that our financial situation will worsen if McGhee goes prematurely, as we will be having to pay out for two managers for the rest of the season.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
London Irish said:
Well, the rather basic fact that our financial situation will worsen if McGhee goes prematurely, as we will be having to pay out for two managers for the rest of the season.

But I thought it was mentioned on one of these threads that DK said himself he can afford to sack McGhee?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
London Irish said:

And not fogetting the fact the new managers already in place..a certain mr wilkins..whose pulling the strings more now anyway.

Im not excited by that prospect at all..he knows the constraints of the club and will be another j.wood or hinsh

Rougvie said:
Not quite true, cant really imagine that anyone watching us this season cant see that there is a problem, whether it is investment, management, the board etc I'm not sure, personally I think its a combination of all those factors, not helped by a very impatient fan base that really deserve to be watching better.

With all that we have been through Knight and Perry cannot afford to kill investment in the club or we will go the way of Oxford (look where they are with their new stadium) and the like.

The ones who bury their heads in the sand are the ones who dont believe that we can freefall like we did before.

Absolutely, I do believe we can freefall, but the sure way to do that is by plunging the club into turmoil with management change gambles. McGhee has a threadbare squad but there are few other managers who could get much more out of these players, and whatever the excitable ones say on here, we are not being outclassed in this division, we are putting the ball on the floor and knocking it around, guys like Cox and Stokes can't play any other way. It will come off against against some teams like Rotherham and the Gills and very nearly Brentford and even Forest, and come unstuck against others but that is not freefall, that's midtable form.

Last edited:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I dont see how anything has changed at the club a few faces have left and we havent replaced them and now we struggle..People can keep on ignoring the fact and use excuses like its the tactics or man management. But the fact is slowly but surely its got worse through lots of reasons..why make it worse still by sacking the manager when he's just got down and got on with it.

British Bulldog said:
But I thought it was mentioned on one of these threads that DK said himself he can afford to sack McGhee?

Yes, we can afford to give McGhee the money. But that money will come directly out of the little pot we have to get players. As we know that small pot is not getting us players right now, I admire your optimism that an even smaller pot of money than that will be able to do so in future.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
Absolutely, I do believe we can freefall, but the sure way to do that is by plunging the club into turmoil with management change gambles. McGhee has a threadbare squad but there are few other managers who could get much more out of these players, and whatever the excitable ones say on here, we are not being outclassed in this division, we are putting the ball on the floor and knocking it around, guys like Cox and Stokes can't play any other way. It will come off against against some teams like Rotherham and the Gills and very nearly Brentford and even Forest, and come unstuck against others but that is not freefall, that's midtable form.
So why play with one up front with no midfielders pushing on. I think it is great that we are trying to play this football but you need to pick the team and have the mentality to go with it. It wasn't til Jake came on against Bristol that the team started to look like it could play. I still want MM to be given a chance but these fundemental errors in his tactics need to stop.

We are not playing one up front, the system is 4-3-3, sometimes switched to 4-4-2.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Les Biehn said:
So why play with one up front with no midfielders pushing on. I think it is great that we are trying to play this football but you need to pick the team and have the mentality to go with it. It wasn't til Jake came on against Bristol that the team started to look like it could play. I still want MM to be given a chance but these fundemental errors in his tactics need to stop.

He looks like a desperate man put under strict financial pressure..playing players in different positions..just to try it..like virgo up front last year

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
London Irish said:
Yes, we can afford to give McGhee the money. But that money will come directly out of the little pot we have to get players. As we know that small pot is not getting us players right now, I admire your optimistic believe that an even smaller pot of money than that will be able to do so in future.

So you know for fact that the money we'd give Mcghee will come directly out of the playing budget? Are you the club accountant or are you just guessing again?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We have been playing one up front though. There's never more than one "striker" in the box. Th last half hour of the Bristol City game was the first time we've played 4-4-2 this season.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
We are not playing one up front, the system is 4-3-3, sometimes switched to 4-4-2.

Sorry, were you at Bristol?

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
byf said:
I feel proper sorry for the guy, all the half decent players have left the club, and we are left with a mix of youngsters and players who are well past it.

Just a few quick questions - who offered the past it players contract extensions? Who signed Big Mac and CKR?

Why are players not joining us on loan, never had problems when in this division before in securing loan deals?

Last edited:

Les Biehn said:
Sorry, were you at Bristol?

I wasn't but all the media who described our system as 4-3-3 were. They have more credibility than you.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
London Irish said:
Absolutely, I do believe we can freefall, but the sure way to do that is by plunging the club into turmoil with management change gambles. McGhee has a threadbare squad but there are few other managers who could much more out of these players, and whatever the excitable ones say on here, we are not being outclassed in this division, we are putting the ball on the floor and knocking it around, guys like Cox and Stokes can't play any other way. It will come off against against some teams like Rotherham and the Gills and very nearly Brentford and even Forest, and come unstuck against others but that is not freefall, that's midtable form.

I'm not saying its freefall yet, it go go either way, its just the very notion of us being on the brink of that, its also hard for young lads to play ball to feet on the ground week after week in this division, particularly as I feel some of our strenghts have been the way we play the ball out of defence which will very much change when big Guy settles back in.

My arguement since christmas is that we are loosing money, you cant hide from that, but I would rather loose money in the way of spending an extra £1500 or so on the playing budget a week in order to re-coup that back in ticket sales as I am led to believe that the club make almost a 95% mark up on the sale of the extra tickets, the reluctance to speculate to accumulate staggers me as if we start winning games or play exciting football then £1500 is not difficult to take in, more astounding is the fact that we didn't seem to have a business plan in place to cope with being at Withdean for a few more years and for any business relying on a third party to approve its expansion plans that I am afraid is suicidal.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports