Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ's Wolves Press Conference

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I know the narrative is about our injured players coming back, but
a) there is no guarantee that they come back and don't get a reoccurrence or pick up another injury (which always seems to happen)
Does anyone actually believe Lamptey will be injury free for the rest of the season (or Welbeck or Fati or Lallana or Webster for that matter)?
b) someone else will get injured.

I would say another midfielder (or defender) and a winger would be useful
If we bought two more players - then for example - tonight we would have
up to 9 first team players not including March - for every game - who RDZ couldn’t squeeze into the first team squad - let alone the team. I know he likes a bit of rotation and I know there will be more injuries and I know we’re still in three competitions but managing a large squad is challenging ( they all want to play and they all need to develop)

(Tonight we probably will name a 19 for the first time in a while with no u21s)

So As early as the spurs (a) - we would then have the 19 picked tonight and also 9 other players to think about…

Ansu fati, Enciso, veltman, Igor, Barco, Adingra, Mitoma, signing #1 and signing#2

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So my take - Brian Owen in the Argus wrote something about this earlier in the window - is that he’s probably referring to needing 2-3 more fit players (which is on track) to pick from in his squad or 2-3 more options perhaps from a single player (the Brighton way !) when he says this in interviews due to his English/translations etc - Rather than 2-3 new signings) . But never say never - I’d expect more incomings will then prompt outgoings. Another winger would surely mean a loan for someone like Buonanotte. Another midfielder would mean a loan for ?? Or more likely - that’s it. Window done.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
So my take - Brian Owen in the Argus wrote something about this earlier in the window - is that he’s probably referring to needing 2-3 more fit players (which is on track) to pick from in his squad or 2-3 more options perhaps from a single player (the Brighton way !) when he says this in interviews due to his English/translations etc - Rather than 2-3 new signings) . But never say never - I’d expect more incomings will then prompt outgoings. Another winger would surely mean a loan for someone like Buonanotte. Another midfielder would mean a loan for ?? Or more likely - that’s it. Window done.

Another right back would provide cover for Veltman and allow Hinshelwood to play in his preferred position, that probably means Dahoud getting upset due to splinters in his backside or going out on loan. It would also mean we are not reliant on Baleba who looks like he needs a loan to get up to speed, if that was an option for him.

In my view signing a RB would be the best thing we could do with the remainder of this window.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Our current first team squad is now up to 19 or 20 fit players (if you include McGill)
With 7 more players due back by Spurs (A) or Sheff Utd (A) from injury or international duty
And March - with a slight chance back before "end of season"

Fit >>

Steele / Verbruggen (McGill)
Lamptey, Webster, Dunk, JPVH, Estupinan
Hinshelwood, Milner, Balaba, Gross, Glimour, Dahoud
Lallana, Buonanotte, Moder
Pedro, Ferguson, Welbeck

Not fit /International Duty:

Full Training
Ansu Fati, Veltman

International Duty
Adingra (hamstring - training) , Mitoma (hamstring) , Barco (played last night !)

Work at Lancing
Enciso, Igor

Long term - "hope he might play before end of season" (RDZ)
March

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
or it could look like this for mid February - 27 fit players to pick from...

Steele / Verbruggen / Mcgill
Lamptey, Webster, Dunk, JPVH, Estupinan (Barco) , (Veltman), (igor)
Lallana, Buonanotte, Moder, (Ansu Fati), (Adingra), (MItoma)
Pedro, Ferguson, Welbeck, (Enciso)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
or it could look like this for mid February - 27 fit players to pick from...

Steele / Verbruggen / Mcgill
Lamptey, Webster, Dunk, JPVH, Estupinan (Barco) , (Veltman), (igor)
Lallana, Buonanotte, Moder, (Ansu Fati), (Adingra), (MItoma)
Pedro, Ferguson, Welbeck, (Enciso)
Assuming nobody else gets injured, ever again.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Apart from Hinshelwood, Buonanotte, Ferguson and Baleba obviously...
Well to be really pedantic ha ha . Its of course 9 subs so one of Kavanagh, Baker Boitey , Jack Hinchy etc will be there.. but the chances of the U21s (WHO AREN"T REGULAR FIRST TEAMERS AND NORMALLY PLAY IN THE PL2 BUT ARE APPEARING ON THE BENCH TO GIVE THEM EXPERIENCE HA HA ) filling out the squad in the next month or so are now pretty unlikely.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Well to be really pedantic ha ha . Its of course 9 subs so one of Kavanagh, Baker Boitey , Jack Hinchy etc will be there.. but the chances of the U21s (WHO AREN"T REGULAR FIRST TEAMERS AND NORMALLY PLAY IN THE PL2 BUT ARE APPEARING ON THE BENCH TO GIVE THEM EXPERIENCE HA HA ) filling out the squad in the next month or so are now pretty unlikely.
Assumign there are no further injuries (big assumption).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Assumign there are no further injuries (big assumption).
We really are overdoing this . Yes we might , indeed , will have more injuries but we'd probably need seven , not a handful, but seven !! new injuries for Spurs (A) or Sheff Utd (A) to put a Baker Boitey and the likes on the Bench assuming its not 4 central defenders in one go or something. possible ? but come off it. - thats not a big assumption. Its. very remote. unless you're really half empty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here