Re: All you anti Mghee

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Re: Re: Re: All you anti Mghee

paddy said:
If you actually took the time to read the threads, you would realise that many people have attacked the club for a lack of ambition and not just McGhee.

I did...But it doesnt change the fact at away and at home games the players and the management know the fans have no confidence in them,But the board as usual are getting an easy ride..using the same half-arsed excuses..

It is not acceptable when selling players for huge transfer fee's like 1.5 million we bring no-1 in..and give some tin-pot amount to mm to go spend. and now mcghee looks like a desperate man with no money r resources scaping around for any player he can get

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
byf said:
Agree.

Mcghee is not to blame its our finances, he's got a part to play. But I feel the sack at this stage with what he's had to put up with is way over the top,and typical of the new fickle albion fan.

Do your history! Albion fans have allways been fickle.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Dandyman said:
And you are how old and have supported the club since when ?

Ive been going for over 15 years and find it hard to believe how narrow minded and fickle the little group which chant negative comments each game..yes its a poor situation to be in and mcghee is no micky adams but no1 is looking at the achievements of the man and the finances. Yeah every1 will have a rant dick tight bla bla,but when the sh** hits the fan its mcghee who always gets the rough ride.

Can nobody see the bigger picture for fuc* sake!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
British Bulldog said:
Do your history! Albion fans have allways been fickle.
:clap:

D

Deleted member 2719

byf said:
Agree.

Mcghee is not to blame its our finances, he's got a part to play. But I feel the sack at this stage with what he's had to put up with is way over the top,and typical of the new fickle albion fan.

If you think fickle is a fan of 30 years who has never felt a manager deserved the sack as much as MM - you had better put me down as fickle then.

Dandyman

In London village.
byf said:
Ive been going for over 15 years and find it hard to believe how narrow minded and fickle the little group which chant negative comments each game..yes its a poor situation to be in and mcghee is no micky adams but no1 is looking at the achievements of the man and the finances. Yeah every1 will have a rant dick tight bla bla,but when the sh** hits the fan its mcghee who always gets the rough ride.

Can nobody see the bigger picture for fuc* sake!

Firstly many of the the people you are slagging off have been going for 20,30 or 40 years plus so they are not "new". Secondly the ones I know were exactly the ones who were there during the Archole years, so not "fickle" either.

The board and the players are not free from criticism but IMO we in a situation now where people such as myself who initially supported MM (ask Buck) on the basis that he was a decent man during a tough job in very difficult circumstances now just see someone who appears to have run out of ideas and lost command of the squad and the support of the fans.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Dandyman said:
Firstly many of the the people you are slagging off have been going for 20,30 or 40 years plus so they are not "new". Secondly the ones I know were exactly the ones who were there during the Archole years, so not "fickle" either.

The board and the players are not free from criticism but IMO we in a situation now where people such as myself who initially supported MM (ask Buck) on the basis that he was a decent man during a tough job in very difficult circumstances now just see someone who appears to have run out of ideas and lost command of the squad and the support of the fans.

Irrelevant of how long these so called fans have been going things are changing. Brighton fans used to sing and dance whether we were 4 up or 4 down, 3500 to away games ie torquay and it was aparty every week. That went on for years.
Now its all about shouting at our younsters,moaning about management,tactics.

You lot want to make your minds up, The board of this football club have decided the playing side is not important,all that is important is falmer falmer falmer, I agree but not to the stage where we can hardly field a decent eleven,sell sell sell.

Mcghee is a decent bloke..but patience has ran out when we need it mose as far as im concerned weve sold just too many this time and pushed it too far. before we would replace what we lost to a certain extent,over the last year or so weve done nothing to stop the rot financially and we are reaping what we have sown and mcghee has to pick up the pieces.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
supaseagull said:
9 wins out of a possible 49 is not 'bad luck' - the buck has got to stop somewhere and in this instance it is with the manager.

What he said! :clap: :clap:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Uncle Buck said:
Not talking about last season, I am talking about the season before, when at the end of January we needed about 9 points to stay up and we did our best to go down.

The current squad has some talent in it, granted it lacks a goal scorer, but the manager seems to have no idea as to how to use the players in it.

Sorry, can't agree with that. This suggest that what we did in the first part of the season was what was to be expected. We were lucky the first half of the season so by the second half the rest of the decision had wised up to us. Brighton is not ready for Championship football and we won't be until we've got a ground.

For the first time in the last two weeks my faith in McGhee slipped a little too but mainly because of the failure to bring anyone to the club and let's be honest that's not only his fault... Dick Knight... Withdean...... no Falmer.....

As far as I am concerned if we win on average a game in two or three that will be fine for this season and I wouldn't expect ANY manager to do better. Whern Falmer is FINALLY confirmed or some rich geezer somewhere gives us real money I will start hoping for more.

In love with the Seagulls but realistic too.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
3gulls said:
What he said! :clap: :clap:

The fact is you cannot replace the loss of our leaders,cullip and virgo with youth aswell as knight going. continually it has amazed me how the board expect mcghee to cope and still grind out results with this current crop. pathetic

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:
Sorry, can't agree with that. This suggest that what we did in the first part of the season was what was to be expected. We were lucky the first half of the season so by the second half the rest of the decision had wised up to us. Brighton is not ready for Championship football and we won't be until we've got a ground.

For the first time in the last two weeks my faith in McGhee slipped a little too but mainly because of the failure to bring anyone to the club and let's be honest that's not only his fault... Dick Knight... Withdean...... no Falmer.....

As far as I am concerned if we win on average a game in two or three that will be fine for this season and I wouldn't expect ANY manager to do better. Whern Falmer is FINALLY confirmed or some rich geezer somewhere gives us real money I will start hoping for more.

In love with the Seagulls but realistic too.

Fully and totally agree.

:clap:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Uncle Buck said:
Leon Knight going was McGhee's decision.

He was pushing his luck...He never liked the fans or the club..He was trouble maker and i'd rather not have someone like that at the club,so well done mcghee for having the guts to do it.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
byf said:
He was pushing his luck...He never liked the fans or the club..He was trouble maker and i'd rather not have someone like that at the club,so well done mcghee for having the guts to do it.

Can you blme him? he got dogs abuse at home games

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Lets just remember a manager is allways judged by results, And for the last 18 months our's have been poor. We've all put in our various opinions about the reason why, but the plain fact is Mcghee is the manager and for whatever reason he is'nt producing. Now we could turn our frustration away from McGhee and towards the DK instead. But Dick is a survivor & likes popularity so he'll only deflect it & look for a scapegoat, That scapegoat will be Mcghee anyway.

D

Deleted member 2719

byf said:

No what he said was he never liked you not the fans!!

;)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
British Bulldog said:
Lets just remember a manager is allways judged by results,

That is the key point - all this other stuff is a side issue.

At the end of the day Mcghee's results have not been good enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports