Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Re: All you anti Mghee

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Kinky Gerbils said:
That is the key point - all this other stuff is a side issue.

At the end of the day Mcghee's results have not been good enough.

Is it as cut and dry as that or are there key reasons behind why we went down and why we are where we are..

1. Loss of key players and no replacement
2. No money to spend
3. Punching above our weight

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
byf said:
Is it as cut and dry as that or are there key reasons behind why we went down and why we are where we are..

1. Loss of key players and no replacement
2. No money to spend
3. Punching above our weight

And most important, not enough points

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
withdeanwombat said:
My twopennorth: NOBODY at the club any longer is to blame (AND it is NOT PC to have a blame culture anyway.)

People currently in charge at the club are doing their best at all levels to preserve the club in the hope that FUTURE developments will allow the club to go forward again.

Yes,its a sod when we lose to teams we THINK we should be beating,but it is easy to ignore the FACT that our team has spent much of its league history at the third tier,what many of us used to know as third division football.

There are several clubs in the Premiership(First Division) we could be likened to,but because we are not like them now does not mean there is no HOPE.

There are even some in the top league who used to be regulars at the Goldstone in those faraway third division south days----when Goldstone regulars used to moan that HE wasn't good enough,and HE wasn't good enough,and the MANAGER had his head stuck up his arse,and JUST WHY didn't the DIRECTORS stick their hands in their pockets and buy a centre forward,and HE'S played seventeen games for the Albion so he MUST be a LEGEND!

Up the Albion.

TOP POST!!!! How many Anti-McGhee posters remember vividly the days before we ever graced the top tier of football (this is NOT a rhetorical question... I really want to know)... because I think we have been blinded by two small periods of staggering suucess (1976-1983 and 2000-2005)... the rest of that time we were exaclty were we are now or worse. And until we have a ground that's where we'll stay.

Dies Irae said:
It didnt matter at Luton away and Southampton away seemly

The Luton defeat was bad but Dave, but you went to the Saints game. In all fairness, did that squad of Albion players, denied ten first choice starters due to suspension and injuries, play like it "didn't matter"?

I regard such casual comments as a poor reward for the Albion players who gave 110 per cent at St Marys :rolleyes:

Last edited:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
How can anyone still possibly defend McGhee?

Because he's not managing a club that has given him a fair ride, and now the fans are doing exactly what a fickle lot would do,not look at the bigger picture and lay the blame on mcghee. Remember who has left this club in the last year or so. How does he do his job properly with no replacement.

Im sorry as much as i disliked Knight..you cant replace him with 50k ..nor can you replace Virgo with a loan signing or harding or cullip and the list goes on. Be realistic wghat did you expect after no new faces a play-off tem..behave yourself.

Bla Bla effort and motivation. Face it the players are not good enough..not about passion..there just a crop of poor players left at the club.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:
TOP POST!!!! How many Anti-McGhee posters remember vividly the days before we ever graced the top tier of football (this is NOT a rhetorical question... I really want to know)... because I think we have been blinded by two small periods of staggering suucess (1976-1983 and 2000-2005)... the rest of that time we were exaclty were we are now or worse. And until we have a ground that's where we'll stay.

:clap:

Uncle Buck said:
Luton away, Southampton home, Stoke home, to name a few.

As well as not being good enough McGhee seemed incapable of motivating and saying some games were not important sums McGhee up.

Once again, when presented with the key fact that Sheff Wed were able to spend their way to safety and we weren't, you completely duck the salient issue of finances.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
It amazes me how some fans expected us to stay up last term!!!

We didnt strengthen when it really mattered (jan)

Now fans are expecting a return to championship football...It will not happen.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:
Once again, when presented with the key fact that Sheff Wed were able to spend their way to safety and we weren't, you completely duck the salient issue of finances.

I believe we did have the finances but didnt get anyone as per USUAL due to MM/DK/Uncle Tom Cobbley being INERT.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
brightonfan_86 said:
How is your electricity card BYF? I hope you've topped up.

You even steal other people's insults.

:jester:

If you have nothing decent to bring to the table f*** off

magoo said:
Micky Adams, Peter Taylor and Steve Coppel all served under the same management and they did alright.

Adams operated predominatly at League 2 level for us. Taylor bailed out on us because he said the job could not be done with the finances we had due to the stadium situation. Coppell got us relegated.

Dick Knight confirmed at the Fans Forum a few weeks ago that McGhee now has less financial flexibility than Adams had back in League 2 days. This is due to continuing and accumulated Withdean losses and more Falmer delays and exceptional expenditure on this project.

Yet the Magoo outers continue to stick their heads in the ground like ostriches, pretending all this will change if McGhee goes. How quaint.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
byf said:
It amazes me how some fans expected us to stay up last term!!!

We didnt strengthen when it really mattered (jan)

Now fans are expecting a return to championship football...It will not happen.
That isn't the main issue at all. If we had gone down with a fight, and there hadn't been a bad atmosphere around the playing side of the club then I think most people could've accepted that. Also there's the matter of the strange team selections and shit tactics. You can slag off Knight and CKR all you want, and yes mabye they were wankers, but if handled better they would both still be at the club now and our striker crisis wouldn't exist.
Who has said they they expect us to be promoted, no one on here that I can see. You're just making that up so you can have an arguement

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
London Irish said:
Adams operated predominatly at League 2 level for us. Taylor bailed out on us because he said the job could not be done with the finances we had due to the stadium situation. Coppell got us relegated.

Dick Knight confirmed at the Fans Forum a few weeks ago that McGhee now has less financial flexibility than Adams had back in League 2 days. This is due to continuing and accumulated Withdean losses and more Falmer delays and exceptional expenditure on this project.

Yet the Magoo outers continue to stick their heads in the ground like ostriches, pretending all this will change if McGhee goes. How quaint.

Top post

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Happy Seagull said:
I hate it when the pro MM camp bang on about who would do a better job etc. I think it's fair to say almost anyone could do a better job, it would be bloody hard to do worse.

Because we are not on that rollercoaster of promotion..relegation..promotion..no one likes it and now that has happend people are being too hasty and are pointing fingers.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
London Irish said:

Not quite true, cant really imagine that anyone watching us this season cant see that there is a problem, whether it is investment, management, the board etc I'm not sure, personally I think its a combination of all those factors, not helped by a very impatient fan base that really deserve to be watching better.

With all that we have been through Knight and Perry cannot afford to kill investment in the club or we will go the way of Oxford (look where they are with their new stadium) and the like.

The ones who bury their heads in the sand are the ones who dont believe that we can freefall like we did before.

I care about watching some decent football and seeing my team win now and then. I'm not asking us to be another Chelsea, just be abit entertaining sometimes, i don't think that is too much to ask. The standard of football under MM has been shocking, and winning games almost non existent.

Can't wait for a new man to come in and give us some hope again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here